Given: 3

All charges dropped against Duke Lax players

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: All charges dropped against Duke Lax players

Finally, that whole case was rediculous and none of the players were ever going to get charged! The district attorney will finally lose his job and will never be respected again. I'm sorry but many of my classes have been watching this case and there it was never going to stand nor get a conviction on what evidence had been presented...

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

It's too bad that the dirtbag DA doesn't have to face criminal charges. I'd love to see that scumbag in prison. Dirty cops and DAs should be sent to prison with mandatory time done in General Population. No solitary or protective custody allowed. And then, whatever happens, happens...

Walk On
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I know I am just some Iowa State Fan, but as an American I DEMAND a public apology from the Reverend Jesse Jackson for his actions during the early stages of this case.

I am SO sick and tired of the race card being played by the likes of him and Al Sparpton. They demanded an apology and then the firing of Don Imus last week. There is such a double standard in this country, Reverse Discrimination is now the norm rather than the exception. The DA Mike Nifong was only concerned with political posturing in a predominately black area looking toward reelection. He is going to face ethics charges and the possibilty of being disbarred.

In addition to Reverend Sharpton, the NY Times and 88 Duke University Professors who took out a full page ad to vilify these 3 young men also need a public apology. How would you like to go to class with the knowledge that your professor thinks you are a rapist based on a false police report?

When I told the folks back home I was going to Auchtermuchty, they said "Wear the Fox Hat"

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,327
    Given: 925

Yeah, I really feel bad for those LAX players. It doesn't matter that they've been acquited, they're always going to be associated with this scandal and their reputations may never be the same. I know I've been big on quoting movies on this site, but something from "The Life Of David Gale" is quite appropriate in this situation, and this movie has always been a big sticking point to me. The quote is "...The accusation of rape is as good as an conviction." Rape is one of the few situations where the legal system is upside down - with rape you're guilty until proven innocent. I know rape is a terrible thing and women are the real victims of this horrible crime, but SOME ill-intending women can have some extreme power with this because women will always be the first to be believed when it comes to rape. Unfortunately, men raping women make iteasy for this to be so.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 796

Quote Originally Posted by VII_Fe View Post
    I know I am just some Iowa State Fan, but as an American I DEMAND a public apology from the Reverend Jesse Jackson for his actions during the early stages of this case.
    Don't even get me started with that *** clown. He too busy trying to get his face on tv somewhere. He's probably mad the the Rutgers/ Imus thing is starting to lose steam and now has to look for something else to jump on.

The world will be a better place whenever he decides to just stay at home.

Pro
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 45

Quote Originally Posted by VII_Fe View Post
    and 88 Duke University Professors who took out a full page ad to vilify these 3 young men also need a public apology. How would you like to go to class with the knowledge that your professor thinks you are a rapist based on a false police report?
    This is probably what angers me the most.
    1. Innocent until proven guilty? NOT.
    2. 88 professors at a distinguished private college. Distinguished?
    3. AMAZING coach at an AMAZING lax program resigns under the pressure of his peers and the media. A career setback for him that he might not recover from. I hope the 88 are happy.