Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Craig brackins and rashon clark

I feel so bad for both of those two guys...I know they got a great education at a great school and played basketball and got full support from our fanbase, but at the same time I feel like they gave so much to give so little...

Rashon Clark probably could of went pro...but when Mcdermott was hired he had to play mcdermott's game and he did it without complaining and really lost alot of offensive power and turned into a rebounder and defensive player, he did it because he loved us the fans and Iowa State

Brackins passed up millions of dollars to come back and restore some pride into Iowa State, that didn't happen for him, he sat on a crappy losing team for three years...

What I'm saying is that i feel bad for them they wanted to do such great things for their school and didn't really get a whole lot out of it, not what they wanted so much

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Re: Craig brackins and rashon clark

I agree with that for the most part. Except for the part about Clark going pro. Unless you meant in Germany or something. Then I agree, maybe.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Under morgan his offensive abilities seemed consistent, he had twenty point games with morgan, but when mcdermott was hired, it really seemed like he dwindled offensively

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

He was a decent stand still 3 point shooter, and a good rebounder. That usually doesn't get you into the NBA

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

I would have loved to have seen Clark play another year in Morgan's system. Watching him was worth the price of admission. It wasn't a good fit with Greg but he really excelled on the defensive end.

At least Rahshon played and won a NCAA tournament game. Not a horrible deal.

All-Star
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 25

Yeah, Rashon was not much of a shooter. Really reminded me quite a bit of Marcus Jefferson, but Rashon was obviously better.

Pro
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,298
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128

Quote Originally Posted by cybookie4 View Post
    I feel so bad for both of those two guys...I know they got a great education at a great school and played basketball and got full support from our fanbase, but at the same time I feel like they gave so much to give so little...

Rashon Clark probably could of went pro...but when Mcdermott was hired he had to play mcdermott's game and he did it without complaining and really lost alot of offensive power and turned into a rebounder and defensive player, he did it because he loved us the fans and Iowa State

Brackins passed up millions of dollars to come back and restore some pride into Iowa State, that didn't happen for him, he sat on a crappy losing team for three years...

What I'm saying is that i feel bad for them they wanted to do such great things for their school and didn't really get a whole lot out of it, not what they wanted so much
    He sat on an ever evolving team for 3 years but the friends he made will be the guys that stand-up in his wedding and call him when someone close to him dies - the same types of friendships WE have (or will if you're a kid) made. Not a waste by any stretch of the imagination.