Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 5

Call to Action for ISU MBB Fans

I for one am getting concerned about the rumors that Iowa is going to replace their lackluster coach due to fans/alumni voting with their wallets. I think about the posts I've read from our fan base that say "i'm still going to buy tix because i'm going to support no matter what." well.... this is a rallying call for next year.

Here's a few things:

1. Coach Mac is here for next year and we need to support him and the team from Day 1. Is what it is... let's all agree to support from the get go and try to rally this program.

2. IF it becomes evident at some point in the season that Mac is not turning the corner with the MBB program, WE the fans need to VOTE like the school to the east of us. We CANNOT blindly support being mediocre.

It's not a question of loyalty or being "the better fanbase that supports no matter what". That's fine but aren't all fan bases supporting their teams? They just are forced into "voting" based on the team's performance/direction.

This is OUR program. It was before Pollard and will be after. It was before G-Mac and will be after. We have great facilities and great fans. We deserve to have success.

Before I'm asked:

- Undergrad degree from ISU, currently working on Grad degree from ISU (lots of Tuition contributions)
    - I've only gotten MBB tix when I was an Undergrad. (no time post grad)
    - Purchased FB Season Tix & single game based on various situations in my life
    - Lots of Time, Money and Passion poured into following ISU (games, watching on TV). I bet I wear more ISU stuff than anyone involved in the AD....

I BLEED CARDINAL AND GOLD JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU. THIS IS OUR PROGRAM! JUST LIKE FB, WBB, WRESTLING, ETC!!!

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Call to Action for ISU MBB Fans

Well why not get off you A.. and raise 2.5 million for the buy out. I thought college sports were for young people to compete and go to college. I didn't know it was for enteraining students. Get a life and let the Adminstration deal with it.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111

Quote Originally Posted by ap2049 View Post
    Well why not get off you A.. and raise 2.5 million for the buy out. I thought college sports were for young people to compete and go to college. I didn't know it was for enteraining students. Get a life and let the Adminstration deal with it.
    If it's not for entertainment why has McDermott made millions of dollars?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 277

Get a life and let the Adminstration deal with it.
    How are they dealing with it?

Also, the Administration is the cause of the mess our basketball program is in.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 312

The good news it will be only $2.0M to buy him out if we wait after next year's 15 wins. By sitting on our duffs, we save a half mil.

Forgetting the tons of money received from popcorn and soda sales, that equals the loss of 5,000 butts in the seats next year ($99 passes).

Seriously, we could have only 10k people attending next year and match the womens attendance while financially having a wash instead of going for the immediate buyout.

Instead, we should be questioning the person who developed the 9-year contract with kick-in clauses for the newbie.

It is cheaper to sink to levels of Iowa attendance than to fire him now.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 20

It may physically hurt to see Hilton Coliseum next season... This could be one of the worst things we have seen at ISU in decades.

Addict
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    The good news it will be only $2.0M to buy him out if we wait after next year's 15 wins. By sitting on our duffs, we save a half mil.

Forgetting the tons of money received from popcorn and soda sales, that equals the loss of 5,000 butts in the seats next year ($99 passes).

Seriously, we could have only 10k people attending next year and match the womens attendance while financially having a wash instead of going for the immediate buyout.

Instead, we should be questioning the person who developed the 9-year contract with kick-in clauses for the newbie.

It is cheaper to sink to levels of Iowa attendance than to fire him now.

If we got 15 wins next year I would be amazed. Not happening with GMac at the helm. Again, he is not B12 Caliber.

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    It may physically hurt to see Hilton Coliseum next season... This could be one of the worst things we have seen at ISU in decades.
    I like the popcorn, the polish sausages, the Cycones, the pretty cheerleaders and dance squad members.

I like running into old friends, making new friends.

You may just have to settle for going to games to socialize next year and be happy.

I know, not much of a consolation, but I hate to see Hilton be like Carver next year. I will still go and cheer. I just won't expect much and be happy if the team exceeds my expectations.

If not, I have a hunch Gmac will be gone after next year.

Addict
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 7

We are going to be awful next year...Do I need to purcahse season tickets to watch what is the equivalent is a bi-weekly nut punch? Nah.

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Jamie Pollard wants my $$. That's the only way to overcome the problems we've had according to him. $$ fixes everything for Jamie, it would seem.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In reality, the way to get rid of Mac is to give absolutely nothing, skip the season tickets and don't go to any individual games, so they can't afford to keep him.

I'm not going to pay for another one of Pollard's mistakes.

And if he doesn't listen to me when I say I want Mac gone, that's fine. My wallet will do my talking.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    We are going to be awful next year...Do I need to purcahse season tickets to watch what is the equivalent is a bi-weekly nut punch? Nah.
    You should change your colors to black and gold. They accept bandwagon fans on the other side.

I don't want to be a dick, but how do we expect our players to feel when we already label them as losers? I hope it serves as a crazy motivation for them to succeed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just makes it an easier decision for them to look at other options.

Enjoy.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 2,917

Quote Originally Posted by Im4State View Post
    I for one am getting concerned about the rumors that Iowa is going to replace their lackluster coach due to fans/alumni voting with their wallets. I think about the posts I've read from our fan base that say "i'm still going to buy tix because i'm going to support no matter what." well.... this is a rallying call for next year.

Here's a few things:

1. Coach Mac is here for next year and we need to support him and the team from Day 1. Is what it is... let's all agree to support from the get go and try to rally this program.

2. IF it becomes evident at some point in the season that Mac is not turning the corner with the MBB program, WE the fans need to VOTE like the school to the east of us. We CANNOT blindly support being mediocre.

It's not a question of loyalty or being "the better fanbase that supports no matter what". That's fine but aren't all fan bases supporting their teams? They just are forced into "voting" based on the team's performance/direction.

This is OUR program. It was before Pollard and will be after. It was before G-Mac and will be after. We have great facilities and great fans. We deserve to have success.

Before I'm asked:

- Undergrad degree from ISU, currently working on Grad degree from ISU (lots of Tuition contributions)
    - I've only gotten MBB tix when I was an Undergrad. (no time post grad)
    - Purchased FB Season Tix & single game based on various situations in my life
    - Lots of Time, Money and Passion poured into following ISU (games, watching on TV). I bet I wear more ISU stuff than anyone involved in the AD....

I BLEED CARDINAL AND GOLD JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU. THIS IS OUR PROGRAM! JUST LIKE FB, WBB, WRESTLING, ETC!!!
    I'm not attacking, just asking - the solution is to not buy the season tickets you already don't have?

M 7/09

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    This. makes me worry

Addict
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by DumbFan View Post
    You should change your colors to black and gold. They accept bandwagon fans on the other side.

I don't want to be a dick, but how do we expect our players to feel when we already label them as losers? I hope it serves as a crazy motivation for them to succeed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just makes it an easier decision for them to look at other options.
    It's much easier to predict we will be awful than that we will experience any success. I came into this year with a great deal of optimism and it was a monumental letdown.

The term "bandwagon" fan in reference to people who say they aren't buying tickets is laughable. I'll watch and cheer just the same, but to be honest the two hour drive and the money spent on tickets is a waste given the product bieng put on the floor. I'm no less of a fan than I used to, and I will expernce the highs and lows the same next year as this year.

A bandwagon fan is someone with no ties to a school that decides to root for them because their good. I have been an Iowa State fan my entire life, and nothing will change that. Just because I feel my money and time can be more wisely spent doesn't make me any less of a fan, and certainly doesn't make me a "bandwagoner".