UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 7,475, Level: 25
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    isufox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Aurora, OH
    Posts
    37
    Points
    7,475
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Probably need to win out and get deep in tourney for him to change us from a #4 seed. Still has A&M and Oklahoma as #3's.

    Bracketology - Women's College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 33,636, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,558
    Points
    33,636
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 2

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Just looking at the teams ahead of them - I do not think that we can get the #2 seed even if we win out. I think we will need to win out and get some help. I do think the #3 seed is ours by winning out. No way to miss out on that.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 42,679, Level: 63
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    42,679
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 35

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYGREG View Post
    Just looking at the teams ahead of them - I do not think that we can get the #2 seed even if we win out. I think we will need to win out and get some help. I do think the #3 seed is ours by winning out. No way to miss out on that.
    A 3 seed is more plausible, and quite frankly, I feel ISU is there, but the weak non-con is holding us back a little, and ISU needs a win tonight, Saturday, and two wins in KC to get to a 3 seed. A loss tonight, and winning the Big 12 tourney might do too. The selection tourney is chaired by Iowa this year, and finishing strong matters, and the selection committee will be watching to see what happens in KC. Also, Iowa winning a couple more games would help our RPI as well as give us a top 50 win. Were competing with OU and A&M for 3 seeds, so we must beat one or both of them in the tourney to make our point. A loss by Xavier in the A10 tourney would be nice too.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 280,049, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,497
    Points
    280,049
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,318
    Given: 270

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    If ISU got a 3 seed, would they bring Iowa to Ames as the 11 seed?



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 51,071, Level: 69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,071
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    I'm fine with the 4 (would love a 3) but I just want to not be in UCONN's Bracket.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,336, Level: 65
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,430
    Points
    44,336
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    I'm fine with the 4 (would love a 3) but I just want to not be in UCONN's Bracket.
    I really don't think there s a chance in hell UCONN comes to Ames because that would raise all sorts of problems.. thought it was bad when Rutgers had to play us in Des Moines... my thoughts are the NCAA won't make UCONN go into one of the most hostile places in the nation and risk the streak.. last time Iowa State played UCONN in the tourney UCONN went home


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 120,124, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,080
    Points
    120,124
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 244

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    I really don't think there s a chance in hell UCONN comes to Ames because that would raise all sorts of problems.. thought it was bad when Rutgers had to play us in Des Moines... my thoughts are the NCAA won't make UCONN go into one of the most hostile places in the nation and risk the streak.. last time Iowa State played UCONN in the tourney UCONN went home
    I think he meant by UConn's "bracket" he meant their regional. Since we only play the first two rounds at Hilton, there's no way UConn would be here anyway, as high-seeded teams like UConn (1) and ISU (3 or 4) would not meet that early.
    At Wells Fargo, we were seeded much lower, and thus had to play a highly-seeded team like Rutgers in the second round.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 213,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,898
    Points
    213,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 428

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Are the first two rounds for sure assigned to specific regionals or are those pairings fluid?



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,336, Level: 65
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,430
    Points
    44,336
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    my mistake i looked at the bracket wrong


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 128,054, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,775
    Points
    128,054
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 0

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Are the first two rounds for sure assigned to specific regionals or are those pairings fluid?
    Nothing is paired to anything right now, other than the four seed numbers that will play in the same location.

    The #1 seeds are usually placed in the regions closest to home, though, so you can assume that UConn will be in the Dayton region, Nebraska in KC, Stanford in Sacramento, and Notre Dame/Tennessee in Memphis.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 271,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,697
    Points
    271,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 979

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Nothing is paired to anything right now, other than the four seed numbers that will play in the same location.

    The #1 seeds are usually placed in the regions closest to home, though, so you can assume that UConn will be in the Dayton region, Nebraska in KC, Stanford in Sacramento, and Notre Dame/Tennessee in Memphis.
    Based on the seeding it is very likely that ISU could end up in the same bracket with the Fuskers. Sure seems like that would be the bracket we want to be in if we are planning a trip to the Final Four this year. I think Nebraska would be the team we would most likely knock off of the potential #1 seeds.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 213,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,898
    Points
    213,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 428

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Nothing is paired to anything right now, other than the four seed numbers that will play in the same location.

    The #1 seeds are usually placed in the regions closest to home, though, so you can assume that UConn will be in the Dayton region, Nebraska in KC, Stanford in Sacramento, and Notre Dame/Tennessee in Memphis.
    This is what I was getting at. We're not officially in the Dayton region, that was just Creme's best guess, correct? I'd be ok with a 4 if we got moved into the Memphis or KC regions.


    Last edited by MNCyGuy; 03-03-2010 at 03:49 PM.

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 128,054, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,775
    Points
    128,054
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 0

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Based on the seeding it is very likely that ISU could end up in the same bracket with the Fuskers. Sure seems like that would be the bracket we want to be in if we are planning a trip to the Final Four this year. I think Nebraska would be the team we would most likely knock off of the potential #1 seeds.
    ISU has to be a #3 to be allowed in Nebraska's region. Conference teams cannot meet before the regional final.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 128,054, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,775
    Points
    128,054
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 0

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    This is what I was getting at. We're not officially in the Dayton region, that was just Creme's best guess, correct? I'd be ok with a 4 if we got moved into the Memphis or KC regions.
    Correct. The new collegerpi.com bracket has ISU as the #4 in Sacramento (opposite #1 Stanford).



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 271,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,697
    Points
    271,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 979

    Re: UPDATED on 3/1: Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    ISU has to be a #3 to be allowed in Nebraska's region. Conference teams cannot meet before the regional final.
    Then a #3 we shall be. I think this team can run the table and then run the table in Hilton South. God knows they will have the largest group of fans down in KC.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM