Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 300

ISU not important to EIU?

I hadn't been over to the Hawkeye football message boards(non smack talk)in a while and to my surprise the most talked about posts are about the Cyclones. Just a little sample of what's on the front page. 3 of the top 10 are about "little brother"

What's the status of Pollard's Extortion Scheme?

Little brother does it again (you mean the little brother that you can't stop talking about)

Well the billboard didn't work.......

Now if you go to the cyclone fanatic football board the only one on the page
    Ferentz vs. Chizik...who would you take?

hmmmm

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: ISU not important to EIU?

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    I hadn't been over to the Hawkeye football message boards(non smack talk)in a while and to my surprise the most talked about posts are about the Cyclones. Just a little sample of what's on the front page. 3 of the top 10 are about "little brother"

Little brother does it again (you mean the little brother that you can't stop talking about)

hmmmm

While I agree with what you are saying as far as their boards... I'd say at least 50% of the discussion on this board has been about EIU as of late. So this board is just as infatuated with the "other" team.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 14

Don't kid yourself. The Cyclone fanbase is just as fixated on them as they are on us.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 14

In fact, you just started a thread about Iowa fans' obsession with us. Define irony? :)

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by benjay View Post
    Don't kid yourself. The Cyclone fanbase is just as fixated on them as they are on us.
    Agreed. Any member of either side saying "We don't care about you" is lying.

Individuals may not care about the in-state rival, but as a fanbase - we're obsessed with one another.

Personally, I don't care for the obsession - yet it is what it is.

Rookie Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I don't think dmclone is argueing that we don't talk about EIU. His point is that they do talk about us and are concerend with what is going on over here. The annual game is thier superbowl, as indicatedd by rushing the field last year.

(Please Fanatics when we beat them in our house do not rush the field. Those goalpost will not come down and we need to act like we've done it before since we have.)

Cy Created by MC Doder

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

It'd help if we had baseball. It's dull in Cyclonetown right now.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post

hmmmm
    i noticed this yesterday too. no matter who says what, the Iowa State/Iowa game is equally important to both schools. that win or loss is important in deciding where you're playing in december or january.

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

There is no chance in hell the field won't be rushed if Chizik wins his first Cy-Hawk game.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by joskvig View Post
    There is no chance in hell the field won't be rushed if Chizik wins his first Cy-Hawk game.

Yeah I figured but it's worth a shot to try and inject a little extra class into our fanbase. It may be forgivable this year (new coach) but not after that.

Cy Created by MC Doder

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I think you're wrong about the rushing the field thing. Iowa is one of our biggest rivals and weather we are supposed to beat them or not aside, the rushing the field is all a part of the celebration of beating our state rival.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I can understand where you are coming from I just don't agree with it. I think you give EIU too much credit if you rush the field after beating them. I would run out there with you though if we kill Texas or Oklahoma at home. Storied programs with serious tradition. Beating them is a statement win. Beating EIU is a nice thing to do and is one more non-conference victory albeit the sweetest one on our non-conference schedule. I hate Iowa, I want ISU to dominate them, I don't want to give them any undue respect after we do beat them. That's all.

Cy Created by MC Doder

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by jparker22 View Post
    I want ISU to dominate them, I don't want to give them any undue respect after we do beat them. That's all.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by jparker22 View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from I just don't agree with it. I think you give EIU too much credit if you rush the field after beating them. I would run out there with you though if we kill Texas or Oklahoma at home. Storied programs with serious tradition. Beating them is a statement win. Beating EIU is a nice thing to do and is one more non-conference victory albeit the sweetest one on our non-conference schedule. I hate Iowa, I want ISU to dominate them, I don't want to give them any undue respect after we do beat them. That's all.
    Totally agree.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

ESPN.com - COLUMNIST/FORDE - Forde Minutes: Storm stories

TO STORM OR NOT TO STORM?

Within the last 10 days, those crazy college kids from Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Georgetown, St. John's and Tennessee have stormed the basketball court to celebrate big victories -- and for the chance to act like lunatics on TV. ("Look, Martha, there's our boy! Yes, the shirtless one with his face and torso painted, howling like a savage and jumping on that other child's back. ... Is that a whiskey flask in his back pocket?")

After watching all these giddy group gropes, it's high time to publish the Forde Minutes Court-Storming Protocol Guide. Students are advised to read the following rules and to act accordingly the next time their team agitates them to the edge of hoops ecstasy:

• The Old Money Principle (2): Look up at the ceiling of your gym and count the banners. If your school has won three or more national titles in its history, you shall not rush the floor at any time. Schools affected: UCLA (11 titles), Kentucky (seven), Indiana (five), North Carolina (four), Duke (three).

Your program has won big games before. Act like it.

The Old Money Principle clearly puts the Indiana student body in violation of The Forde Minutes' protocol. Especially when the vanquished team, Illinois, owns zero national titles of its own. How terribly tacky.

The Illini did not even qualify for a Minutes Protocol Exception (3), which states that if your august basketball program has hit the skids to a dispiriting degree (Indiana has missed the last two NCAA Tournaments), a storming is allowable under certain conditions:

Condition A (4): The opponent is ranked No. 1 and/or undefeated at least halfway through the season (14 or more games). Illinois was merely ranked fifth in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll and already had a loss on the season.

Condition B (5): Your august program defeats a top-five team on a suitably miraculous shot (25 feet or farther) at the buzzer, spurring spontaneous joy that overrides better impulses. (The Indiana-Illinois game went down to the wire, but it wasn't won at the buzzer on a prayer.)

Condition C (6): You are so intoxicated that you cannot remember the opponent's ranking, or how many titles your school has won. But be forewarned that The Minutes will not pay your bail if you're the lone trespasser on the court and wind up in cuffs.

Ashley Judd
    Is this enough to stop a Cats fan from offing himself?

Condition D (7): You see college hoops fan Ashley Judd (8) sitting at the other end of the court, and you know that the shortest distance to her is a straight line.

• The Upper-Middle Class Principle (8): If your school has won multiple national titles, you are generally discouraged from storming the court unless you have defeated one of the above blue bloods, and only at the last second. Schools affected: Kansas, Louisville, Oklahoma State, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Michigan State, Connecticut, North Carolina State.

However, stormings are allowable under the following conditions:

Ancient History Exception (9): If your national titles predate Texas Western's, you are free to storm the court for any dramatic win over a top-five team. Schools affected: Oklahoma State, San Francisco, Cincinnati.

Semi-Ancient History Exception (10): If your national titles predate the 3-point shot, you are free to storm the court for any dramatic win over a No. 1-ranked team. Schools affected: Louisville and North Carolina State; Kansas and Michigan State halfway (one title before the three, one after).

Current power Connecticut (two titles in the last seven years) is discouraged from rushing the court under any but the most extraordinary circumstances, such as beating the No. 1 team on an eyes-closed, left-handed hook shot from half court.

• The Middle Class Principle (11): If your program plays in a major conference, has some basketball heritage and takes itself fairly seriously, court stormings should be reserved for: upsetting a top five team; knocking off an unbeaten league rival of particular dislike; ending a period of extreme and elongated futility against an arch rival; clinching a conference championship.

Under this principle, Iowa is hereby indicted for its floor rush Tuesday night after beating No. 11 Indiana. (In fact, it's flatly inexcusable on any level, other than the boredom that January in Iowa City can precipitate.) Michigan is granted clemency under the elongated-futility-against-an-arch-rival clause. Georgetown, St. John's and Tennessee were all cleared for liftoff last Saturday.

Daniel Horton
    AP Photo/Paul Sancya
    Daniel Horton can celebrate; even the UM fans are exempt.

(Although The Minutes fully understands the Rocky Top rush, the SEC did not. It fined the Volunteers $5,000 for failing to keep the students off the floor, a violation of the league's sportsmanship policy. The Minutes fails to see the clear and present danger. This isn't football, where the fans mount heavy metal objects and send them crashing down upon the mob below. First time they tear down a basket stanchion, a fine will be in order. Not until then.)

• The Lower Class Principle (12): If your team plays in a mid-major or low-major league and manages to coax (or trick) a BCS-conference school into visiting and you win the game, a storming is allowed. Exceptions: Memphis, Gonzaga or any other school whose program is demonstrably larger than its conference profile. Also: beating a certifiably horrible BCS-conference school (Baylor, Arizona State, Purdue, South Florida or anyone with an RPI worse than 150) is not worth the effort.

The Bottom Feeder Principle (13): If you're North Dakota State, still on the D-I taxi squad, and you shock Wisconsin? Go crazy. Even if it's a road game. Break into the home gym and storm that sucker.

• The Morehead State Principle (14): The Eagles are 0-15 against NCAA competition. Any 8-0 run is justifiable incentive to rush the floor.