Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

Big 12 Tourney discussion

Just been playing around with MReds tourney generator, and it has occurred to me, we really want the 2 seed. 3 would be okay, but the 3 seed will likely have to play Baylor or A&M, where the 2 seed gets the 7 seed OSU/Texas Tech.

Also, I like the idea of OU getting the 3 seed. I think we match up with them better than against Texas or A&M. Though an A&M match-up will make for some revenge factor for the game earlier this year. Just a little fearful of playing Texas as that OT loss really stung for them.

Whoever wins is going to have to win three tough tough games.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

Re: Big 12 Tourney discussion

I was doing the same thing the other day. It doesn't take long to realize that no matter who we get in the second round it'll be TOUGH. The B12 tourney will be an absolute war.

Btw, I largely agree with your thoughts on the best matchups. Our upcoming game against OSU will tell us plenty.

I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

All-Star
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

We are a likely 2, but, if we stumble at OSU and OU wins out, the Sooners will get it. At this late point in the season, 2 through 7 are undecided and have a lot of possibilities. We were so uncompetitive against A&M I don't know what to expect if we meet them again.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Just been playing around with MReds tourney generator, and it has occurred to me, we really want the 2 seed. 3 would be okay, but the 3 seed will likely have to play Baylor or A&M, where the 2 seed gets the 7 seed OSU/Texas Tech.

Also, I like the idea of OU getting the 3 seed. I think we match up with them better than against Texas or A&M. Though an A&M match-up will make for some revenge factor for the game earlier this year. Just a little fearful of playing Texas as that OT loss really stung for them.

Whoever wins is going to have to win three tough tough games.
    I actually don't want us to win the Big XII tourney. Recent history shows that there is a burn-out factor when the NCAA's start the week after.
    Baylor won the it last year, then looked awful in the NCAA's, winning in overtime over Texas-SA, barely beating South Dakota St., and then getting pounded by Lousiville.
    Okie State won the year before, but did not look good either in the NCAA's.
    OU won the Big XII tournament the year before that, and was then upset by Ole Miss in the Sweet Sixteen.
    The NCAA's are much more important, so I hope we're gearing for that instead.