Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 26,462, Level: 49
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,114
    Points
    26,462
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 63

    From BF's Twitter

    From BF's Twitter:

    "Alison Lacey in the GYM TODAY!! There is a reason she is good and will be great at the next level-loves the game and does the work it takes "
    - posted about 7.30 AM yesterday

    This is self explanatory. I really admire Aus and hope the best for her


    "Tons of great emails today about another fantastic season--our fans understand how hard it is to win at Iowa State and appreciate the effort

    And we did get ONE nasty voice mail from a gutless person who would not leave their name who was not happy--there is always ONE!So Sad!!
    - posted yesterday

    This is horrible ! I can't believe with how this team exceeding expectations, someone still felt unhappy and did such thing. So, for you who haven't done so - I encourage you to express your support to BF and the Team. I know he replies e-mail personally and appreciates the support.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 386,972, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,797
    Points
    386,972
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 392

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Yeah that was pretty gutless and shameful that that person called and complained. Helluvah season. they should be proud.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 44,660, Level: 65
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,117
    Points
    44,660
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    From BF's Twitter:



    "Tons of great emails today about another fantastic season--our fans understand how hard it is to win at Iowa State and appreciate the effort

    "how hard it is to win at Iowa State"... what does this mean?


    Honor Before Victory

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 263,257, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,472
    Points
    263,257
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 628

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Yeah that was pretty gutless and shameful that that person called and complained. Helluvah season. they should be proud.
    No doubt. This season was in all reality a rebuilding year. We replaced a ton of players and some serious talent from an Elite 8 team. Not many programs can have a rebuilding year that ends in the Sweet 16. I was more then impressed with our results this season.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 65,027, Level: 79
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,998
    Points
    65,027
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 8

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    From BF's Twitter:

    "Alison Lacey in the GYM TODAY!! There is a reason she is good and will be great at the next level-loves the game and does the work it takes "
    - posted about 7.30 AM yesterday

    This is self explanatory. I really admire Aus and hope the best for her


    "Tons of great emails today about another fantastic season--our fans understand how hard it is to win at Iowa State and appreciate the effort

    And we did get ONE nasty voice mail from a gutless person who would not leave their name who was not happy--there is always ONE!So Sad!!
    - posted yesterday

    This is horrible ! I can't believe with how this team exceeding expectations, someone still felt unhappy and did such thing. So, for you who haven't done so - I encourage you to express your support to BF and the Team. I know he replies e-mail personally and appreciates the support.
    There's always that one person who will never be happy, no matter the outcome.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 181,216, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,959
    Points
    181,216
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 122

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    "how hard it is to win at Iowa State"... what does this mean?
    Maybe he meant: "how hard it is to win at Iowa State compared to UCONN"



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 51,023, Level: 69
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,023
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    There's always that one person who will never be happy, no matter the outcome.

    If he isn't a member of CF he should be...could find a lot of people just like him here.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 263,257, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,472
    Points
    263,257
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 628

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    If he isn't a member of CF he should be...could find a lot of people just like him here.
    I've got $100 that says it was Monty.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 44,660, Level: 65
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,117
    Points
    44,660
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    Maybe he meant: "how hard it is to win at Iowa State compared to UCONN"
    i dont think fans want to hear about how hard it is to win at isu.


    Honor Before Victory

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 65,027, Level: 79
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,998
    Points
    65,027
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 8

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    "how hard it is to win at Iowa State"... what does this mean?
    It could mean any number of things. Difficulty recruiting to Ames/Iowa. Smallest athletic budget in the Big XII. Atmosphere of campus vs. what the athlete is looking for. Recruiting areas. Type of player the coaches focus on.

    BF has done an outstanding job here. Outstanding. But that doesn't mean that every year isn't an uphill battle. Thankfully we have WBB coaches who are more than up to the challenge.

    Also remember that he's limited to 140 characters on twitter - "win" may not be the most accurate word, or what he wanted to say, but it fit. Don't read too much into it.


    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-30-2010 at 12:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 408,020, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,651
    Points
    408,020
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 272

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    i dont think fans want to hear about how hard it is to win at isu.
    Most fans already know.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 154,124, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,183
    Points
    154,124
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 641

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    It makes sense that coaches (or those that are in their circle) will always push how hard their job is (most everyone thinks their job is hard). Keep expectations low.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 28,669, Level: 52
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cygrads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    2,006
    Points
    28,669
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 89

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    BF has made ISU one of the top twenty programs in DIV I WBB. The fans have put ISU in the top 5 in attendance. The ISU job may be tough but is easier than the vast majority of jobs out there.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 39,336, Level: 61
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,974
    Points
    39,336
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 15

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by cygrads View Post
    BF has made ISU one of the top twenty programs in DIV I WBB. The fans have put ISU in the top 5 in attendance. The ISU job may be tough but is easier than the vast majority of jobs out there.
    Hmm. Not sure how that makes his job easier. Maybe easier to come to work, but I don't think fans make his job less difficult. There's a LOT of hard work in being a good DI coach.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 28,669, Level: 52
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cygrads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    2,006
    Points
    28,669
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 89

    Re: From BF's Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms3r4ISU View Post
    Hmm. Not sure how that makes his job easier. Maybe easier to come to work, but I don't think fans make his job less difficult. There's a LOT of hard work in being a good DI coach.
    BF may have difficulties recruiting to Ames but some is offset by the level of fan support and the program he has already built.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM