One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 21,919, Level: 45
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,235
    Points
    21,919
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Hasn't been discussed much, but making a move this year leaves ISU with a fairly wide open list of candidates. Waiting another year will likely result in ISU having competition with Iowa, Nebraska just to name two. Make a move this year and ISU will likely be the only Big 12 or Big 10 team in the market for a coach.


    URBCLONE

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 120,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,075
    Points
    120,111
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 244

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by URBCLONE View Post
    Hasn't been discussed much, but making a move this year leaves ISU with a fairly wide open list of candidates. Waiting another year will likely result in ISU having competition with Iowa, Nebraska just to name two. Make a move this year and ISU will likely be the only Big 12 or Big 10 team in the market for a coach.

    Agree with your point, but I'm pretty sure Penn State will can Ed DeChellis, and some of the same names - McCaffrey, Rose, Davis, Gregory - are being talked about there as are here.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 34,134, Level: 56
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,599
    Points
    34,134
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    What is your short list of coaches for this year then?



  4. #4
    Publisher
    Points: 809,988, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,739
    Points
    809,988
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,264
    Given: 326

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    No move is going to be made this year.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 101,246, Level: 99
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    HiltonMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    101,246
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 46

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    No move is going to be made this year.
    Is this you?



    Don't confuse hope for a plan.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 283,627, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,790
    Points
    283,627
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 47

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    I'm not impressed by any of the potential candidates. Which is why I'm willing to give Mac another year but thats it. Its win or you're gone for me next year.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 44,937, Level: 65
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,129
    Points
    44,937
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    No move is going to be made this year.
    its going to take quite a powerpoint presentation to explain why.


    Honor Before Victory

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 21,919, Level: 45
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,235
    Points
    21,919
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU4ME View Post
    What is your short list of coaches for this year then?
    Don't really have one. In my dream scenario, Lon Kruger would want to return to his Big 12 roots. Thought we might have taken a run at him the last time around.


    URBCLONE

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 21,919, Level: 45
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,235
    Points
    21,919
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    No move is going to be made this year.
    This is about the most depressing thing I've read on this board.


    URBCLONE

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 271,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 38

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    No move is going to be made this year.
    This....deal with it.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 130,627, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    5,924
    Points
    130,627
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 119

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    The first move that needs to be made is replacing Pollard. I don't trust him to make yet another coaching hire.


    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 101,246, Level: 99
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    HiltonMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    101,246
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 46

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    This....deal with it.
    Why must we 'deal with' this kind of ********?


    Don't confuse hope for a plan.

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 15,065, Level: 37
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    zmanzbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    664
    Points
    15,065
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    No move is going to be made this year.

    This is depressing.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 36,104, Level: 58
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,554
    Points
    36,104
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 43

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    This....deal with it.

    Exactly. Deal with that fact of having more money to enjoy football, wrestling and womens basketball. I'm good with that.



  15. #15
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CTAClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    9,218
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYEATHAWK View Post
    Exactly. Deal with that fact of having more money to enjoy football, wrestling and womens basketball. I'm good with that.
    Worst mentality on the site.


    "If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM