Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 148

John Mayer Concert

Went to a John Mayer concert last Saturday (20th) in St. Louis. Tickets were a little steep, but IMO, an awesome show. Michael Franti and Spearhead was the opener. His song on the radio was his only "not awesome" song. The guy was all over the place and sang most of his set from out in the audience. He would pull people up on stage and dance with them and have them sing backup and stuff. It was really cool. Franti and Spearhead's show was pretty darn cool, not the visual stuff I'm used to with TOOL, NIN, Coldplay, Kanye (The last few show's I've been to), but musically, it was exactly what I was looking for.

John Mayer:

Setlist per his website

Heartbreak Warfare
    Why Georgia > Message in a Bottle
    Vultures
    Something's Missing
    Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
    Perfectly Lonely
    Assassin
    Wheel
    Daughters
    Crossroads
    Waiting on the World to Change
    Half of My Heart > Dreams
    No Such Thing

Encore:

Who Says
    Gravity

Again, exactly what I was looking for, musically. I didnt want to hear album versions of the songs and I certainly didnt. Mayer strung most of them out well past the 7-10 minute mark. I'm not a big fan of Assassin on the album, but what he did with it live was fantastic. My overall favorite were Heartbreak Warfare, Slow Dancing, Crossroads, and Half of My Heart. During Gravity, I swear my entire section lit up. We sat next to a couple that was probably in their mid to late 50's, after the song, the husband leaned to his wife and said, "when was the last time you smelled that stuff!?" It was pretty funny.

Now I need some opinions on something that happened. I payed a nice dollar for my tickets, had great seats, most of the people around me were cool...except this woman behind me. Probably in her mid 30s, came to the concert with one of her girlfriends, a bit intoxicated. They did not come to watch/listen to the concert, instead, they came to socialize about how their lives suck and boy drama. Now I would have been ok if they were keeping to themselves, but these women were talking over the music so they could hear each other. After about the 5th song by John Mayer, I turned around and politely asked one of them if they could either keep it down, or stop talking because they were being distracting to the show. I turned around to hear, "Are you ******* kidding me?....." and she just went off. The couple next to me on my right and the two women a few seats over from my left turned around and concurred with what I had already told this women. Well short story long, she kept swearing at me and calling me all sorts of wonderful names, I told her that if she didnt want to be quiet, I could find someone who could either move her or remove her. She continued on with the name calling and said, "I would like to see you try and make me shut up." I went and got security who told her to either shut up or get out. She gave a prompt, "this isnt the ******* movies". stayed for one more song and left.

Now was I out of line in saying something? I understand for a lot of people, concerts are a social gathering place. However, I like to enjoy my music, but more importantly, I like to listen to my music. I guess I either want to hear, "dude, you were out of line," or "I would have done the same". After the show, several people came up and thanked me.

To conclude: If you get the opportunity to see John Mayer, I would highly recommend it. Visually, the show wasnt much, but musically it was awesome. After seeing John Mayer play in person, I really feel he is one of the most talented musicians of his time.

All-Star
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 67

Re: John Mayer Concert

Did he talk about his racist weiner? I somewhat I like his music, but man what he said in playboy was flat out moronic.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Saw Michael Franti in Ames the monday after the Army game last fall. He is freakin awesome. Great energy and message.

@LeSchmick

XBox Live: Le Schmick

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Love John Mayer, and Michael Franti as well. Going to be attending Bonnaroo this summer, and Michael Franti is going to be there. I am really excited that he is going to be there. Main reason to go is for Dave Matthews Band though

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Prospect
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Was at the STL show as well. Amazing as always.

Starter Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Saw John at the Verizon Amphitheater in KC! Ben Folds opened for him, that was worth the price of the ticket alone! He tried to find the "brown note" on a little synthesizer and play it over the sound system! I still laugh about it to this day!

The Pride of Iowa State...

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I saw Mayer in Ames like 7 years ago and was really impressed with his guitar playing. I was dragged there by this girl who had tickets, and his show was much better than I thought it would be.