Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

Suggestion for SportsTalkMatt

Why don't you scurry back over to your Creighton message board and leave us alone. Spend your time delving into the key issues at your little mid-major program like - Why/how did Altman recruit a thug like P'Allen Stinnett and manager to keep him eligible? What does he need to do to right the sinking ship that is Creighton basketball? Now that UNI and Witchita State have become the premier teams in the conference, what can the 'Jays do to stay relevent? Does anyone outside of Omaha even care?

Your hatred of Pollard is laughable. I am a supporter but certainly don't agree with all of his decisions. That said, his track record has been pretty good. This stinks of Jim Rome and Kirk Ferentz. If Pollard came on your show you would spend 10 minutes kissing his butt and that would be the end of the story. Enough already.

Ken's good though. Have a nice day.

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 18

Re: Suggestion for SportsTalkMatt

agree, hes a *******... but i like the pub of isu bad or good... as long as we are talked about every day. :)

Last edited by DaddyMac; 03-10-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: filter

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diggy View Post
    Why don't you scurry back over to your Creighton message board and leave us alone. Spend your time delving into the key issues at your little mid-major program like - Why/how did Altman recruit a thug like P'Allen Stinnett and manager to keep him eligible? What does he need to do to right the sinking ship that is Creighton basketball? Now that UNI and Witchita State have become the premier teams in the conference, what can the 'Jays do to stay relevent? Does anyone outside of Omaha even care?

Your hatred of Pollard is laughable. I am a supporter but certainly don't agree with all of his decisions. That said, his track record has been pretty good. This stinks of Jim Rome and Kirk Ferentz. If Pollard came on your show you would spend 10 minutes kissing his butt and that would be the end of the story. Enough already.

Ken's good though. Have a nice day.
    At least he is talking ISU. I liked him when he was on 590. Don't listen to him now because I don't get KXNO. He definitely does not have the feel for the ISU base right now but he is new to the market. Kinda looks like he is treating the ISU fan base similar to the way he treated Nebraska.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 50

Let's face it folks. We have CW, Paul Clark and John Walters (and Eric Heft) in the media that are Cyclone nut swingers. That's it. The others only cover Cyclone sports because they are in the state. We need more nut swingers.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 499
    Given: 450

I don't mind Matt being here. I disagree with him a lot of the time, but he's welcome in my mind.

@RandomGeoFacts

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,145
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 181

Haha, thank the lord this guys out of Omaha. He's always been the type of "sports" personality that reads the headlines and jumps on one side or the other never really bringing anything interesting or unique to the conversation. His bandwagon mentality and unorignal opinions are not missed in Omaha.

Pro
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Saying bad things about an area sports talk announcer on this message board will eventually lead to him hating Iowa State and our fans (see Marty Terrell). Matt Perrault has the power to do serious damage to our Athletic Department. Keep it postive. Matt -- I speak for the real majority of Cyclone fans when I say you're doing a great job! Why the Hawkeye fans don't like you I will never know. Keep up the good work. As long as you're at KXnO I'll be tuning in everday between 4pm-7pm!!!

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    I don't mind Matt being here. I disagree with him a lot of the time, but he's welcome in my mind.
    Absolutely -- I couldn't agree more! Matt -- you're doing a great job!

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by PGreen ISU '92 View Post
    Saying bad things about an area sports talk announcer on this message board will eventually lead to him hating Iowa State and our fans (see Marty Terrell). Matt Perrault has the power to do serious damage to our Athletic Department. Keep it postive. Matt -- I speak for the real majority of Cyclone fans when I say you're doing a great job! Why the Hawkeye fans don't like you I will never know. Keep up the good work. As long as you're at KXnO I'll be tuning in everday between 4pm-7pm!!!
    Matt's Dad?

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rdubbs View Post
    Matt's Dad?
    See Matt -- rdubbs is a Hawkeye fan (see his Hawkeye flag Avatar) and he implied that inorder to compliment you I must be your Dad. This is another clear cut example of how Hawkeye fans hate you. On the other hand, a vast majority of Cyclone fans love and appreciate your work!

Pro
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,444
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

Wasn't a Stinnett very highly recruited by Iowa State before he chose Creighton?

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

On both sides of this issue - Thank you.

I understand my role as a talk show host. I come on message boards because I'm a fan. I love sports. I love covering sports. Message boards are a great way of talking to fans about sports. Paul Clark's site could be where I go and post this stuff but I'd rather do it for Chris because we are friends and I like to support my friends businesses.

I work for Rivals covering Creighton. It has nothing to do with Iowa State. I do not know why Jamie Pollard disliked me before I got here but from literally day 1 - we have had an issue. I do not dislike Jamie - but I will judge him the way I would judge anyone.

My "power" is very limited. I can influence conversations but that's about it. I don't hate Iowa or Iowa State. I also don't hate UNI or Drake. I get to go to the NCAA run for UNI. I think that shows that people care about MVC basketball in Des Moines. I love the Valley...but I enjoy the Big boys too.

Again, I don't care if you like me or not. I just hope you will listen to the show and keep the conversation going....

Last edited by Sportstalkmatt; 03-10-2010 at 12:31 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 12

See Matt -- rdubbs is a Hawkeye fan (see his Hawkeye flag Avatar) and he implied that inorder to compliment you I must be your Dad. This is another clear cut example of how Hawkeye fans hate you. On the other hand, a vast majority of Cyclone fans love and appreciate your work!
    I agree PGreen. I think that Matt does just fine. He is being attacked now because of the stance on the McD issue, and he feels we need to fire McD.

I disagree with him on firing McD ONLY because we cannot afford it. McD has done nothing other than be hired by JP to keep his job. I support JP in most things but he is human and has made mistakes (see Chizzdick and McD). He does not do a good job of admitting these mistakes but in the McD situation because of the STUPID contract extension that JP is responsible for JP cannot fire him without severly hampering the funds of the ISU ADept.

Why can't people understand that others are not required to have the same opinion as themselves.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Speechless
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 405
    Given: 294

Matt, always enjoyed you in Omaha. Keep posting. Your opinions are just one part of the discussion. Sometimes the truth hurts people, but they need to grow up.

This website is only better by having a plethora of opinions.

When no one talks about ISU in the media, that is the time that things are really bad.

Last edited by Wesley; 03-10-2010 at 12:29 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 91

Do we really have to hate everyone on sprots talk radio, in Des Moines? Get over it. At least he isnt making stuff up and telling it as the truth. Just because doesnt give the rosey koolaid side is the reason you dont like him. The other side needs to be out there as well.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne