Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    The Bronze tonight goes to the college football conference, the Big Ten, it is withholding comment after one of its referees James Filson sued, claiming he was fired by the league because he only has one eye. Filson lost the other one in an accident nearly six years ago. He says he had gotten the full support of the Big Ten in the ensuing years and had even refereed without incident ever since. Then been assigned to referee the Orange Bowl game. So what happened here? He says he was told one of the league's coaches, Lloyd Carr of Michigan, learned that the controversial had a one-eyed referee and complained. Given the lackluster quality of football refereeing the last few years at all levels, it sounds like this guy should have gotten not a pink slip, but a raise.

From MSNBC Countdown with Keith Oberman

From July 18, 2006 show

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13938750/

The Republicans and Democrats fighting over who should pay for the deficit, is like two drunks on the Titanic arguing over who should pay the bar tab.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    thats bs, anything ever happen to all those outback refs?

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 11&#58;09 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> thats bs, anything ever happen to all those outback refs? [/b][/quote]

yes...I sent a box of chocolate treats and a guiness to each one. long live the outback zebras&#33;

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I dont know why Iowa fans get so bent out of shape about it. They had 3 quarters before that point to beat them. Nobody said they were gonna score if they did recover the onside. This Outback bowl reminds me of Steve Bartman. Both Cubs and Iowa are gonna bring this up for years. Point the fingers everywhere else. Well technically when you point with your index finger, 3 fingers are pointing back at you.

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    If the Big T11EN can fire someone for having one eye, could the Big XII fire some for being incompitent?

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 12&#58;17 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I dont know why Iowa fans get so bent out of shape about it. They had 3 quarters before that point to beat them. Nobody said they were gonna score if they did recover the onside. This Outback bowl reminds me of Steve Bartman. Both Cubs and Iowa are gonna bring this up for years. Point the fingers everywhere else. Well technically when you point with your index finger, 3 fingers are pointing back at you. [/b][/quote]

Iowa DID get hosed in that game by the refs. Hey I hate them (when they are playing us) but I don&#39;t blame them for being POed cause they did get screwed ALL game long. If you are any type of football fan you could see that. It was more than just the last play (onside kick). There were several calls that if they went against us we&#39;d be screaming just as bad as Iowa fans. I always pull for Iowa when thay are not playing us, but to say they didn&#39;t get hosed in that game is just stupid.

I just hope those refs NEVER ref one of our bowl games.