Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Nebraska Girls Tournament

I'm planning on seeing the Seward game tonight. Focus will be Emily Cady 6-2 junior with reported offers from Nebraska, KSU, ISU and others. I know she will not have the numbers she might otherwise because she has great team mates, including Alyssa Kamphaus, 6-4 senior center/shot putter-discuss thrower headed to Creighton. This write-up from Wisconsin makes me think Cady is a better match for ISU.

6-2 wing, Seward, Neb.
    “She’s got great length, great athletic ability, can handle the ball and shoot the 3. She’s very versatile. I see her playing the 3 or 4 spot in college. About the entire Big 12 and Big Ten are interested in her. She wants to stay within nine or 10 hours from home, so Wisconsin is in that range. Emily is the type of player that anyone she’d be interested in would be interested in her. I could call up just about any program in the country and tell them that Emily is interested in them and they would probably recruit her.
    “Her biggest thing is she wants to go to a program with hard-working kids who work as a team and have been successful. She’s a competitive kid, she likes to win. But bottom line is she wants to surround herself with players and coaches that have great work ethic, great character and play hard. Emily is still interested in Wisconsin. They seem to have the type of players that Emily is similar to and the way they play the game is similar to how Emily plays the game.”
    — Dan Lesoing, Cornhusker Shooting Stars, Cady’s AAU program.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Nebraska Girls Tournament

She sounds like a good player with good values, but as someone remarked earlier, it is going to be hard to recruit any Nebraska kid this year, and probably next, given the way the Huskers have played this year.

All-Star
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 21

Unless Connie has a stellar class next year, I see a huge drop off at NU. They lose 57 points a game from their starters, and two of the top three reserves are seniors. Connie has yet to prove she can bring in top flight talent on a consistent basis. As BF says this was the perfect storm for her with Griffin back in her 5th year. I see them falling back into their 8-12 spot in the standings. Meanwhile, there is a huge upside for us, and Cady would come in after Kelsey graduates and have a good shot to play right away.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Back from the game - Seward won 46-23, the overmatched opponent slowed the game from the beginning - another good argument for a shot clock. The nature of the game gave little opportunity or need to perform. Cady scored 9, a couple of good drives through traffic, a three and a put-back. She brought the ball up against a press and showed some length on a couple of boards. She's definitely D-1 - couldn't say more from what I've seen, but, her ratings are excellent. My information is that she is still available and not a given for Nebraska and the quote attributed to her club coach suggests she's our kind of kid. I scanned the crowd, may have missed someone but the only coach I saw was Yori who stayed less than a half.

Emily Cady - College Basketball Recruiting 2011 - ESPN

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

From Jodi Steyer's tweets it would match up with the times of the games and they said that she returned home at 2:15am so that would be about right.

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Who was the last player we got from the state of Neb.? I think it was Brittany Wilkins or Katie Robinette, who transferred, if I recall rightly, from Neb.

All-Star
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

BF is the best Women's College Basketball Coach in America. Reading Cady's description of the program that she wants to play for.... it has Iowa State written all over it.

No disrespect to Connie Yori, NU is having a great year, but has Nebraska had the same level of success that BF has had? This is a rebuilding year and we are at least a 4 Seed in the Big 12 Tournament after getting to the Elite 8 last year.

Plus with all the returning players next year? She would be a nice addition.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Hey, if you want to see her play - today at 1:30 PBS has a live stream. Seward is a hell of a team and fun to watch... going for 50 in a row

Just click on the "live webcast" and you're in

LINK