Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

OT: saw this on you tube (soldier related)

If u know any1 in the military or know any1 overseas, or just support teh troops that are over there, this is a great video..

this first link is bigger screen

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...P5-&autoplay=b

this one is regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervaM...26autoplay%3Db

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Giving it a go
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

Re: OT: saw this on you tube (soldier related)

I can't say this enough. Thanks to those that are currently serving and those who have served in the past.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I can't say this enough. Thanks to those that are currently serving and those who have served in the past.
    I agree. I cannot thank these soldiers enough for what they do, have done, and will do in the future for our country.

However, I did find the photos of the funerals to be a little bit distasteful. I don't care if the message is pro/anti war/soldiers, it seems disrespectful to be showing grieving families to get your message across.

I can't thank those men and women enough for what they are doing over in Iraq right now, even though I don't think they should be there anymore. God bless those individuals that are over there, and those who have been there, and those who have served the military in any way, shape and/or form in the past.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

what i got out of it, is dont forget the soldiers, before joing the Guard i really didnt think much about it, but since i have joined and my step dad went over there, it gave me a completely different view on everything

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

what i got out of it, is dont forget the soldiers
    I know that was the intention. However, it was more tastefully done in the minutes leading up to and after the funeral shots. To me, it seems a little disrespectful to the soldiers and their families. Whenever you see soldier's caskets/funerals, it tends to implicitly state "these people are dying for you, feel bad if you aren't there as well." I'm not saying that was an intention, just that that is an implied statement, no matter when it's used. It tends to be used as a guilt-trip maneuver to the viewer. That's how it seems disrespectful to show that.

I just thought the most effective photos were those with the soldiers reuniting with their loved ones after a tour.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,567
    Given: 751

Thank you for posting that. I don't believe that showing the pictures of the soldier's funerals and their family's grieving is meant to be a guilt trip. It's a reality trip. Meanwhile, our politicians and activists are squabbling about how just the war is, comparing it to Vietnam, highlighting the scandals, trying to score political points for their own world view. The reality is, that our soldiers and their families have given up so much, including their lives, and the lives of their loved ones, for a mission that they understand and for the country that they love.

I've had three friends in Iraq with the National Guard, and my cousin was there with the Marines, and every single one of them has been disgusted by the media coverage. They have all said that watching the news is so far from the reality on the ground that it makes them furious. My cousin told us how hard it was dealing with the reporters, because they would make statements and asking leading questions to get them to say something that would make it sound like they felt they shouldn't be there.

Whether you like the message or not, I think it is trying to tell us how the average soldier feels. They want us to support them. They want to be remembered. They want to be given credit for what they are doing, what they are giving up, and what they are going through. They want people to drop the political BS and remember that we are fighting a war.

They are heroes, and God bless them for all that they have done.

Rookie
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 537
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post

They are heroes, and God bless them for all that they have done.[/COLOR]
    Yes. That says it all.

Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

makes everything we do here mean so little, compared to there

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I don't believe that showing the pictures of the soldier's funerals and their family's grieving is meant to be a guilt trip. It's a reality trip. Meanwhile, our politicians and activists are squabbling about how just the war is, comparing it to Vietnam, highlighting the scandals, trying to score political points for their own world view. The reality is, that our soldiers and their families have given up so much, including their lives, and the lives of their loved ones, for a mission that they understand and for the country that they love.

I've had three friends in Iraq with the National Guard, and my cousin was there with the Marines, and every single one of them has been disgusted by the media coverage. They have all said that watching the news is so far from the reality on the ground that it makes them furious. My cousin told us how hard it was dealing with the reporters, because they would make statements and asking leading questions to get them to say something that would make it sound like they felt they shouldn't be there.

Whether you like the message or not, I think it is trying to tell us how the average soldier feels. They want us to support them. They want to be remembered. They want to be given credit for what they are doing, what they are giving up, and what they are going through. They want people to drop the political BS and remember that we are fighting a war.

They are heroes, and God bless them for all that they have done.

that is 100% true

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

omg... i just found out that this video was made by an 11 year old girl...that is amazing..

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    omg... i just found out that this video was made by an 11 year old girl...that is amazing..
    Well, she has a hell of a future in filmography and photography.