Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 177,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,781
    Points
    177,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 0

    Are we better than UNC right now?

    I'd say yes, we are better.

    We would not be down 73-37 if we played Duke today. No way. I couldn't believe my eyes when I turned on that game last Saturday night and that was the score.

    Seriously, UNC's talent is not much worse than Duke's. It shows you just how much better of a head coach that Coach K is than Roy Williams.

    I sure hope Barnes enjoys not making the NCAA tourney in his one year of college basketball at UNC next year. He choose to play for a horrible scumbag slimy head coach in Roy Williams versus playing for one of the best college coaches, and classiest guys of all time in Coach K. I hope he's happy.

    He should have just come to ISU versus UNC. UNC is not much better than us IMO.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 254,606, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,550
    Points
    254,606
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 423

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    One year is not a trend but I hope you are right. I'd love to see roy struggle next year again.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 471,406, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,858
    Points
    471,406
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 402

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Principal
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    You might want to check your argument - earlier this year North Carolina only beat Ohio St and Michigan, and lost to Kentucky by 2 points. Now, I don't know what has happened to UNC down the stretch (nor does any other expert for that matter), but that shellacking they received by Duke was on Duke's home floor on Senior Night (whereas our shellacking came on a neutral floor in the middle of Winter Break).

    Considering UNC's talent versus ISU's, not to mention Williams' absolute hatred for ISU (we were the only school that made his life miserable when he coached in the Big 12), I'd say it's pretty safe to say that if we met UNC would roll us.

    And as far as Barnes making a "mistake" in going to UNC, I'd say you couldn't be further from the truth. He's going to be just fine there. As far as your petty bitterness towards him, you might as well drop it - because if he wasn't going to UNC he was going to Duke. As soon as UNC and Duke entered the picture, ISU had no realistic shot at holding onto him.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 46,708, Level: 66
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PGreen ISU '92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    2,149
    Points
    46,708
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Apparently PG play is important in college basketball. Who knew?



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,010, Level: 33
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    DumbFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    245
    Points
    12,010
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Problem is, with UNC, they don't rebuild they just re-load. However, I too love their season this year.


    Enjoy.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 177,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,781
    Points
    177,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    You might want to check your argument - earlier this year North Carolina only beat Ohio St and Michigan, and lost to Kentucky by 2 points. Now, I don't know what has happened to UNC down the stretch (nor does any other expert for that matter), but that shellacking they received by Duke was on Duke's home floor on Senior Night (whereas our shellacking came on a neutral floor in the middle of Winter Break).

    Considering UNC's talent versus ISU's, not to mention Williams' absolute hatred for ISU (we were the only school that made his life miserable when he coached in the Big 12), I'd say it's pretty safe to say that if we met UNC would roll us.

    And as far as Barnes making a "mistake" in going to UNC, I'd say you couldn't be further from the truth. He's going to be just fine there. As far as your petty bitterness towards him, you might as well drop it - because if he wasn't going to UNC he was going to Duke. As soon as UNC and Duke entered the picture, ISU had no realistic shot at holding onto him.
    You must not have read my post? I never expected him to come to ISU, and don't blame him one bit. If he were my son though, Coach K would EASILY have been my choice over the slimeball Roy Williams. That's all I was saying.

    Coach K wiped the floor with Roy's jock last Saturday night as far as coaching basketball goes. He's 10 times the coach that Roy is, and everyone knows it.

    If UNC didn't have Michael Jordan greeting recruits at the airport, Barnes would be at Duke right now.

    I just think it would be funny if Barnes was a one-and-done in college, and in that one year, he didn't make the NCAA tourney.



  7. #7
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    CBI First round game will settle this!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 177,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,781
    Points
    177,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greglixhislips View Post
    CBI First round game will settle this!
    Now that would be SWEET!

    Nothing would make me happier than to see that matchup, and have ISU destroy them by 15+ pts!



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 16,062, Level: 38
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    galactawitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    796
    Points
    16,062
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Part of me wonders, and I know its focusing on stuff that doesn't matter, if Barnes had waited until spring to committ, like he at one time said he might, if he would have chosen UNC?



    No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 38,804, Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,385
    Points
    38,804
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 45

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    simple answer


    Husker Hater

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 177,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,781
    Points
    177,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by galactawitz View Post
    Part of me wonders, and I know its focusing on stuff that doesn't matter, if Barnes had waited until spring to committ, like he at one time said he might, if he would have chosen UNC?
    That's a VERY interesting thought. I don't think there's anyway he picks UNC right now.

    It would have been Duke if he waited until now to decide IMO.... hands down.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 74,020, Level: 84
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,112
    Points
    74,020
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    If we played UNC right now, I would put money on UNC.



  13. #13
    All-Star cyclonenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,140
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    We are a better team. Would we beat them? Dunno



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 177,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,781
    Points
    177,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 0

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenate View Post
    We are a better team. Would we beat them? Dunno
    My thoughts exactly.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 63,480, Level: 78
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,370
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,765
    Points
    63,480
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 22

    Re: Are we better than UNC right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I'd say yes, we are better.

    We would not be down 73-37 if we played Duke today. No way. I couldn't believe my eyes when I turned on that game last Saturday night and that was the score.

    Seriously, UNC's talent is not much worse than Duke's. It shows you just how much better of a head coach that Coach K is than Roy Williams.

    I sure hope Barnes enjoys not making the NCAA tourney in his one year of college basketball at UNC next year. He choose to play for a horrible scumbag slimy head coach in Roy Williams versus playing for one of the best college coaches, and classiest guys of all time in Coach K. I hope he's happy.

    He should have just come to ISU versus UNC. UNC is not much better than us IMO.
    UNC does not have problems with talent, its just a large collection of talent, and the cohesiveness of that team is like dry sand....Sure you have 12 top-100 caliber recruits but if they can't play/mesh as one, theyre no better than us or nebraska, or Savannah State right now.....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM