Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 108,819, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,548
    Points
    108,819
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 174

    Friday Confessions

    Alright guys (or gals), time to get it off your chest.

    I'm a bad fan. I dropped my bball season tickets a couple years ago. Knew it was time when I couldn't give away tickets for free. I want a reason to buy again, but after going to only 3 games this year, and leaving ****** each time, I just can't subject myself to that again. I probably shouldn't ***** about the program anymore, but I will because I really want a reason to be excited about NCAA BBall in March, and its been too long since I could do that.

    I went to the Dowling/SEPolk state tourney game Wednesday night and with some horrible calls and no-calls by the officials in the last 2 minutes of the game, I yelled some words that my mother would have been pretty embarassed about. Good thing in WFA, even in the front row, I was so far away from the action that there's no one other than Marty Tirrell in press row that could have heard me.

    Speaking of Marty, I really was thinking some bad thoughts about him at the game. He had on a very feminine looking scarf and a suit???

    Our daycare provider is sick so I am home with my girls this morning. I was instructed to limit TV and give them fruit for a snack.
    We are on our second episode of Sesame Street and had Fruit snacks and animal crackers for snack. Its not even 10.

    I coached Matt Rainey in HS football. Good kid. Passionate about the Clones. Have talked to him and he had no idea everything would get this big. I'll take responsibility for him.

    Alright, What is everyone else thinking this week? My daughters are wrestling and I should probably intervene. Tears are flowing right now but no blood.


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 560,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,456
    Points
    560,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 144

    Re: Friday Confessions

    I nearly screamed like a little girl when we beat K-State.




  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 57,743, Level: 74
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 807
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jtdoyle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,196
    Points
    57,743
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 5

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Alright, What is everyone else thinking this week? My daughters are wrestling and I should probably intervene. Tears are flowing right now but no blood.
    Yours or theirs?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 108,819, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,548
    Points
    108,819
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 174

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    Yours or theirs?
    Make no mistake about it, I've got the crap beat out of me by a 4 y/o and 19 m/o this morning.
    Not sure what I'll do now that Sesame Street's over. Is it too early for a nap?


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 652,676, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,626
    Points
    652,676
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,162
    Given: 233

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Is it too early for a nap?
    Yours or theirs?



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 60,265, Level: 76
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,385
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,234
    Points
    60,265
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 2

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Alright guys (or gals), time to get it off your chest.

    I'm a bad fan. I dropped my bball season tickets a couple years ago. Knew it was time when I couldn't give away tickets for free. I want a reason to buy again, but after going to only 3 games this year, and leaving ****** each time, I just can't subject myself to that again. I probably shouldn't ***** about the program anymore, but I will because I really want a reason to be excited about NCAA BBall in March, and its been too long since I could do that.

    I went to the Dowling/SEPolk state tourney game Wednesday night and with some horrible calls and no-calls by the officials in the last 2 minutes of the game, I yelled some words that my mother would have been pretty embarassed about. Good thing in WFA, even in the front row, I was so far away from the action that there's no one other than Marty Tirrell in press row that could have heard me.

    Speaking of Marty, I really was thinking some bad thoughts about him at the game. He had on a very feminine looking scarf and a suit???

    Our daycare provider is sick so I am home with my girls this morning. I was instructed to limit TV and give them fruit for a snack.
    We are on our second episode of Sesame Street and had Fruit snacks and animal crackers for snack. Its not even 10.

    I coached Matt Rainey in HS football. Good kid. Passionate about the Clones. Have talked to him and he had no idea everything would get this big. I'll take responsibility for him.

    Alright, What is everyone else thinking this week? My daughters are wrestling and I should probably intervene. Tears are flowing right now but no blood.

    Whatever makes them be quiet! My wife went to wal mart this morning at 6:30 and my girls woke up 2 minutes after she left (obviously). The 2 year old was munching on doritos and drinking juicy juice and my 6 month old sat in a dirty diaper for an hour. It took me awhile to get motivated.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by DRCHIRO View Post
    Whatever makes them be quiet! My wife went to wal mart this morning at 6:30 and my girls woke up 2 minutes after she left (obviously). The 2 year old was munching on doritos and drinking juicy juice and my 6 month old sat in a dirty diaper for an hour. It took me awhile to get motivated.
    I often fake a dirty poopy diaper so the next one will be the wifes turn.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 390,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,877
    Points
    390,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 445

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by 4429 mcc View Post
    I often fake a dirty poopy diaper so the next one will be the wifes turn.

    Been there!



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 108,819, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,548
    Points
    108,819
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 174

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by 4429 mcc View Post
    I often fake a dirty poopy diaper so the next one will be the wifes turn.
    it warms my heart to know I am not the only one.


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 19,397, Level: 42
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    CP44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    875
    Points
    19,397
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 14

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Been there!
    I acted like I forgot to do my microeconomics so I could get the answers from somebody else


    Commitment To Excellence

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 60,265, Level: 76
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,385
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,234
    Points
    60,265
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 2

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by 4429 mcc View Post
    I often fake a dirty poopy diaper so the next one will be the wifes turn.

    Classic! Been there done that



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 485,916, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,179
    Points
    485,916
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 132

    Re: Friday Confessions

    I just bought tickets for the Elton John show. He's my girlfriend's all time favorite artist, and I knew she wanted to go really, really bad.

    I'm also spending the first day of my Spring Break laying on the couch watching classic ISU games. I've already watched the 2002 Iowa game, I'm watching the 2002 Nebraska game, and I think 1998 Iowa and Insight Bowl will be the rest of the day.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 870,371, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,560
    Points
    870,371
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,228
    Given: 1,841

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    I nearly screamed like a little girl when we beat K-State.
    So it was a normal yell for you?


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 84,913, Level: 90
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,165
    Points
    84,913
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Last night my drunk roommate passed out on the couch. He used his dog as a pillow. I took a picture to use as blackmail if the need should ever arise.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 485,916, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,179
    Points
    485,916
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 132

    Re: Friday Confessions

    Yeah, yeah.

    I hear there's a sale on socks at JC Penney.


    Last edited by Angie; 03-12-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM