Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Kentucky had to report violations due to there fans. I did not even know this was against the rules. I have never did it and don't know how my Space works but this is dangerous type of stuff trying to get recruits.. Here is the link...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...s.ap/index.html

Clones Rule

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 91
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cyclonedrew &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 7&#58;53 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Kentucky had to report violations due to there fans. I did not even know this was against the rules. I have never did it and don&#39;t know how my Space works but this is dangerous type of stuff trying to get recruits.. Here is the link...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...s.ap/index.html

[/b][/quote]

that is one ugly can of worms..... Thoughts are racing through my head as to all the things that can go wrong for any school, whether by fans or rivalries....... I believe we will see more of this type of thing.

But I also think the NCAA needs to better address the ease of communication (medium) we see in front of our eyes and on our monitors.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 19
    How different is that from fans on a message board begging and pleading for a certain player to come to their school. Ive seen that on almost every different team message board ive been to. What is stoping a potential player from coming on here as opposed to MySpace?

#BEATIOWA

All-Star
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    I never knew that either... not that I&#39;ve ever made contact with potential recruits... it almost boarders an infringement of freedom of speech. "Sorry person X, you can&#39;t talk to person Y because he&#39;s going to play basketball in college." Unless fans are promising gifts or any sort of offering... which is completely different than saying "I&#39;d be awesome if you came to our school"... then this is one of the most rediculous rules I&#39;ve ever seen.

Plus you can&#39;t prove someone&#39;s a fan of a certain school anyway... I could go out and buy hawk gear and then post on some recruit&#39;s website and beg for them to join the hawks just to get them in trouble... even if they went and said... "but he goes to ISU" I could claim that I really wanted to be a hawkeye but my parents said they wouldn&#39;t support me financially if I chose to throw away my life by going to school there... and thus I had no choice.

Point in case... you have no way of proving who is a fan of what school... so basically the rule as I understand it... is nobody but people involved in the recruiting process can talk to a recruit until they decide on a school. Better shut the kid off from friends and family as they are likely fans of different schools too... stupid rule.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    thats ridicolous, theres so many rules and regulations now, what happened to just playing the game.

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    that is absolutely absurd i know i have had buddies that were getting recruited by a lot of schools and for me not to be able to say ISU is a great school you should think about going there as a fan or a friend is ridiculous

dan k

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 124
    ESPN also made a big deal about this story. Many athletes are on my space. If I read this right, this also means Clonite fans could beg people to go to EIU on the potential recruit myspace website. Could be interesting counter sabotage tool against your competition. Now we can expect many copycats. We might want to check out just who is on myspace for 2006/07.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    A better rule would be that althetes who intend to be NCAA players shouldn&#39;t have myspace profiles or other "public" methods for fans, boosters, etc. to be able to contact them directly. I say this because I don&#39;t see how you can enforce the other direction. Like all others are pointing out, what is to stop rival schools from sabotage? The whole thing is really stupid.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Starter
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5
    It&#39;s enough to make a guy want to change his moniker to &#39;BigHawkeyeFan99&#39; and start hitting every high school prospect site he could find with messages like "Come to Iowa City and i&#39;ll buy you a car"

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

"It's just another gym" -- Jamaal Tinsley, on playing at Phog Allen Fieldhouse