Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Len Elmore is horrible

    I thought Len Elmore was horrible last night.

    Just one example from last night. A KSU post player lowered his shoulder and initiated contact with the Xavier defender that had established position. The defender went down, but the officials decided it was a flop and let the contact go.

    Len's opinion was that the officials should have called a foul on the Xavier player because the KSU player lost control of the ball and it resulted in a turnover. Hard to understand that type of logic.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 180,855, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,914
    Points
    180,855
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 108

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Is that the guy that kept saying "times out"? I'm not sure what the correct way to indicate more than one time out but that sounds funny.

    And yes, he sounded like a K-State homer.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 19,253, Level: 42
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CyFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    931
    Points
    19,253
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    I noticed that exact same play and thought Len was wrong too. KSU player lost control a dribble after the Xavier player went down. There was another play that he kept referring to before that where his logic was pretty weak, but I forget what it was. He mentioned it 3-4 times.

    Gus Johnson was good though.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 315,049, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,253
    Points
    315,049
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 1,094

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFever View Post
    I noticed that exact same play and thought Len was wrong too. KSU player lost control a dribble after the Xavier player went down. There was another play that he kept referring to before that where his logic was pretty weak, but I forget what it was. He mentioned it 3-4 times.

    Gus Johnson was good though.
    he kept going on and on and on and on about the foul that wasn't called just before the three shot foul that tied it at the end of regulation.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,505, Level: 61
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,025
    Points
    39,505
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 17

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    Is that the guy that kept saying "times out"? I'm not sure what the correct way to indicate more than one time out but that sounds funny.

    And yes, he sounded like a K-State homer.
    yes i was so tired of times out. its ******* time outs you idiot.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,182, Level: 64
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,518
    Points
    43,182
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 189

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by mt85 View Post
    I thought Len Elmore was horrible last night.

    Just one example from last night. A KSU post player lowered his shoulder and initiated contact with the Xavier defender that had established position. The defender went down, but the officials decided it was a flop and let the contact go.

    Len's opinion was that the officials should have called a foul on the Xavier player because the KSU player lost control of the ball and it resulted in a turnover. Hard to understand that type of logic.
    Wrong, he said it should've been either a charge or a block. His point was since the contact impacted the play that there should have been some foul called atleast.



  7. #7
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    If the official made the call that it wasn't a charge. Then he should have made a blocking call. There was contact and something should be called. It did cause the player to lose the ball. I am not college official , but I am high school official.

    In high school you can call a technical when a player flops intentionally trying to draw a charge. I have never called one for that. I just tell the player not to do it again or it could be technical. I think in college they just let it go, if the basket is made or doesn't influence the player to lose control of the ball.

    My thought on the play. He flopped he went down hard with not that much contact. If he would have stood his ground and the K State player moved him in a more convincing manner then I would have called the charge.

    Len Elmore was correct. He should have called the block.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 25,139, Level: 48
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,584
    Points
    25,139
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 86

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFever View Post
    I noticed that exact same play and thought Len was wrong too. KSU player lost control a dribble after the Xavier player went down. There was another play that he kept referring to before that where his logic was pretty weak, but I forget what it was. He mentioned it 3-4 times.

    Gus Johnson was good though.
    I disagree, Johnson was equally as bad, he kept spewing out the wrong stats and yelled way too much. He is starting to get old.


    Go Cyclones!!

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 132,856, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,353
    Points
    132,856
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    I disagree, Johnson was equally as bad, he kept spewing out the wrong stats and yelled way too much. He is starting to get old.
    Blasphemy!
    Dude, Gus Johnson is the best NCAA announcer...EVER.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 356,200, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,951
    Points
    356,200
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 43

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by jaws90us View Post
    If the official made the call that it wasn't a charge. Then he should have made a blocking call. There was contact and something should be called. It did cause the player to lose the ball. I am not college official , but I am high school official.

    In high school you can call a technical when a player flops intentionally trying to draw a charge. I have never called one for that. I just tell the player not to do it again or it could be technical. I think in college they just let it go, if the basket is made or doesn't influence the player to lose control of the ball.

    My thought on the play. He flopped he went down hard with not that much contact. If he would have stood his ground and the K State player moved him in a more convincing manner then I would have called the charge.

    Len Elmore was correct. He should have called the block.
    I hope you never officiate my games. The contact did not cause him to lose the ball. He hit him with his back side. He lost the ball because of other reasons. You absolutely cannot call a block there. A technical while cheap is more of a possibility that a block. There was contact made and it was initiated by the KSU player. Calling ab lock there would be terrible.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 356,200, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,951
    Points
    356,200
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 43

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    Wrong, he said it should've been either a charge or a block. His point was since the contact impacted the play that there should have been some foul called atleast.
    He said a block should have been called.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 48,199, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    sodakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    48,199
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    I disagree, Johnson was equally as bad, he kept spewing out the wrong stats and yelled way too much. He is starting to get old.
    FALSE.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Blasphemy!
    Dude, Gus Johnson is the best NCAA announcer...EVER.
    FACT.


    Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

    And thank you Stumpy for this:

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    Wrong, he said it should've been either a charge or a block. His point was since the contact impacted the play that there should have been some foul called atleast.
    Len was very clear on his opinion that the foul should have been called on the Xavier defender.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 29,565, Level: 52
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,508
    Points
    29,565
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by mt85 View Post
    I thought Len Elmore was horrible last night.

    Just one example from last night. A KSU post player lowered his shoulder and initiated contact with the Xavier defender that had established position. The defender went down, but the officials decided it was a flop and let the contact go.

    Len's opinion was that the officials should have called a foul on the Xavier player because the KSU player lost control of the ball and it resulted in a turnover. Hard to understand that type of logic.
    How many times did he go on about the guy's hand being hurt, and then saying that he must just have been tired.....


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Len Elmore is horrible

    I thought Len was bad. I also thought he sounded exactly like Clark Kellogg.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM