Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Maybe I haven't been around long enough but...

Coming from Minnesota and growing up a Gopher fan, I am by no means an expert in Cyclone basketball, but I've been around sports enough to know a few things. Being a part of Cyclone Nation has been a truly great experience so far. I've seen some great basketball games, by a team that, in my opinion, has everything going against them. I'm sure some of you will rip me to shreds on this but I have never once seen any sort of play that dictates that this team or this coaching staff has given up. Give GM some credit, his number on 3pt shooter abandoned the team. Two players that saw decent minutes suffered season ending injuries, another suffered from mono for a few weeks and two other players had minor problems with the authority running the program, and two more are on the brink of leaving for the NBA. That is a lot for a coach to handle on top of trying to coach a basketball team to a winning record. We play in one of the toughest conferences in basketball, our a school not widely known for its athletic prowess, yet we have been competitive in almost all of our games. That is all a coach can ask for is that his players put themselves in a position to win at the end of the game, and they've done exactly that. I know some of you say this season was a waste or that GM should be fired, but I saw a lot of good things this season and I can't wait for next year. If any players, coaches, managers, or people in the front office that read this I want to say thanks and let you know that there are still fans out there that support you.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 498

Re: Maybe I haven't been around long enough but...

Perhaps the main discussion point is Wayne Morgan was getting by when he was fired and then the new coach would get us to the NCAAs in a couple of years. That did not work out for a myriad of reasons after four years of trials and tribulations, mostly due to defections. Now, with the best team to date, we are still struggling looking to average 15 wins a season and trying to find a way to compete for the half of our conference. The discussion about this years team is usually tainted with what our program did since 2000. You just entered at this point.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by josephc View Post
    Coming from Minnesota and growing up a Gopher fan, I am by no means an expert in Cyclone basketball, but I've been around sports enough to know a few things. Being a part of Cyclone Nation has been a truly great experience so far. I've seen some great basketball games, by a team that, in my opinion, has everything going against them. I'm sure some of you will rip me to shreds on this but I have never once seen any sort of play that dictates that this team or this coaching staff has given up. Give GM some credit, his number on 3pt shooter abandoned the team. Two players that saw decent minutes suffered season ending injuries, another suffered from mono for a few weeks and two other players had minor problems with the authority running the program, and two more are on the brink of leaving for the NBA. That is a lot for a coach to handle on top of trying to coach a basketball team to a winning record. We play in one of the toughest conferences in basketball, our a school not widely known for its athletic prowess, yet we have been competitive in almost all of our games. That is all a coach can ask for is that his players put themselves in a position to win at the end of the game, and they've done exactly that. I know some of you say this season was a waste or that GM should be fired, but I saw a lot of good things this season and I can't wait for next year. If any players, coaches, managers, or people in the front office that read this I want to say thanks and let you know that there are still fans out there that support you.
    X4

Legend
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 411

Out of curiosity who did you root for in the Insight.com bowl this year.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Legend
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 1,696

Why do you hate your Enter key?

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 446

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post

Thats what I was wondering Archi....I stopped reading about half way down the page....

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 14

josephc-I admire your optimism but I think what you are missing is that we fans have suffered thru several bad seasons so we were really looking forward to this year with Brackins coming back and the addition of Gilstrap. I think most people felt we would be back in at least the NIT and maybe the NCAA. Barring a miracle in the next few days, that isn't going to happen and fans have every reason to be dissappointed. Trying hard and wanting to win should be a given for any major basketball program, so hard to give extra credit for that. And the what if game can be played by almost every coach and every program, the good coaches have to overcome that. Had Haluska not transferred he would have been a perfect fit for the system and with guys like Stinson, Blaylock, Homan, Clark, Staple, Sullivan, etc., who knows how far those teams might have gone. We still had big wins and post season success anyway. I know Greg has had injuries and defections to deal with but we just had by far our biggest win of the GMac era with a depleted line-up, so that excuse only goes so far. All the close losses this year have worn on fans because we expect to win at least our share of close games, especially at home. Like I said, barring a miracle we'll be sitting at home again this year and it stinks, so many fans are understandably dissappointed.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Nation Shudders At Large Block Of Uninterrupted Text | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Bench Warmer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I cheered for the Cyclones only because I don't really like Coach Brewster a whole lot, and I can't stand Adam Weber. Plus Alexander Robinson went to a high school in my conference so I'm quite partial to him. He's the man

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

Bench Warmer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    josephc-I admire your optimism but I think what you are missing is that we fans have suffered thru several bad seasons so we were really looking forward to this year with Brackins coming back and the addition of Gilstrap. I think most people felt we would be back in at least the NIT and maybe the NCAA. Barring a miracle in the next few days, that isn't going to happen and fans have every reason to be dissappointed. Trying hard and wanting to win should be a given for any major basketball program, so hard to give extra credit for that. And the what if game can be played by almost every coach and every program, the good coaches have to overcome that. Had Haluska not transferred he would have been a perfect fit for the system and with guys like Stinson, Blaylock, Homan, Clark, Staple, Sullivan, etc., who knows how far those teams might have gone. We still had big wins and post season success anyway. I know Greg has had injuries and defections to deal with but we just had by far our biggest win of the GMac era with a depleted line-up, so that excuse only goes so far. All the close losses this year have worn on fans because we expect to win at least our share of close games, especially at home. Like I said, barring a miracle we'll be sitting at home again this year and it stinks, so many fans are understandably dissappointed.
    I agree that the win over K-State was huge, but I feel that that only proves my point. When you put yourself in a position to win big games, eventually you'll win one. We've been doing that all year, now just imagine if GM had to deal less with babysitting and had more time to coach, think of all the close games that might have bounced our way( Mizzou, the first K-State game, Ok State, Colorado, Texas A&M)

Bench Warmer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    Thats what I was wondering Archi....I stopped reading about half way down the page....
    I'm sorry we've reached the point where we can no longer read more than three lines that are next to each other. How do you guys handle reading books or the newspaper?

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 114

I cheered for the Cyclones only because I don't really like Coach Brewster a whole lot, and I can't stand Adam Weber. Plus Alexander Robinson went to a high school in my conference so I'm quite partial to him. He's the man

Glad to have you on board supporting ISU. Hope that future years in MBB and other sports are more rewarding than this one.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 14

great post!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 498

I'm sorry we've reached the point where we can no longer read more than three lines that are next to each other. How do you guys handle reading books or the newspaper?
    Simple. Jon Stewart, X-Box 360, and I-Pod.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214

How did you handle English 105 without learning about paragraph breaks?