Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 1

Outside the men's room: Now What?

Hey fellas, just my thoughts for the week. Post your shot at the trivia question here.

Outside the men?s room: Now what? | Cyclone Fanatic

Also, a couple of quick thought's I had on my morning commute...First, we've talked about the catch-22 with not supporting the program financialy to speed up Pollard's decision to change coaches but if you do that it makes making that decision more difficult to execute because of the lack of funds. Maybe the best solution is buying tickets if you want to buy them and just not going? I still believe coaching changes can be made without the fans completely bailing first.

Second, I think ISU could probably afford Mac's buyout. But I think it is similar to how I could afford to buy a $35K SUV. I could probably get the credit aproval and maybe even make payments for awhile, but it would kill me in every other area of my financial life.

I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Outside the men's room: Now What?

Quote Originally Posted by khaal53 View Post
    Hey fellas, just my thoughts for the week. Post your shot at the trivia question here.

Also, a couple of quick thought's I had on my morning commute...First, we've talked about the catch-22 with not supporting the program financialy to speed up Pollard's decision to change coaches but if you do that it makes making that decision more difficult to execute because of the lack of funds. Maybe the best solution is buying tickets if you want to buy them and just not going? I still believe coaching changes can be made without the fans completely bailing first.

Second, I think ISU could probably afford Mac's buyout. But I think it is similar to how I could afford to buy a $35K SUV. I could probably get the credit aproval and maybe even make payments for awhile, but it would kill me in every other area of my financial life.
    I guess the financial aspect really depends how the AD shares revenues between sports. I wonder if you could transfer your support from basketball to football, by buying tickets or whatnot, thus showing displeasure with b'ball while still supporting the football team. Or, and this is crazy I know, throw some support behind some of the other programs like wrestling or women's gymnastics.

That second part is something I've tried to get across. It's a tough situation when the status quo is a worse economic choice, but you don't have the cash flow to bite the bullet.

I think ISU can afford the buyout if they really, really wanted to. It's just that the price is not worth it in their mind right now.

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 114

We’re all going to be optimistic about that opportunity should it arise by remembering the 1999 Sweet Sixteen game in Cincinnati. One thing is for certain. Bill Fennelly will have an excellent game plan in place and if the ladies can make shots they could have a chance to pull it off. But first things first, they’ll have to deal with Lehigh first and likely a tough Virginia squad in the second round.
    I personally cannot wait to watch this game with UConn(given we advance to the Sweet 16). It will be interesting to see BF's demeanor in this game.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I just hope and pray that Lacey is going to be 100% healthy by the start of the tournament. I'm not sure there is a more important player to their team, men's or women's.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Question: If ISU makes it to the Sweet 16 and somehow upsets UCONN, would it be the biggest upset it sports history?

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,569
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know about biggest upset in sports history, but it would be bigger than the Notre Dame win over UCLA that ended their long streak (80 some games?). This UCONN team probably has a bigger gap between them and the next best team than that UCLA team did, and that game was a true road game for UCLA. Hopefully in 11 days we can have this debate.

Addict
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 110

Quote Originally Posted by cy1010 View Post
    Question: If ISU makes it to the Sweet 16 and somehow upsets UCONN, would it be the biggest upset it sports history?
    Let's not get carried away. Biggest win for the WBB program, sure. Sports history is, like, a billion orders of magnitude greater.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 884
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 2

WBB does not have the following to make it the biggest in the history of sports. I would think that it would be the biggest upset in WBB history though. A loss in the tourny is a much bigger deal than the regular season because UCONN is actually playing for something. If they drop a game in the regular season, it is a big win for some team but it really does not matter that much in the long run.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    Let's not get carried away. Biggest win for the WBB program, sure. Sports history is, like, a billion orders of magnitude greater.
    They've won 72 games in a row. We've never been to the final four. They could be the greatest women's team of all time. We didn't win our conference.

If you disagree, that's cool. At least give an example of a bigger upset and your reasons behind it though.

Pro
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 821
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 11

It can happen, but will it?
    It is a tough catch-22. I sure hope Pollard doesnt take advantage of us fans and our loyalty by retaining GMAc as long as we keep buying tickets.
    I want to buy season tickets AND have a coaching change. Why cant I have both?!
    I love Pollard for making the practice facility a reality. (that was one of my "causes" for years). But i will lose some respect if he forces us fans to begin a boycott. I just want to be competitive. Thats not too much to ask......

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man"

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 89

They've won 72 games in a row. We've never been to the final four. They could be the greatest women's team of all time. We didn't win our conference.

If you disagree, that's cool. At least give an example of a bigger upset and your reasons behind it though.
    You know, I don't think the biggest in history. IN the end it is still womens basketball and it will never get that credit no matter what the people close to womens basketball think. I would, however consider it the biggest college basketball upset. UCONN hasn't lost in almost two year and basically people have us in a contest to get to the sweet sixteen and other teams in their own little competition. What I mean is you are presumed to only be able to go as far as where you meet UCONN. I don't think it is so much where we are live it was for Jimmy V's team but I think it is rather where they are. They are just so much better than everyone. I cannot think of a college basketball upset this big.

I still say The Miracle on Ice was bigger but because of the same reason, not where we were but how unbeatable the Soviets were supposed to be.

It's all snark from here on out

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 16

Do you believe in miracles? Lake Placid Olympic Hockey 1980... there is my vote.

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,569
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyhart View Post
    It can happen, but will it?
    It is a tough catch-22. I sure hope Pollard doesnt take advatage of us fans and our loyalty by retaining GMAc as long as we keep buying tickets.
    I want to buy season tickets AND have a coaching change. Why cant I have both?!
    I love Pollard for making the practice facility a reality. (that was one of my "causes" for years). But i will lose some respect if he forces us fans to begin a boycott. I just want to be competitive. Thats not too much to ask......
    We'll see...I really think that Pollard just thinks Mac is the right guy and he believes that.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 793
    Given: 691

The ISU-UCONN game will be blowout city. Good experience for the Sisters though.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

We'll see...I really think that Pollard just thinks Mac is the right guy and he believes that.
    That was his first big hire, right? Or at least, his first big hire who is still here, since Sanderson is gone.

This happens quite often, with AD's being married to the idea that their first big hire has to be the guy. Usually, that idea doesn't change even after a coaching change has been forced on them. Key word, FORCED.