Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

For those with inside info

People have hinted at other reasons for Ham leaving. Do these reasons paint Mcdermott in a very poor light?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 156

Re: For those with inside info

Insiders? Which insiders? They all quit already.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    Insiders? Which insiders? They all quit already.
    If you read CF enough you'd know everyone here is an insider and knows exactly what is going on and what is the best thing to do

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by clone34 View Post
    People have hinted at other reasons for Ham leaving. Do these reasons paint Mcdermott in a very poor light?
    Hamilton played this season with a sports hernia. Busted his *** every step of the way from my perspective. And then you got a guy like Dendy who is allowed to miss significant time with virtually no repercussions. I'd be a little irked if I was him. Throw in the fact that most everyone else on team thought they had to impress the NBA each and every second, I imagine Ham didn't see any reason to keep putting the team above himself.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone06 View Post
    Hamilton played this season with a sports hernia. Busted his *** every step of the way from my perspective. And then you got a guy like Dendy who is allowed to miss significant time with virtually no repercussions. I'd be a little irked if I was him. Throw in the fact that most everyone else on team thought they had to impress the NBA each and every second, I imagine Ham didn't see any reason to keep putting the team above himself.
    Dumb. Dendy and Ham are completely different athletes. They played when the matchups were in their favor - nothing more, nothing less.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Dumb. Dendy and Ham are completely different athletes. They played when the matchups were in their favor - nothing more, nothing less.
    I agree with that, but I think Hamilton could have been well served to get a week off during conference play to see his family. If he was that hoemsick he should have just up and did it. Wouldn't have missed anytime when he returned.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

i think you missed the point. the point was that there was no discipline on the team and a lot of selfishness that was never disciplined. i noticed this the entire season as well. i think this also holds true for both ham and buckley. you can't really respect the system if you're not respected. there were so many games buckley outperformed colvin and sometimes garrett, yet he would see very little time the second half. while other players had free range to shoot terrible contested fadeaways, drive uncontrollably, and still had constant playing time. gmac needed to discipline the players when they made bad decisions repeatedly, yet he thought that the players were doing him favors by staying, not going to the nba, etc. and therefore deserved guaranteed time.

i would not want to play on a team where my team contributions were not valued.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 156

Well, McD never learned from WJ. Maybe WJ was wrong, but that should have been a learning experience for Mac as to how to deal with youngsters

Starter
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by buckleyfan View Post
    i think you missed the point. the point was that there was no discipline on the team and a lot of selfishness that was never disciplined. i noticed this the entire season as well. i think this also holds true for both ham and buckley. you can't really respect the system if you're not respected. there were so many games buckley outperformed colvin and sometimes garrett, yet he would see very little time the second half. while other players had free range to shoot terrible contested fadeaways, drive uncontrollably, and still had constant playing time. gmac needed to discipline the players when they made bad decisions repeatedly, yet he thought that the players were doing him favors by staying, not going to the nba, etc. and therefore deserved guaranteed time.

Completely agree.

Starter
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

This from a outsider. Brakins takes 16-25 shots a game, makes 35%, Ham only gets to shoot when he snares a rebound but makes 60% Did they ever try a play where Ham get a chance to shoot? Maybe once a game. Ham worked his butt off all year, is completely ignored by the phony PG and gets to watch selfish play by the big shots. Homesick had nothing to do with it. I don't blame him for seeking greener pasture. I'm sure his Dad watched a few games on full court and started the ball rolling toward Utah, Utah State or BYU way back in Feb.
    By the way, as an old, experienced , patient Cyclone, I was with the GMcD team until the second Missouri game. No More!

Last edited by Oldgeezer; 03-13-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 92

Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    Well, McD never learned from WJ. Maybe WJ was wrong, but that should have been a learning experience for Mac as to how to deal with youngsters
    Or perhaps this change in attitude is what is causing problems. He thought he was too hard on WJ so he changed and now he is soft and it may not be fair to the guys who require no discipline.

It's all snark from here on out

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Or perhaps this change in attitude is what is causing problems. He thought he was too hard on WJ so he changed and now he is soft and it may not be fair to the guys who require no discipline.
    I think this is the case. I never saw Gmac yank certain players and try to get their bad habits straightened out. How many times did MG charge into someone who had been set for like 5 seconds or how many times did he try to do too much dribbling and lose the ball or have it stolen? Don't remember Gmac ever trying to get that corrected.
    It seemed to me that when we were unselfish and passed the ball around we were a pretty decent team. When we ran into a tough stretch though, players started just trying to go one on one and do too much on their own. We forgot how to play as a team when the games got tough.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 608

Quote Originally Posted by buckleyfan View Post

Greg probably made a mistake redshirting his two newbies because Lucca and Pomlee and Booze meant he could not fully suspend CC and Dendy and had to play along with them. At the same time, we did have two other players auditioning. He needed more players to utilize and he failed in that decision. Someone said BuBu might be our best guard. Frankly, we needed him this year as much as next year. The n we could have done more on the disciplinary plane.

Last edited by Wesley; 03-13-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 303

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Ge probably made a mistake redshirting his two newbies because Lucca and Pomlee and Booze meant he could not fully suspend CC and Dendy and had to play along with them. At the same time, we did have two other players auditioning. He needed more players to utilize and he failed in that decision. Someone said BuBu might be our best guard. Frankly, we needed him this year as much as next year. The n we could have done more on the disciplinary plane.
    I'm sorry, but there is no possible freaking way that Bubu Palo was our best guard. Believing that is insanity. Believing he was one of our top 3 guards.... is insanity.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 10

Take the blinders off of lost hope. Got an extra eye of reality for ya.