Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

does anyone feel bad for our players

I mean we dont have much coming back, diante garret wont be any different, Dendy is a solid defender but it wont be hard to stop him, just foul him put him on the line, Scotty love the heart but he's not a big 12 starting guard, who do we have?

I wonder if anyone gets sick of losing and it wont change next year we might win 6 games

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 656

Re: does anyone feel bad for our players

wanna place a bet on those 6 wins? I say 10+, can you put money behind your statement?

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by cybookie4 View Post
    I wonder if anyone gets sick of losing and it wont change next year we might win 6 games
    I've got $10,000 says you're wrong right here. Willing to take that bet?

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 14

cybookie4
    Did you forget about the mafia game you signed up for?
    The common decency of a PM would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Legend
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 1,206

I do. Especially when this is what we have representing themselves as "fans".

You pretend to post a thread feeling sorry for the players, just so you can slam them in turn.

Sad.

Edit: I should have quoted. My post is squarely directed at the OP...

By the way, I won't pad your credit total by responding to you again.

Last edited by VeloClone; 03-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 25

No i bet we win 2 games next year!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,525
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 64

I mean we dont have much coming back, diante garret wont be any different, Dendy is a solid defender but it wont be hard to stop him, just foul him put him on the line, Scotty love the heart but he's not a big 12 starting guard, who do we have?

Way to find another weak sauce excuse to start a new thread ******** about MBB.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 42

Oh, where should I start?

How about wins. I will take the over on 6 for $2,000

On Diante-I don't care if he is any different, he was good enough for us to win more games this year, probably 6 more.

On Dendy-You're wrong. He is not a solid defender. He makes great plays but he is sometimes slow to rotate and is not in good position. That should improve next year as he will have more experience in the Big 12.

On Scotty-Take a look at his last few games when he was healthy. I would say that is Big 12 caliber. I refuse to judge his future on a season in which he was sick a very large portion not to mention that this was his first season of playing significant D-1 ball. When he was healthy he was more than sufficient.

I'm not saying we will be good next year but there are some bright spots on this team. It is people like you who make this stuff a lot bigger than it is. You make next year look terrible and we don't even know who all will be on the team.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I feel sorry for the players because of crap like this.

DG greatly improved through out the year and in the last five games was pretty damn good. We don't beat KSU without his play. He can and will continue to improve and in case you missed it he was playing against two of the better guards in the country. He finished stronger, developed the 10-12 foot jumper, and he shot 35% from three up from 22% from last year.

Dendy also improved towards the end of the season. With his personal issues, Gma dieing and the subsequent time he missed due to poor communication, the last month was his only consistent time with practice and on the floor. If you didn't see improvement you are blind. Doubt people will go Shaquille defense on him. He has all off season to work on FT. But yeah, he can't improve.

Scotty didn't see regular minutes until he had mono so I am not sure how anyone can claim "he's not a big 12 starting guard." You really haven't seen him healthy and even as he got healthier, he still wasn't practicing. Even sick he played solid defense. But yeah, he couldn't play any better healthy and praciticing consistently.

Colvin was a true frosh who showed signs of being very, very good. I am guessing you think he won't improve either

Quite honestly this is the worst post I have seen on here in a long time and that is saying something considering the state of the program and the crazy things people have posted

"Not at the table Carlos."

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 18

im guessing he meant 6 big 12 wins, and if he didnt, ill take the over as well... if he was talking strictly big 12, then history is on his side.

Cyclone42

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    wanna place a bet on those 6 wins? I say 10+, can you put money behind your statement?
    Really, there isn't much of a difference between 6 wins and 11. Both puts us solidly in last place in the Big12, by a mile.

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

No, I do not feel bad. They are basically getting paid $50,000 to play a GAME. Outside of being a student it is all they should be focusing on. Well, IF and it's a big IF, they want to get better as a player. Some have put the time and effort into doing that in the past. A few. Not as many as are needed to put a better product on the floor.

NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 94

No it is their chance to step up and make something happen. It is their chance to step up and be team leaders. It is their chance to make a name for themself in the ISU history books and in the minds of fans.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Starter
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Sorry I don't really feel sorry for them.

College athletes go to school for a scholarship. Majority of them don't go pro in anything. They get a degree and go out to the workforce. They get a SCHOLARSHIP to play sports and represent a school. This is very similar to work studies or somebody getting a job to pay for school at the same time.

College athletics = job

So? Do you expect people to feel sorry for you at your job? I mean you picked your job and career, just like these players picked their school to play sports. If your job sucked day in and day out, maybe you should get another job.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson10 View Post
    No, I do not feel bad. They are basically getting paid $50,000 to play a GAME. Outside of being a student it is all they should be focusing on. Well, IF and it's a big IF, they want to get better as a player. Some have put the time and effort into doing that in the past. A few. Not as many as are needed to put a better product on the floor.
    It is a LOT more than $50,000. Tuition alone out of state is nearly $20,000 per year if I remember right, and that's only tuition. No housing, food, etc. They're getting more than double that. MBB players that don't live at Freddy get $500+ each month for housing (anything over the rate at Freddy they have to pay for). They're easily going into 6 digits.