Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

The "common theme"

first time i even heard the post game show comments and when GMAC says that "they havn't been able to find a common theme to the close losses."

I KNOW THE COMMON THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE IOWA STATE!!!!!!

I feel like we are somewhat doomed to eternal hellfire... i mean i think the football team broke the curse when we beat ASU because honestly normally in that position we were in minnesota would ran the ball down kicked a FG and won the game. But then the unthinkable happened. earlier in the FB season we had our "We are Iowa State" moment at the KSU game... i mean when have you ever seen a team get a field goal blocked to lose the game... The cyclones have alot in the common with the cubs in some cases.

As for basketball there has yet to be that special game. I mean we havn't a real "upset" in the GMAC era. We have been close... very close in some cases. But i cant deny that just like last night when mizzou had the ball I had more belief that they would make a shot to win as opposed to us stopping them. and was it because i think our defense is lacking? NO... it was because I am a Iowa State fan and with mens basketball in recent years Ive become accustomed to getting kicked in the nuts.

Like I always say. I love my cyclones and I love my cyclone coaches. I am still on the GMAC train. I feel for the guy with all the nut kicks he has recieved him self with players leaving (LUCCA, WES) and underperforming (BRACKINS).

I really look forward to the days of old with MBB and i can throw away my nut-cup once and for all!!!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 23

Re: The "common theme"

I feel exactly the same way. I feel like that baby in your sig

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

The common theme is terribly obvious to me. Bad decisions. From terrible shot selection at the end of UNI and NW to Scotty's decision to make a tough pass in traffic last night. Call it lack of b'ball IQ if you want. But it boils down to bad decisions.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cy1010 View Post
    The common theme is terribly obvious to me. Bad decisions. From terrible shot selection at the end of UNI and NW to Scotty's decision to make a tough pass in traffic last night. Call it lack of b'ball IQ if you want. But it boils down to bad decisions.

I understand what you are saying.

The problem is where is the direction coming from. Do these guys practice without any coaches present?

Of course they don't. But I see a lot of people blaming the players (along with the fans, and the fact that Iowa State is the ********* job in the history of college basketball), and continually talking about the low basketball IQ.

I can see their point, but you would think that as long as they have been playing, the knowledge would be there. Other teams that we play seem to learn from their mistakes, and can make adjustments. So why can't we, where is the direction coming from?