Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Warming Up.

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 37,108, Level: 59
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MNCYWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spamville, MN
    Posts
    1,364
    Points
    37,108
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 84

    Warming Up.

    Looking at 70's in the forecast for Iowa all the way up into southern Minnesota next week. But... it also looks very windy, especially Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Dry until next Friday.

    Not looking good for that most snowfall for a winter record in DSM.

    Around my parts, looks like it will end up being the first March EVER without any snow...


    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 406,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,551
    Points
    406,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528

    Re: Warming Up.

    That is okay. We can wait for next year.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 421,479, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,607
    Points
    421,479
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 655
    Given: 321

    Re: Warming Up.

    No snow is just fine. Already anticipating a nice bill for going overbudget on snow removal from my HOA.



  4. #4
    st8
    Guest

    Re: Warming Up.

    why did this thread need to be started? for those that may be unaware that we have seasons that change from time to time? next time your thinking about starting a thread, just don't. seriously, the weather... and not even extreme weather such as flooding or blizzards, just "hey, it's getting warm out"?? I think I would rather see a dozen more "we should fire mac because he sucks" threads than another one about the weather



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 421,479, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,607
    Points
    421,479
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 655
    Given: 321

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    why did this thread need to be started? for those that may be unaware that we have seasons that change from time to time? next time your thinking about starting a thread, just don't. seriously, the weather... and not even extreme weather such as flooding or blizzards, just "hey, it's getting warm out"?? I think I would rather see a dozen more "we should fire mac because he sucks" threads than another one about the weather
    You just bumped a thread that wasnt even on the front page anymore. How about the next time you dont like a thread you dont read it, and definitely dont bump it back to the front page if its that bad.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,251, Level: 68
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,786
    Points
    49,251
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 13

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCYWX View Post
    Looking at 70's in the forecast for Iowa all the way up into southern Minnesota next week. But... it also looks very windy, especially Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Dry until next Friday.

    Not looking good for that most snowfall for a winter record in DSM.

    Around my parts, looks like it will end up being the first March EVER without any snow...
    Do you work at KEYC?



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 35,255, Level: 57
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    fccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest City
    Posts
    3,599
    Points
    35,255
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 533

    Re: Warming Up.

    70 and windy this week equals ground drying out enough that the golf course opens next Monday!!!! This thread contained important information, and was well deserving of being published



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 48,217, Level: 67
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    3,016
    Points
    48,217
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 19

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by fccy View Post
    70 and windy this week equals ground drying out enough that the golf course opens next Monday!!!! This thread contained important information, and was well deserving of being published
    Golf courses are already opened in Minneapolis!



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 37,108, Level: 59
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MNCYWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spamville, MN
    Posts
    1,364
    Points
    37,108
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 84

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    why did this thread need to be started? for those that may be unaware that we have seasons that change from time to time? next time your thinking about starting a thread, just don't. seriously, the weather... and not even extreme weather such as flooding or blizzards, just "hey, it's getting warm out"?? I think I would rather see a dozen more "we should fire mac because he sucks" threads than another one about the weather
    Wow... someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed....
    Do you work at KEYC?
    No.


    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ames/Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    why did this thread need to be started? for those that may be unaware that we have seasons that change from time to time? next time your thinking about starting a thread, just don't. seriously, the weather... and not even extreme weather such as flooding or blizzards, just "hey, it's getting warm out"?? I think I would rather see a dozen more "we should fire mac because he sucks" threads than another one about the weather
    Wow... you're from IC and you DON'T care about the weather?!?! Whoa man, did you miss the part about WARMING?!?! Watch out everyone!

    I for one, like weather threads and will add this in: On April first it's suppose to be 80 degrees in Ames!!! Are the weathermen pulling an April Fools on us?



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 39,863, Level: 61
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,038
    Points
    39,863
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 27

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by cycoOJfan89 View Post
    Wow... you're from IC and you DON'T care about the weather?!?! Whoa man, did you miss the part about WARMING?!?! Watch out everyone!

    I for one, like weather threads and will add this in: On April first it's suppose to be 80 degrees in Ames!!! Are the weathermen pulling an April Fools on us?
    Remember that in Ames, March came in like a lamb...



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 212,659, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,860
    Points
    212,659
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 403

    Re: Warming Up.

    You know what never really warmed up...McD's coaching career. Why is that guy still here?



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 421,479, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,607
    Points
    421,479
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 655
    Given: 321

    Re: Warming Up.

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    You know what never really warmed up...McD's coaching career. Why is that guy still here?
    Lol, now you've done it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM