Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Where's the apologies

Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson?! The Duke players are innocent even after you threw them under the bus with no evidence. These guys disgust me. No on should ever call them "Reverends". Probably two of the most racist guys I've seen. These kids will have to live with this until the day they die.

I don't know why I'm posting this now, just hearing about it over and over makes me realize how little respect I have for them.

Just Win Baby
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Re: Where's the apologies

Agreed.

Why don't they find a camera (we know they are good at that!) and apologize to these kids who they were ready to hang?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44

Those two absolute IDIOTS are one of the main reasons why racism is still played in society like it is. They play the race card every chance they get cause that's what has made them wealthy. They like to use the "Reverend" status and try to look high and mighty trying to make white people accountable for every action they make. They of course, are not subject to the same standards and if questioned, just have another reason to play the race card once again.

Addict
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,383
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    Those two absolute IDIOTS are one of the main reasons why racism is still played in society like it is. They play the race card every chance they get cause that's what has made them wealthy. They like to use the "Reverend" status and try to look high and mighty trying to make white people accountable for every action they make. They of course, are not subject to the same standards and if questioned, just have another reason to play the race card once again.
    Definitely agree. Chance of either of them apologizing (and getting it shown on TV) is close to 0.0000000001%.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I wouldn't expect an apology from those 2. Their egos are too big to do that and I don't understand why they feel the need to be the "spokesmen" for African Americans. Lately with some of the "race" issues they've been a part of like the whole Imus mess I think anymore they look like hypocrites.

I don't really feel the need to go into great detail about that because that basically is just going to feed the fire and accomplish what they want which is attention for something that shouldn't get as much attention as it is. I don't see these guys trying to censor all the racial slurs and lyrics in music and for 2 guys that are supposed reverends you'd think they also know that God is forgiving which is something I haven't seen them do much of lately or talk about.

Walk On
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

CSTRUNK -- I think you are a little to high on that estimate!!! ;-)

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 116

Agree totally. But hey, the Duke Lacrosse players don't have the right color skin for those guys to defend them.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 116

Speaking of which, isn't what Imus said a sexual harrassment issue and not a racism, or maybe "nappy headed" means something I didn't know it meant.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 446
    Given: 306

I think it's ironic that right as the Duke LAX case is thrown out of court, after all of the railing Sharpton and Jackson did on the innocent players, they've moved on to Imus. These guys have made a career of pointing their fingers at and lynching the "racist" without any regard to the facts of the case and without any regard of innocence of the accused. Sharpton and Jackson will not apologize to the Duke LAX players b/c they will justify them as the "sacrificial lamb" to those who get away with that type of crime all the time.

Honestly, Sharpton and Jackson are two of the biggest racists in the United States.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I hate to say this but I just have to do it for the sake of an "what if" on this topic. Had this been the opposite where it was a white woman and black men how much would you bet this would have been even more ugly than it was? This is why I think racism only exsists when people make it a race issue.

I see people for who they are not their color. For example if you are a bad co-worker you are a bad co-worker. Your skin color has nothing to do with your work ethic. But if someone non-white is fired for being a bad employee its because he/she is not white but if someone white gets fired its because he/she had it coming. Seems like people are quick to use their race as an excuse whenever something bad happens to them. This frustrates the heck out of me because I've seen it.

We had a guy back in college that always showed up late to work, took long breaks, and various other things that any 1 of us would have been canned long before he did. The manager made us all sign a sheet next to the work schedule that said we agreed to all the terms listed above it and realized that by not following these guidelines we would be subject to loss of hours and possible termination. They were all common sense things and this 1 African American guy that was abusing all this goes "did he do this because I'm black?" One of the guys that was there with us goes "no he did it because you and some others spend more time late for work or taking a break than you do actually working some days. If you'd just do what is expected of you then you have nothing to worry about." Needless to say this guy still got fired later because he kept being unreliable.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Jason Whitlock wrote a great article about the Jackson/Sharpton thing and the Imus situation.
    Link

He was on Jim Rome's show last week talking about it as well - basically saying that Jackson and Sharpton are in it for the $ and not really about promoting any kind of equality message. I tend to agree with Jason, there are much more worthy causes that these two routinely ignore. The Duke lacrosse case is another example of them doing their whole race-baiting act, if only to get on tv for the sake of getting on tv. I'd wager that you'll never see anything close to an apology to those "silver-spoon" white kids that Jackson and Sharpton tried to convict in the court of public opinion before the facts were out.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Sharpton and Jackson will not apologize to the Duke LAX players b/c they will justify them as the "sacrificial lamb" to those who get away with that type of crime all the time.

Honestly, Sharpton and Jackson are two of the biggest racists in the United States.
    I agree with you in the "sacrificial lamb" comparison, but I think it is more shallow then that even. I honestly believe that Sharpton and Jackson will not apologize to the LaCrosse players simply because they are white and whites suppressed blacks for many years so they won't do it since it will just inflate the white man's ego..

I have some African-American friends that are just as disgusted with these morons as I am. It's pretty sad

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Just out of curiosity, does anyone hear like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson? I've never met anyone who does.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

"I just wanted to apologixe for what I said on Wheel of Fortune Mr. Sharpton."

"Are you ready? To apologize? Chad, get the camera ready. Kiss my @$$, apologize. Apologize..."

"Seven minutes to glory."

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

If I even see Sharpton or Jesse ******* on the TV screen I simply turn the channel. No matter the situation, they always seem to be more of a problem than a solution.