Elite Eight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Elite Eight

  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 50,241, Level: 69
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    enisthemenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Runnells, IA
    Posts
    3,912
    Points
    50,241
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 232

    Elite Eight

    The elite eight consists of a 6, two 5's and a 2 seed from one side; a 3, a 2 and two 1 seeds on the other.

    Just looking at the two 1's left (Kentucky and DUKE), I thought it was interesting, so I looked back at the bracket.

    Is there any debate Duke is the 1 seed in the easiest bracket, even though it's debateable whether or not they deserved a 1?

    Look at the 3, 4, 5, 6 in Kentucky's bracket.

    Take it one step further, look at the conference taking up the 2 seeds in those brackets.

    Nefarious?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Elite Eight

    I think that was the common belief. Duke sure seemed to have the easiest route.

    Kentucky looks absolutely untouchable at this point though. They have really impressed me.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 22,636, Level: 46
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,914
    Points
    22,636
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 131

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by enisthemenace View Post
    The elite eight consists of a 6, two 5's and a 2 seed from one side; a 3, a 2 and two 1 seeds on the other.

    Just looking at the two 1's left (Kentucky and DUKE), I thought it was interesting, so I looked back at the bracket.

    Is there any debate Duke is the 1 seed in the easiest bracket, even though it's debateable whether or not they deserved a 1?

    Look at the 3, 4, 5, 6 in Kentucky's bracket.

    Take it one step further, look at the conference taking up the 2 seeds in those brackets.

    Nefarious?
    No we couldn't beat any of those teams either!



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 50,241, Level: 69
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    enisthemenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Runnells, IA
    Posts
    3,912
    Points
    50,241
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 232

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyededric View Post
    No we couldn't beat any of those teams either!
    We beat one of them, Big Guy.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 223,205, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,031
    Points
    223,205
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 390

    Re: Elite Eight

    Kansas was also the overall #1 seed, but seemed to have to hardest region.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Elite Eight

    How did this turn into an ISU debate? Were we in the tourney and I didn't know? Wait, was that OSU that lost to Tennessee tonight? Maybe it was ISU. I did see some red.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 22,636, Level: 46
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,914
    Points
    22,636
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 131

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by enisthemenace View Post
    We beat one of them, Big Guy.
    My bad. I'll never forget where i was the day we beat K-State in basketball.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyededric View Post
    My bad. I'll never forget where i was the day we beat K-State in basketball.
    I was at a wine tasting. *hangs head in shame*



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 22,636, Level: 46
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,914
    Points
    22,636
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 131

    Re: Elite Eight

    No. I just wanted to post on the topic. Because sooner or later there would have been a post that looked like this "with all the upsets, too bad we didn't sneak in. I think we could have won a few games. What do you guys think?"



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 272,156, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,709
    Points
    272,156
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 991

    Re: Elite Eight

    I found the draw Kansas got to be quite odd for the overall #1 seed. By far the most difficult region. Did anybody else find it odd that the only 2 teams to beat Kansas during the regular season both just accidentally found their way into the Jayhawks bracket? Interesting.

    Don't get me started on Duke. The NCAA gets hard whenever Duke is even mentioned. They got a much easier draw then they deserved and a better seed then they deserved. I hope Baylor drops the hammer on them.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Elite Eight

    I think Baylor could well be the most athletic team Duke has seen this year.



  12. #12
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Elite Eight

    Baylor should beat them in Houston.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 50,241, Level: 69
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    enisthemenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Runnells, IA
    Posts
    3,912
    Points
    50,241
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 232

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyededric View Post
    No. I just wanted to post on the topic. Because sooner or later there would have been a post that looked like this "with all the upsets, too bad we didn't sneak in. I think we could have won a few games. What do you guys think?"
    OK...stirring the pot. I get it. Not my intention, but I get it.

    It just looks to me the winningest program in the history of college basketball (Kentucky), who hasn't been relevant in the few years, and DUKE were given relative passes. The committee wanted one of them in the championship game.

    Even if they were to slip up, the Big East was put in position to replace them.

    I agree the #1 overall seed, Kansas, was given the toughest region. The other #1...Syracuse.

    Just appears to have been an agenda...

    My intention was to present my "conspiracy theory" and see what everyone else thought.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 50,241, Level: 69
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    enisthemenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Runnells, IA
    Posts
    3,912
    Points
    50,241
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 232

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I found the draw Kansas got to be quite odd for the overall #1 seed. By far the most difficult region. Did anybody else find it odd that the only 2 teams to beat Kansas during the regular season both just accidentally found their way into the Jayhawks bracket? Interesting.

    Don't get me started on Duke. The NCAA gets hard whenever Duke is even mentioned. They got a much easier draw then they deserved and a better seed then they deserved. I hope Baylor drops the hammer on them.
    I hear ya. I hope Baylor knocks their ***** in the dirt. I HATE dook.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 03-27-2010 at 01:10 AM.

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Elite Eight

    Quote Originally Posted by enisthemenace View Post
    OK...stirring the pot. I get it. Not my intention, but I get it.

    It just looks to me the winningest program in the history of college basketball (Kentucky), who hasn't been relevant in the few years, and DUKE were given relative passes. The committee wanted one of them in the championship game.

    Even if they were to slip up, the Big East was put in position to replace them.

    I agree the #1 overall seed, Kansas, was given the toughest region. The other #1...Syracuse.

    Just appears to have been an agenda...

    My intention was to present my "conspiracy theory" and see what everyone else thought.
    I dont have a problem with Kentucky's seed or their draw. The 2 seed in their bracket is the Big East tourney champ. And they played the best 12 seed in the tourney (Cornell was no 12 seed, lets be honest).



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM