Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA '07

HardcoreClone
    I just got NCAA football 2007 for Xbox and have started playing it. I'm having a problem though. Literally every play, all of my defenders in coverage(DB's and LB's) don't guard their men, but instead start running to the ball, up until it is passed. Then by the time they turn around, their man is long gone and wide open. I have never had guys WIDE OPEN this many times playing it. Has anyone else noticed this? Can someone help me out with what's going on? thanks

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    thats rough, probably the playcalling. try some man-to-man stuff.

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I had the same problem. I've only played one game since I bought it and of course I played Iowa. It seemed like when Iowa called a playaction, my guys would bite on it everytime. But I found a solution. Play a Cover 2 Man. Works great against the passing game. BTW, has anyone noticed that ISU's safeties are friggin fast? Smith is absolutely everywhere. On and also, the new one handed catches are amazing. I'm still ****** that they didnt update the stadium. Oh well.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cllions05 &#064; 07&#045;21&#045;06 8&#58;21 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I had the same problem. I&#39;ve only played one game since I bought it and of course I played Iowa. It seemed like when Iowa called a playaction, my guys would bite on it everytime. But I found a solution. Play a Cover 2 Man. Works great against the passing game. BTW, has anyone noticed that ISU&#39;s safeties are friggin fast? Smith is absolutely everywhere. On and also, the new one handed catches are amazing. I&#39;m still ****** that they didnt update the stadium. Oh well. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve heard about the one-handed catches and how every catch they make is either one handed or diving. I also heard that Blythe catches everything you throw to him. I obviously dont have the game yet but will be getting it for my 360 pretty quickly (I hope) and i want to know if its worth? or should i just stick to my normal way of life...pwn3ing my friends&#39; *** on HALO???

God Bless America

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    are you guys using the current-gen or xbox360?...and is xbox360 backwards compatible?

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I bought it for my PS2. I feel sports games as of now are best on the PS2. The controller fits the games perfectly. I tried playing this game a couple years back on the Xbox and found it very difficult. I won&#39;t be getting a PS3 however if the analysts are right on the price, 500-600 smacks in the wallet. Ill probably either go for the 360 or for the Nintendo Wii (getting rave reviews). But this game is a must buy. Contrary to what people are saying, i like the 3rd person action, especially on punt block. The Decibal thing is pretty cool too and the momentum is new. I will post a more in depth article on this game once I get into the dynasty. Right now i&#39;d say its a buy.

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I might have a solution to the problem with the coverages. If you press down on the right analog stick it commits to the run. The problem with that for me is that in last years game the right analog stick was used for d line moves and whenever i would try to get away from a block it would commit to the run and leave every reciever open. I don&#39;t know if that is your problem and if it isn&#39;t then i don&#39;t know what would be wrong because my coverage is normally pretty good when i do it right.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    just aquired the 360...NCAA 07 is pretty bloody sweet...same can be said of "ghost recon: advanced warfighter"......must get life

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; 07&#045;21&#045;06 1&#58;30 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> just aquired the 360...NCAA 07 is pretty bloody sweet...same can be said of "ghost recon: advanced warfighter"......must get life [/b][/quote]

Can anyone tell me if Call of Duty 2 is a "must get"??? i&#39;ve heard that it is but I dont want to drop the buckeroos on a game right now (saving up for live).

God Bless America

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    call of duty 3 is not to far away, if cod2 lowers the price i&#39;d pick it up, otherwise wait for the new one. I&#39;ve yet to play ps2 or xbox versions of ncaa 07, but I know 360 served justice to isu. Bret Meyer is unbelievably good, blythes of course blythe, austin flynn is where he should be, Rj sumrall is a stud. I play the game on all-american, soon heisman. Very easy to learn.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    how is the atmosphere in Jack Trice in 360?.....

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    its more exciting to play in finally. On last years game I remember how boring it was to play in. Cys doing pushups and the runningman. Its well improved.

HardcoreClone
    My problem with it though, IS because I usually play a Cover 2 Man. I&#39;ve tried man and zone coverages with it, but I still had the same problems. And I&#39;m not just talking about playaction and guys biting for that, it is pretty much EVERY play that my defenders in pass coverage flat out don&#39;t stay with their men. I will have to try out your guys&#39; suggestions and hope that it stops doing this.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    The detail at Trice was pretty impressive. They have a Hiltonish building in the right spot, Reiman Gardens is approximated to the south. I zoomed around quite a bit in an instant replay. There is no practice field dome which seems like a glaring omission.

To bad that attnetion to detail didn&#39;t transfer over to the rest of the game. I&#39;m speaking of the 360 version. My understanding is that the PS2 and regular XBox versions are far superior. Don&#39;t get me wrong, it&#39;s the first game for the 360 that is worth paying any money for. The graphics are good, but they don&#39;t pop the way I expected. The collision detection is vastly improved and the replays are silky smooth, even in slow-mo. My biggest gripe in the lack of coop play. Two players cannot be on the same team on the 360 version (note: this is ONLY on the 360 version). That almost single-handedly ruins the game for me. Coop dynasties with friends were the selling point for me. Another annoying aspect is the play calling. Opponents can see what play you are picking. There is some way around it apparently, but what was wrong with the old three play call window?

It&#39;s still a good game, but instead of bursting out of the gates it sort of limps.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 29
    even the golf cart that looks like a cyclone helmet is in the 360 game..

i am very impressed with the 360 version overall.. next year it will definitely be the way to go.. this year it is up to you which way to go.. the ps2 has more features, but the 360 looks amazing and plays great too.. if you have a 360 should get it.. if not, the ps2 version is a lot of fun too..

ncaa 08 for 360 is going to be amazing..guaranteed.

ncaa 07 will not be backwards compatable to my knowledge..

hope that helps.. later..