Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 41

Prepay or Short term wireless data plan

I am leaving with my son and dad tomorrow morning to head to Colorado to go skiing for a couple of days. We were wanting to watch some of the tourney games on the laptop while on the way out since there are virtually no TV stations in western Nebraska and Eastern Colorado.

Not real interested in getting a 2 year plan for one but didn't know if there was any sort of prepay or short term plans that anyone offered.

I could just end up paying the extra 15 bucks a month to use my Blackberry as a tether through verizon but would rather have a card that we can keep and turn off and on as needed.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,278
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 314

Re: Prepay or Short term wireless data plan

Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    I am leaving with my son and dad tomorrow morning to head to Colorado to go skiing for a couple of days. We were wanting to watch some of the tourney games on the laptop while on the way out since there are virtually no TV stations in western Nebraska and Eastern Colorado.

Not real interested in getting a 2 year plan for one but didn't know if there was any sort of prepay or short term plans that anyone offered.

I could just end up paying the extra 15 bucks a month to use my Blackberry as a tether through verizon but would rather have a card that we can keep and turn off and on as needed.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
    Good luck. I've been checking into the same thing for when we are on the road and not in a place where WiFi is available. All I've found are plans that charge $60/month with a two year agreement. We only need it occasionally. Sprint has lately disabled their tethering ability (it was an extra $10-15 per month) so that is out, although I gather from internet techies that there is a work-around for that.

Last edited by aauummm; 03-18-2010 at 10:58 AM.