Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 19,993, Level: 43
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wheels686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,192
    Points
    19,993
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    They are working on writing the ****** for the 3rd installment of the batman series and by the sounds of it they are going to conclude the series and not leave it open like all the other comic book movies. They are also working on the new superman series and trying to revitalize it. Hopefully for batman they can add the Riddler and johnny depp could create a great version of the character like ledger did for the joker. I suggest reading it all it has some good info in the article.

    Batman 3 News Nolan Fans



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Just as long as Johnny Depp doesn't go crazy after the movie...wait...he has already done that at least once.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 206,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,445
    Points
    206,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 226

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    I think, and kind of hope, that they won't end up casting Johnny Depp in the new Batman movie. It seems a little too obvious because everybody and their mom has been throwing out "Johnny Depp as the Riddler" since The Dark Knight came out. Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul as villians in the first movie was not an obvious choice. Heath Ledger as Joker was not an obvious choice. I just think Nolan's got something a little more interesting up his sleeve. I like Depp as much as the next guy, but it gets old watching every director fall over themselves to cast him in any quirky role.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 114,056, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,928
    Points
    114,056
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 41

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    I absolutely HATE Johnny Depp. So I am strongly opposed to that



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I think, and kind of hope, that they won't end up casting Johnny Depp in the new Batman movie. It seems a little too obvious because everybody and their mom has been throwing out "Johnny Depp as the Riddler" since The Dark Knight came out. Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul as villians in the first movie was not an obvious choice. Heath Ledger as Joker was not an obvious choice. I just think Nolan's got something a little more interesting up his sleeve. I like Depp as much as the next guy, but it gets old watching every director fall over themselves to cast him in any quirky role.
    He's so good at them though. I just don't want to see the movie and say "Depp would have done better." The problem is no one will top Ledgers performance. That performance was ridiculous good. I also saw there will be a movie with both of those guys in it coming out here pretty quick.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 206,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,445
    Points
    206,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 226

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    He's so good at them though. I just don't want to see the movie and say "Depp would have done better." The problem is no one will top Ledgers performance. That performance was ridiculous good. I also saw there will be a movie with both of those guys in it coming out here pretty quick.
    I know he is, although I almost feel like he's just relying on being weird and quirky now.

    The Ledger thing is a good point though. That's another reason why I would rather see him go a different direction. Everyone that wants to see Depp be The Riddler wants to see it because they think it will be like Ledger being The Joker. That's a recipe for disappointment.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 19,993, Level: 43
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wheels686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,192
    Points
    19,993
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    I just think depp could do things with the character other might not be able to do. I was greatly surprised with ledgers performance and even though there are alot of people who apparently dont like him they got to look at what he could bring to this role. Im just really happy that they are writing the third one.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 65,877, Level: 79
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,129
    Points
    65,877
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 40

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Philip Seymour Hoffman as the pengiun would be great.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 166,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,332
    Points
    166,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 852

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    I heard the Superman they might do will pit him against Braniac. Sounds good to me!


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 206,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,445
    Points
    206,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 226

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels686 View Post
    I just think depp could do things with the character other might not be able to do. I was greatly surprised with ledgers performance and even though there are alot of people who apparently dont like him they got to look at what he could bring to this role. Im just really happy that they are writing the third one.
    That's assuming they are using the Riddler for the movie. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them not use any traditional Batman villians, especially if they are going to treat this as the wrap-up to a trilogy. The first two were good enough to buy them that sort of creative leeway and I think they'll look at what happeneed with Spider-man 3 and try to avoid shoe-horning villians in at all costs. Just like that movie they've got some major plot threads to reconcile that wouldn't even involve a new bad guy.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    I heard the Superman they might do will pit him against Braniac. Sounds good to me!
    That is exactly what Kevin Smith wanted to do when he wrote his screenplay. Go online sometime and read it. Go to Youtube and find Kevin Smith telling the story of how he didn't get the job.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 385,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,593
    Points
    385,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 412
    Given: 283

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    I absolutely HATE Johnny Depp. So I am strongly opposed to that

    How can you hate Johnny Depp? Did he kick your dog or say bad things about your momma?



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 39,740, Level: 61
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights
    Posts
    2,046
    Points
    39,740
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 16

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    That's assuming they are using the Riddler for the movie. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them not use any traditional Batman villians, especially if they are going to treat this as the wrap-up to a trilogy. The first two were good enough to buy them that sort of creative leeway and I think they'll look at what happeneed with Spider-man 3 and try to avoid shoe-horning villians in at all costs. Just like that movie they've got some major plot threads to reconcile that wouldn't even involve a new bad guy.
    I think this is probably accurate. The way the Dark Knight ended, Batman is the biggest villains left free in Gotham City as he took the fall for killing Harvey Dent. The most interesting thing is that they are talking about wrapping it up, which to me means 1 thing - Batman or Bruce Wayne will die.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 206,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,445
    Points
    206,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 226

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    I think this is probably accurate. The way the Dark Knight ended, Batman is the biggest villains left free in Gotham City as he took the fall for killing Harvey Dent. The most interesting thing is that they are talking about wrapping it up, which to me means 1 thing - Batman or Bruce Wayne will die.
    That would be about the only way to insure that Warner Bros. didn't continue the current series with or without Nolan. I'm sure they'd reboot again a few years down the road, but at least that particular trilogy would be guaranteed to stand alone.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 93,910, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,657
    Points
    93,910
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 38

    Re: ***Good News for Batman 3*** and Superman sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    I absolutely HATE Johnny Depp. So I am strongly opposed to that
    He is definitely a big time weirdo, and I can't say that I would enjoy hanging out with a guy like him, but he is a pretty darn good actor, IMO. One of the best out there.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM