SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 144,679, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,048
    Points
    144,679
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 311

    SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 222,660, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,523
    Points
    222,660
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 475

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Why does everyone dislike Matt Perrault so much. I think he does a pretty good job. I think some people just hate everyone on the radio. Also why does this guy care so much about Perrault that he has a webpage pretty much dedicated to him. That is boarderline creapy.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,459, Level: 74
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,693
    Points
    57,459
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 28

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    That blog is practically incoherent, and the first 6 or so quotes were pretty lame. I didn't read past that.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 144,679, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,048
    Points
    144,679
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 311

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Why does everyone dislike Matt Perrault so much. I think he does a pretty good job. I think some people just hate everyone on the radio. Also why does this guy care so much about Perrault that he has a webpage pretty much dedicated to him. That is boarderline creapy.
    NOT sure why that guy hates him so...but it is comical that he ticked someone off that much. Not sure what happened here but I am not sure even Marty has that committed of a hater.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 37,662, Level: 59
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    rdubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    2,765
    Points
    37,662
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Why does everyone dislike Matt Perrault so much. I think he does a pretty good job. I think some people just hate everyone on the radio. Also why does this guy care so much about Perrault that he has a webpage pretty much dedicated to him. That is boarderline creapy.



  6. #6
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Matt Perrault isn't a bad guy at all. If you don't agree with what he says, big deal. His job is to give his opinion. He's not supposed to please everybody. Trust me, I know first hand. I disagree with him all of the time but that's no reason for me to dislike him. The author of that blog needs to get a life. The fact that he'd put so much time into hating another person should tell you a lot. Just my opinion.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,459, Level: 74
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,693
    Points
    57,459
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 28

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Well he could have at least condensed it to actual damning quotes (if there are any). It would have built a stronger case against Perrault and made the author look less obsessive. Either way, the author should seek help.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,465, Level: 74
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,658
    Points
    58,465
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 188

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    What I want to know is why can't a Cyclone die hard fan get on the radio in this town? I like Chris's fill-in jobs, but it's hard to not have a full time guy.



  9. #9
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    What I want to know is why can't a Cyclone die hard fan get on the radio in this town? I like Chris's fill-in jobs, but it's hard to not have a full time guy.
    Feel free to keep nominating me any time you'd like



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 37,662, Level: 59
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    rdubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    2,765
    Points
    37,662
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Matt Perrault isn't a bad guy at all. If you don't agree with what he says, big deal. His job is to give his opinion. He's not supposed to please everybody. Trust me, I know first hand. I disagree with him all of the time but that's no reason for me to dislike him. The author of that blog needs to get a life. The fact that he'd put so much time into hating another person should tell you a lot. Just my opinion.
    Welcome to life in the public eye.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 144,679, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,048
    Points
    144,679
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 311

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rdubbs View Post
    Welcome to life in the public eye.
    I think it is funny you post that when you have your sig line as it is.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    I don't hate him, I just think he is an idiot.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 37,662, Level: 59
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    rdubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    2,765
    Points
    37,662
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I think it is funny you post that when you have your sig line as it is.
    Don't hate the sig.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 90,446, Level: 93
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 804
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CylentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Posts
    3,402
    Points
    90,446
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    I rip on Matt just as much as any other guy, but I don't hate him. For the most part, him and Ken do a fine show, despite some truly boneheaded moments. This site is ridiculous and pointless really. Where exactly does he display this "damning" information?


    "Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

    -Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 348,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,618
    Points
    348,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 746
    Given: 93

    Re: SportsTalkMatt in his own words!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Matt Perrault isn't a bad guy at all. If you don't agree with what he says, big deal. His job is to give his opinion. He's not supposed to please everybody. Trust me, I know first hand. I disagree with him all of the time but that's no reason for me to dislike him. The author of that blog needs to get a life. The fact that he'd put so much time into hating another person should tell you a lot. Just my opinion.
    Oh good, so it's not you.

    I kid.

    The only real big problem I had with Matt is the email incident where he took that email and threw a whole meaning behind it that was not actually there. That, I had a problem with. I especially had a problem with it because a lot of his listeners may no have actually read it and he totally misrepresented it. That was my only beef. Of course, it will take a little more than that for me to start a site like that. That dude doesn't have enough to worry about.


    It's all snark from here on out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM