Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 185,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,384
    Points
    185,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

  2. #2
    Prospect
    Points: 5,273, Level: 21
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32
    Points
    5,273
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    $$$$$$$

    You think Callaret's deal a few years ago was really an isolated incedent?



  3. #3
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    My guess is booster money to the recruits. It seems to be a common theme at tOSU.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 185,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,384
    Points
    185,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Haha they didnt get a SF! Only a 5 star PG, SG, PF and C



  5. #5
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    isu_bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    550
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    I've always had the inkling of dirty work at OSU....

    Wait, it's not an inkling. They are dirty.





  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 185,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,384
    Points
    185,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Its pretty apparent that their slap on the wrist for recruiting violations in the past hasnt changed much.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 95,095, Level: 96
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,697
    Points
    95,095
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Oh come on, Thad Matta is a heck of a recruiter. He got Oden and Conley last year. If you can land the country's top recruit it sure will help you in future classes. Plus making the championship is not going to hurt either...



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 185,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,384
    Points
    185,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    What makes him a good recruiter if you think he is?



  9. #9
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Oh come on, Thad Matta is a heck of a recruiter. He got Oden and Conley last year. If you can land the country's top recruit it sure will help you in future classes. Plus making the championship is not going to hurt either...
    Yes, he may be a good recruiter. That doesn't change the fact that boosters from tOSU are commonly found visiting with recruits and things of such ilk.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 95,095, Level: 96
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,697
    Points
    95,095
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    OSU has a large athletic budget, big fan base, nice facilities and a great coach. Why wouldn't a top recruit at least consider going there?

    You can play the boosters card all you want but I'm sure that stuff happens at some level even here at ISU as it does at other schools. I just mark this down as a jealous post. I'd love to get a recruiting class like that too but don't you think that people at other schools would say the same thing about us as you guys are "oh they have to be paying these kids under the table to have that good of a class."



  11. #11
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    OSU has a large athletic budget, big fan base, nice facilities and a great coach. Why wouldn't a top recruit at least consider going there?

    You can play the boosters card all you want but I'm sure that stuff happens at some level even here at ISU as it does at other schools. I just mark this down as a jealous post. I'd love to get a recruiting class like that too but don't you think that people at other schools would say the same thing about us as you guys are "oh they have to be paying these kids under the table to have that good of a class."
    "Some level" and "at the same level" are two completely different things. I'm not saying that haven't earned getting to the level they are at, just that there is a lot of murmuring about booster/recruit interaction throughout the year for all sports at tOSU. If it happened at ISU, I wouldn't really feel good about the class if I knew we had to bend/break rules to get that class.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 95,095, Level: 96
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,697
    Points
    95,095
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Until any violations happen as far as any of us know they play by the rules just like the rest of us. You can rumor all you want on this but the fact is the same crap would be said about us probably if we landed a class like that and you would all be here defending the integrity of the program just like OSU fans would do if they read some of this stuff.

    Sorry but for some reason this thread just hit a nerve because I hate when people try to downgrade other school's success and acuse them of being dirty when they have no solid, fool-proof evidence to back it up.



  13. #13
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Sorry but for some reason this thread just hit a nerve because I hate when people try to downgrade other school's success and acuse them of being dirty when they have no solid, fool-proof evidence to back it up.
    Just out of curiousity, how are you going to have that kind of evidence for boosters talking to a recruit? The recruit sure as heck isn't going to come forward with that kind of information.

    Look, I'm not saying they can't get a class like that, just that it is rumored an awful lot about tOSU. I don't hear much about the Aggies or Texas doing it... What that means, I don't know. I just know that tOSU is more linked to booster/recruit interaction more than pretty much any other school.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  14. #14
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CTAClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    9,218
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Until any violations happen as far as any of us know they play by the rules just like the rest of us. You can rumor all you want on this but the fact is the same crap would be said about us probably if we landed a class like that and you would all be here defending the integrity of the program just like OSU fans would do if they read some of this stuff.

    Sorry but for some reason this thread just hit a nerve because I hate when people try to downgrade other school's success and acuse them of being dirty when they have no solid, fool-proof evidence to back it up.
    Well Said.


    "If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 40,042, Level: 61
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,479
    Points
    40,042
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: How does OSU do it?

    It also doesn't hurt that the athletes at Ohio State are treated like gods. I've heard stories of kids at the dining halls eating their dinner on the floor so the football players could sit in the seats.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM