Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

WBB tourney thoughts

1. The Iowa State crowd was excellent.

2. Riley sure can shoot (can't make many, but sure shoots). She is not a team player.

3. I see where Riley gets her attitude. Her mom was very annoying.

4. Municipal is still a dump.

5. Okie St will lose without Riley in the first round of the NCAA tourney if they draw any kind of decent team.

6. Maybe it was just the ones I saw, but the Nebraska fans sure seemed like a smug bunch for only being good for a short amount of time.

7. GO NEBRASKA AND OKLAHOMA!!

Prospect
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

A question for you

ISU-Rev - you have been around the women's game for many years. What is your take on this year's Lady Cyclones compared to both Oklahoma and Nebraska? I have been following the team pretty much every game, but have not seen a game this year. My thought is we are better than both with Lacey on the court, but what is your opinion?

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 6

Re: WBB tourney thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_REV View Post
    1. The Iowa State crowd was excellent.

2. Riley sure can shoot (can't make many, but sure shoots). She is not a team player.

3. I see where Riley gets her attitude. Her mom was very annoying.

4. Municipal is still a dump.

5. Okie St will lose without Riley in the first round of the NCAA tourney if they draw any kind of decent team.

6. Maybe it was just the ones I saw, but the Nebraska fans sure seemed like a smug bunch for only being good for a short amount of time.

7. GO NEBRASKA AND OKLAHOMA!!
    8. I was sitting down next to the tunnel, where they Baylor and OU players were standing waiting for the game to get over. While the OU girls didn't seem to take sides, the Baylor girls were definitely rooting foor OSU. May have been because of all the Cyclone fans around, or they a just still stinging from that embarrassing loss in Ames. Regardless it left me cheering for OU in their game.

9. I couldn't decide which player in the conference gets the most calls, Griner or Riley. After watching their games from my vantage point, it is definitely Riley. Griner really does take some shots down underneath. Riley has the move down of starting her shot then moving into the defender to draw the foul.

1o. I could not for the life of me figure out why our posts did not get a hand up on Riley's short jumpers, or why they did not jump the obvious screen on Stuckey? Was it just her quickness, or was it BF's instruction? It just seemed like when you could get a hand up in her face, Riley was not as good on that jumper.

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Re: WBB tourney thoughts

I stated before the season started that we would be just as good if not better than last year's team (someone can look this up if they need to). We match up and can beat any of the Big 12 teams this year (with a healthy team) as we proved during the regular season. BF recruits very well, both athletes and students. He will not recruit thugs just to win.

I feel Nebraska will not win the tourney.

We will win both NCAA games at home. I just wish we could play Ohio State. I really dislike that guard and would love to see her lose at Hilton.

Yes...I have been a loyal follower since Olson and Grimm were juniors. I have had many great experiences both at Hilton and during post season tourneys.

I will be cheering for Nebraska and Oklahoma today.

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 6

Re: A question for you

Quote Originally Posted by CintiClone View Post
    ISU-Rev - you have been around the women's game for many years. What is your take on this year's Lady Cyclones compared to both Oklahoma and Nebraska? I have been following the team pretty much every game, but have not seen a game this year. My thought is we are better than both with Lacey on the court, but what is your opinion?
    Not ISU-Rev, but at full strength, the top four seeds are the top four teams. OU, ISU, and A&M have the best chance to knock off NU. Unfortunately for us, they got a pass not having to face us with Lacey in the second half of the season. I am going back today just to see how the aTm KC connection does against the Huskerettes. Adams, Smith, and White scored 57 of their 72 points against UT.

After OU swats down that little fly Riley today, NU will still have to earn the title if they get by aTm.