Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Did Pollard gauge any potential coaches interest over the last few weeks?

gotta believe this goes on.

Honor Before Victory

Pro
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,180
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 94

Re: Did Pollard gauge any potential coaches interest over the last few weeks?

Who would've been interested in this job?

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Cyched View Post
    Who would've been interested in this job?
    Why would something like this ever be public knowledge?

Fanatic #25

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,060
    Given: 280

It is doubtful. Per today's presser, Pollard has spoken with numerous recruits while they are on visits to ease their minds about Greg being back next season.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 340

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    It is doubtful. Per today's presser, Pollard has spoken with numerous recruits while they are on visits to ease their minds about Greg being back next season.
    Then that is ridiculous. There are back channels routinely utilized for this sort of thing. It is how Tuberville got paid big time because of some impropriety.

If JP didn't at least get a vibe from a couple coaches that he thinks would make good candidates at ISU then he is not doing his job. He should always have a short list, for every single position he is responsible for. Especially after we were left high and dry after Chizik.

Now the word doesn't have to get out, and shouldn't, and usually doesn't. But he at least should have done some market research. If not, that just gives more ammunition to my argument that JP should hit the road if McD isn't. And I like JP, a lot, but this is a bridge too far for me.

59-67. 18-46. 0-3.

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,155
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58

Having a short list and sending out "feelers" are two entirely different things.

I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    Then that is ridiculous. There are back channels routinely utilized for this sort of thing. It is how Tuberville got paid big time because of some impropriety.

If JP didn't at least get a vibe from a couple coaches that he thinks would make good candidates at ISU then he is not doing his job. He should always have a short list, for every single position he is responsible for. Especially after we were left high and dry after Chizik.

Now the word doesn't have to get out, and shouldn't, and usually doesn't. But he at least should have done some market research. If not, that just gives more ammunition to my argument that JP should hit the road if McD isn't. And I like JP, a lot, but this is a bridge too far for me.

59-67. 18-46. 0-3.

Did you even read the OP's statement? I'm positive JP has a "short list" for every sport at ISU.
    Is he going to start calling around when he knows GMac is coming back..heck no.

I agree with your politics, but you are insane here today.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 74

I believe you but what would he have to lose by doing that. Everything there is to gain. If he was undecided, simply telling them that keeps them here in the event Mac is back. If he isn't back and they wanted to leave, they would leave anyway.

I suppose you could say that gives us a bad reputation if he goes against his word but let's be honest, what HS kids are making their decisions pasted on what an AD told former recruits?

I guess I just have a hard time believing there wasn't any research going on. Of course, I don't know anything or have factual basis but I just feel like there has been some work somewhere. I also think that work is taking place a lot of the time under circumstances better than ours.

It's all snark from here on out

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Personally, I doubt he did. My gut says he was comfortable just bringing back GMac and that was that.

But even if he did, we'll never know.

Recruit
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

My guess is he did, ISU basketball is a business and JP is a businessman. Every successful business looks at all of their options in times of uncertainty. Obviously there are ways to do this "behind the scenes" but I would be willing to bet that it happened in some form or another.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by westcyedclone View Post
    My guess is he did, ISU basketball is a business and JP is a businessman. Every successful business looks at all of their options in times of uncertainty. Obviously there are ways to do this "behind the scenes" but I would be willing to bet that it happened in some form or another.

You cant pay coaches with credit cards, the money has to be there. Why is it so hard for some to figure out that a new coach was never going to happen.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 4429 mcc View Post
    You cant pay coaches with credit cards, the money has to be there. Why is it so hard for some to figure out that a new coach was never going to happen.
    ISU BB and athletics in general is in a ton of trouble then. We are now justifying keeping coaches because of their 'integrity'. Wow, why don't we just cut costs and hire a HS coach - save some money on salary and all of that. Bottom line - ISU couldn't afford to part ways with a coach who is clearly in over his head at this level.

URBCLONE

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 167

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post

59-67. 18-46. 0-3.

How do you know he didn't do any of that?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

I don't think JP takes the risk of word getting out that he has been probing for other coaches interest in the job any more than would be sufficient to maintain a short list. That wouldn't have happened recently, since as has been noted here, the list is continuously maintained.
    I also find it interesting that some seem to have read JP's email as saying that he's only keeping GMac because of his integrity. I think it's implied that he also thinks GMac can turn things around.

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 58
    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    How do you know he didn't do any of that?
    And we won't know. Joefrog just wants something else to be up in arms about.