Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 176,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,133
    Points
    176,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    In addition, Lombardi writes that the Raiders and Vikings are discussing a possible deal for Sage Rosenfels




  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Interesting..


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Does it really matter? He will just go sit on the bench somewhere else. Wish I was him, greatest job in football.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 126,336, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tim_redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,297
    Points
    126,336
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 24

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    Does it really matter? He will just go sit on the bench somewhere else. Wish I was him, greatest job in football.
    Yep, backup NFL QB is the best job in America.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 37,735, Level: 59
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,359
    Points
    37,735
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 9

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    Does it really matter? He will just go sit on the bench somewhere else. Wish I was him, greatest job in football.
    unless you enjoy competing and playing time....


    Husker Hater

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Hey i would like to get paid a million for just standing on the sidelines and not getting killed by 240 pound linebackers.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 37,735, Level: 59
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,359
    Points
    37,735
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 9

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Hey i would like to get paid a million for just standing on the sidelines and not getting killed by 240 pound linebackers.
    you say that as someone who is (i am assuming) no where close to an nfl roster. no slam to you, just a fair assumption. i would think if you were good enough to make a team your view woudl change a bit.


    Husker Hater

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 555,015, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,212
    Points
    555,015
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 38

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    I'd almost retire before going to the Raiders. Black hole of the NFL. (Sorry to any Raiders fans.)



  9. #9
    Eternal Student
    Points: 51,474, Level: 70
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,076
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nicholas J Schrup Library
    Posts
    2,812
    Points
    51,474
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 99

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    I'd almost retire before going to the Raiders. Black hole of the NFL. (Sorry to any Raiders fans.)
    I have to agree with this. One of my roommates is a Raider fan, and he's reached complacent levels with his fandom of them of late. It's to the point where we just laugh when the name "Al Davis" is mentioned, because you just know whatever follows it is going to be the most ridiculous thing you've heard all week.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 8,704, Level: 27
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    mharder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Posts
    665
    Points
    8,704
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by no2cyclones View Post
    I have to agree with this. One of my roommates is a Raider fan, and he's reached complacent levels with his fandom of them of late. It's to the point where we just laugh when the name "Al Davis" is mentioned, because you just know whatever follows it is going to be the most ridiculous thing you've heard all week.
    Indeed. But, I would actually like this trade. I'm pretty sure Sage could win the job. Look at their roster: Fat Toad, Gradkowski, and Frye. Although the Raiders would probably give up a 2nd rounder for Sage making it a terrible decision.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 39,348, Level: 61
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,002
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    2,019
    Points
    39,348
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by mharder View Post
    Indeed. But, I would actually like this trade. I'm pretty sure Sage could win the job. Look at their roster: Fat Toad, Gradkowski, and Frye. Although the Raiders would probably give up a 2nd rounder for Sage making it a terrible decision.
    If this is true then I EXPECT McNabb to be wearing a Vikings jersey. Trade Sage for Oaklands 2nd rounder and then trade that pick to the Eagles, as they are requesting a top 42 choice. Vikings keep their 1st rounder and have the QB that Childress has always wanted.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 8,704, Level: 27
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    mharder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Posts
    665
    Points
    8,704
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    If this is true then I EXPECT McNabb to be wearing a Vikings jersey. Trade Sage for Oaklands 2nd rounder and then trade that pick to the Eagles, as they are requesting a top 42 choice. Vikings keep their 1st rounder and have the QB that Childress has always wanted.
    A 2nd rounder is not the deal that has been proposed. It was just me throwing out a high draft pick to show how incompetent I think the Raiders are.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 39,348, Level: 61
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,002
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    2,019
    Points
    39,348
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Could Vikes be looking at trading Sage?

    Quote Originally Posted by mharder View Post
    A 2nd rounder is not the deal that has been proposed. It was just me throwing out a high draft pick to show how incompetent I think the Raiders are.
    It would be nice if this were the case. I just find it odd that the Vikings would be willing to trade Sage, while Jackson has been tendered with a 3rd rounder and Favre hasn't decided if he's coming back or not. This QB situation is even worse than the Raiders.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM