Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 185

Met Chizik, attended practice tonight.

My wife and i recently started donating our time to a charity recently, anyway, tonight that charity gave us the opportunity to tour the Jacobson building, includingthe weight room, the newly updated locker room, training room etc.

It started off with a short message from coach Chizik. He said some nice things about the charity, joked around with the kids, and just the normal "great to see ya". He took time to have pictures taken and signed autographs. He seemed very personable and made sure to have a hand shake and short message with everyone there.

The practice, they didnt let us take pictures inside the practice facility(sorry, id post em if they wouldve), but a lot inside the locker/weight rooms, hallways. There were only a handful that sat out of practice, although they still had to work on the sidelines, Carper, Alburtis, Walker are the names that i remember right now. I never saw a McCarney practice, so i dont know how to judge it.

Sorry i dont have any real news from it. Scales didnt look like he ran full speed when i saw him though. Sumrall really looked good on punt returns and avoiding open field tackle drills. Brandtner was booming most punts off the roof. I cant wait to see Arnaud get some time, he looked good.

Well I thought it was a pretty sweet night. Its not everyday you get to tour your favorite schools ath dept. talk with the new hot football coach, and watch a closed practice.

#BEATIOWA

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

Re: Met Chizik, attended practice tonight.

Sounds pretty cool. Your night topped mine, that's for sure.

All-Star
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 944
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

If you can describe it, I'm interested in what the locker room is like. For some schools, a locker room is more than a locker room, its a statement of value to recruits and players.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 185

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    If you can describe it, I'm interested in what the locker room is like. For some schools, a locker room is more than a locker room, its a statement of value to recruits and players.
    Well, its pretty much like what wou might see in any football interview of a player at his locker after a game. They are made of a light colored wood, about 3-4 feet wide, with no doors. They line the walls with some more down the middle of one half of the room. They have several blue leather couches with Cyclone logos on them, we were told they take a lot of naps there. One large flat screen in the middle, about 50 or so inches. Two smaller flat screens flank them. The shape of the room is like a rectangle. Several large dry erase boards with plays and assignments on them.
    We werent in there too long since a group of players came in to change for practice while we were there, and women and children were present.
    Hope that helps a lil.

#BEATIOWA