City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 126
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 144,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,046
    Points
    144,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 309

    City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    So this morning I am leaving my office(downtown DM) to make a lunch meeting in Omaha. I see a large CHevy pickup(02612 I think can't remember now) with official City of Des Moines marking. I noticed the vehicle because it was moving pretty quickly and moved into my lane without a signal. I am looking at the back of the vehicle and did a double take as I saw a "hawkeye" license plate cover.

    I grab my phone at the stoplight, quickly google City of Des Moines and call the city operator. I ask for fleet services, and get the manager of fleet services(nice guy) and said "Hi, I am calling because I am a bit bothered by something on a vehicle I saw with City of Des Moines marking". I proceed to explain that I saw the Hawkeye plate cover on a CoD vehicle...he stops me and says "your a cyclone? I said "yeah, that isn't the..." he interupts and says "so am I'. TOld him that I would probably have called even if Cy was on the vehicle...just sends the wrong message. He asked for the vehicle number, and said it would be taken care of before lunch. He asked for my number to follow up with me to give me an update/final resolution. I told no need, he has plenty of other work...and I wasn't "mad".

    Kudos to the fleet service manager being so responsive(and a Clone)..but who would be dumb enough to do this with a marked work vehicle?

    jmb


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    You're the one who called my boss? You are such an *******! Now I don't have a job. Thanks a lot!



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,618, Level: 78
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,961
    Points
    64,618
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 144

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    ..but who would be dumb enough to do this with a marked work vehicle?

    jmb
    Someone way lower then management caliber that is certain!!!!



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 10,783, Level: 31
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HawkfromNorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norwalk via Marshalltown
    Posts
    380
    Points
    10,783
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Looking forward to complaining to HR about my cube neighbor on Monday about his Cy propaganda all over the place. It really sends the wrong message in the workplace...


    Watch it man there's a beverage here!

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 144,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,046
    Points
    144,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 309

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Looking forward to complaining to HR about my cube neighbor on Monday about his Cy propaganda all over the place. It really sends the wrong message in the workplace...
    are you really that dumb? please tell me you are joking. if you can't see the disconnect from a city vehicile and propaganda is really a loud comment on you. would it be cool if that guy put a MSU plate cover on a CITY vehicle?


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    I hope you it propaganda when you wear your ISU gear.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 144,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,046
    Points
    144,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 309

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Looking forward to complaining to HR about my cube neighbor on Monday about his Cy propaganda all over the place. It really sends the wrong message in the workplace...
    furthermore; policy(per fleet manager) does not allow for any type of advertising including athletic propaganda-so strict is the policy that they do not allow dealer stickers on vehicles.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 144,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,046
    Points
    144,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 309

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by cy1010 View Post
    I hope you it propaganda when you wear your ISU gear.
    ?


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 23,899, Level: 47
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    23,899
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    So this morning I am leaving my office(downtown DM) to make a lunch meeting in Omaha. I see a large CHevy pickup(02612 I think can't remember now) with official City of Des Moines marking. I noticed the vehicle because it was moving pretty quickly and moved into my lane without a signal. I am looking at the back of the vehicle and did a double take as I saw a "hawkeye" license plate cover.

    I grab my phone at the stoplight, quickly google City of Des Moines and call the city operator. I ask for fleet services, and get the manager of fleet services(nice guy) and said "Hi, I am calling because I am a bit bothered by something on a vehicle I saw with City of Des Moines marking". I proceed to explain that I saw the Hawkeye plate cover on a CoD vehicle...he stops me and says "your a cyclone? I said "yeah, that isn't the..." he interupts and says "so am I'. TOld him that I would probably have called even if Cy was on the vehicle...just sends the wrong message. He asked for the vehicle number, and said it would be taken care of before lunch. He asked for my number to follow up with me to give me an update/final resolution. I told no need, he has plenty of other work...and I wasn't "mad".

    Kudos to the fleet service manager being so responsive(and a Clone)..but who would be dumb enough to do this with a marked work vehicle?

    jmb
    No offense, but for something minor like that I would've told you to man up. I'm in a family full of Hawkeyes and work with many more. They don't whine about my Cyclone stuff and I don't whine about all their Hawkeye junk.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 10,783, Level: 31
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HawkfromNorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norwalk via Marshalltown
    Posts
    380
    Points
    10,783
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    furthermore; policy(per fleet manager) does not allow for any type of advertising including athletic propaganda-so strict is the policy that they do not allow dealer stickers on vehicles.
    I'm so sure you would of had the DOT on speed dial had it been a CY sticker, I don't care what you say. You would of rolled up next to the guy and started a "Cyclone Power" chant with him. Get over yourself.


    Watch it man there's a beverage here!

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    ?
    You called the license plate cover propoganda.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 143,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,247
    Points
    143,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 175

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by cytheguy View Post
    No offense, but for something minor like that I would've told you to man up. I'm in a family full of Hawkeyes and work with many more. They don't whine about my Cyclone stuff and I don't whine about all their Hawkeye junk.
    No offense but you don't get it. It's a city vehicle. Shouldn't have any logos on it.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 23,899, Level: 47
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    23,899
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    No offense but you don't get it. It's a city vehicle. Shouldn't have any logos on it.
    I'm just saying, if something minor like that gets you all worked up and makes you go through the trouble of looking up the city's number and calling to complain, you might want to toughen up a little.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 64,679, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,048
    Points
    64,679
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    No offense but you don't get it. It's a city vehicle. Shouldn't have any logos on it.
    It also shouldn't be speeding or failing to use a turn signal. Somehow that part of the incident wasn't relayed on to management.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 143,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,247
    Points
    143,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 175

    Re: City of Des Moines vehicle with hawk logo

    A
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    I'm so sure you would of had the DOT on speed dial had it been a CY sticker, I don't care what you say. You would of rolled up next to the guy and started a "Cyclone Power" chant with him. Get over yourself.
    Probably, but the point is they shouldnt have any advertising on a city vehicle



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM