Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 826,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    58,132
    Points
    826,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,604
    Given: 3,800

    Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    According to message board chatter, Auburn is looking at Missouri coach Mike Anderson. Evidently, he was high on their list of candidates before they hired Lebo.



  2. #2
    Publisher
    Points: 989,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    18,319
    Points
    989,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,410
    Given: 695

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    According to message board chatter, Auburn is looking at Missouri coach Mike Anderson. Evidently, he was high on their list of candidates before they hired Lebo.
    He was also a hot name with the Alabama job last year. I'm sure that this talk will continue but will be surprised if he makes that sort of a move.



  3. #3
    Mariner Moose
    Points: 69,015, Level: 81
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    3,829
    Points
    69,015
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 541
    Given: 616

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Seems like that would be a lateral move at best, a slight downward step at worst. I don't see him taking that.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 945,062, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    64,768
    Points
    945,062
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,156
    Given: 6,966

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Quote Originally Posted by no2cyclones View Post
    Seems like that would be a lateral move at best, a slight downward step at worst. I don't see him taking that.
    I don't think it's a slight step downward. He'd be leaving a nice deal where he's building a good program (it seems) for something that hasn't been much for quite a while.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #5
    Publisher
    Points: 989,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    18,319
    Points
    989,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,410
    Given: 695

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    I believe that Anderson is from Alabama so it is natural that his name would come up.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 945,062, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    64,768
    Points
    945,062
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,156
    Given: 6,966

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I believe that Anderson is from Alabama so it is natural that his name would come up.
    Touche. He has a gift for living in backwards states.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 21,149, Level: 44
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    becrisgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    908
    Points
    21,149
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 83

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    I think he is a good candidate. He is from the state and appears to have his name out there for other jobs, so maybe not all that happy in Columbia. Auburn will have $ to throw at him if they want. Just need to decide if they want to invest in BB.

    Tradition wise a step back, but it is still an SEC job. SEC seems stable, all of the talks about conference expansion (Big 10, Pac 10) always seem to have Big XII schools attached. How stable is the conference?

    One thing to keep in mind that hiring Mike Anderson would help in the PR game for the people who were upset that Chizik was hired over Turner Gill. May make Auburn through a little more $ into the equation. Not to mention that I want to hate the Missouri coach to go along with their fan bases. I respect Anderson and the level of effort he gets out of his guys. A lot harder to dislike than Quinn and Norm.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 459,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,856
    Points
    459,067
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,199
    Given: 1,954

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Auburn needs to make a move since they are only a 15 win team.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,140, Level: 60
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 910
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    drmwevr08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,594
    Points
    38,140
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 20

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Auburn needs to make a move since they are only a 15 win team.


    hmmmm...



    Nothing to see here mods. Keep moving.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 287,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    18,352
    Points
    287,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 503
    Given: 449

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    They will have to "buy" him away from Mizzou.

    Less tradition, worse conference (for BBall), FB school bigtime.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 150,239, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,361
    Points
    150,239
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 507

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    They will have to "buy" him away from Mizzou.

    Less tradition, worse conference (for BBall), FB school bigtime.
    your forgot:
    Signed
    Steve Alford


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 45,823, Level: 66
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,127
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    TheHelgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,965
    Points
    45,823
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 200

    Re: Auburn looking at Mike Anderson?

    Quote Originally Posted by becrisgreg View Post
    I think he is a good candidate. He is from the state and appears to have his name out there for other jobs, so maybe not all that happy in Columbia. Auburn will have $ to throw at him if they want. Just need to decide if they want to invest in BB.

    Tradition wise a step back, but it is still an SEC job. SEC seems stable, all of the talks about conference expansion (Big 10, Pac 10) always seem to have Big XII schools attached. How stable is the conference?

    One thing to keep in mind that hiring Mike Anderson would help in the PR game for the people who were upset that Chizik was hired over Turner Gill. May make Auburn through a little more $ into the equation. Not to mention that I want to hate the Missouri coach to go along with their fan bases. I respect Anderson and the level of effort he gets out of his guys. A lot harder to dislike than Quinn and Norm.
    He turned down Alabama last year and signed a lucrative extension, so I don't think he is unhappy in Columbia.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM