Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 17

Brackins.....

is getting close to being the 6th player to score 1500 points and get 700 rebounds in his Iowa State career. He needs 22 points and 1 rebound. He would join Zaid Abdul-Aziz, Jeff Grayer, Victor Alexander, Fred Hoiberg, and Marcus Fizer as the only players to do that in school history. Obviously, Fizer and Craig would be doing it in 3 years. Not sure at what point the other 4 did it (I think during the time that Abdul-Aziz played freshman didn't play varsity, but I'm not sure).

Craig has taken a lot of crap on these message boards this year. Some of it has been somewhat valid. Some has been very misguided. But this goes to show that Craig is one of the better players we've had here.

Finally, it is likely that he will be playing his last game at Hilton on Tuesday. So if you have tickets (and students I'm looking at you), SHOW UP. Take 3 hours and come out to the game. He did something that most of us wouldn't do (although we are Iowa State fans) by coming back this year. So it would be nice to send him off in a good way.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Brackins.....

I hope he gets some kind of recognition because I think you're right about this being his last game at Hilton.

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 20

He'll be back next year. Just my guess. But, I agree to show up for the whole team's last game in hilton this season.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 652

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    is getting close to being the 6th player to score 1500 points and get 700 rebounds in his Iowa State career. He needs 22 points and 1 rebound. He would join Zaid Abdul-Aziz, Jeff Grayer, Victor Alexander, Fred Hoiberg, and Marcus Fizer as the only players to do that in school history. Obviously, Fizer and Craig would be doing it in 3 years. Not sure at what point the other 4 did it (I think during the time that Abdul-Aziz played freshman didn't play varsity, but I'm not sure).

Craig has taken a lot of crap on these message boards this year. Some of it has been somewhat valid. Some has been very misguided. But this goes to show that Craig is one of the better players we've had here.

Finally, it is likely that he will be playing his last game at Hilton on Tuesday. So if you have tickets (and students I'm looking at you), SHOW UP. Take 3 hours and come out to the game. He did something that most of us wouldn't do (although we are Iowa State fans) by coming back this year. So it would be nice to send him off in a good way.
    If the students don't show are you going to hold it over their heads like you promised?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 9

I wish him the best, but it would be nice to see him back next year. Hopefully his draft stock will remain high.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    If the students don't show are you going to hold it over there heads like you promised?

What I don't get is why wouldn't the students show up. It takes what 5 minutes to get there? Then you sit in front of a basketball game for 2 hours. The horrors! I drive an hour to get to the games. My brother drives 2.5 hours each way.

I just think it would be nice to have a good crowd at the game. The season has been a disappointment, but we have had a team who hasn't given up all year and who has worked pretty darn hard. And we have a player who turned turned down the chance at millions of dollars to come back to Ames.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    What I don't get is why wouldn't the students show up. It takes what 5 minutes to get there? Then you sit in front of a basketball game for 2 hours. The horrors! I drive an hour to get to the games. My brother drives 2.5 hours each way.

I just think it would be nice to have a good crowd at the game. The season has been a disappointment, but we have had a team who hasn't given up all year and who has worked pretty darn hard. And we have a player who turned turned down the chance at millions of dollars to come back to Ames.
    Hey... I agree with you but I think it is a little much to single out the students. Sure the student section hasn't been full the last few games but why aren't you also yelling at the fans that didn't fill the other 8,000+ empty seats?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Hey... I agree with you but I think it is a little much to single out the students. Sure the student section hasn't been full the last few games but why aren't you also yelling at the fans that didn't fill the other 8,000+ empty seats?
    True....EVERYONE should show up. But the students have the easiest way to do it. Easy :)

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Too bad the game's on a Tueday night. If it were a weekend I think it would be pretty full.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Your not very good at math are you? The last game there was roughly 8 to 9 K there. That means 5 to 6K empty seats. The student section was a 1/3 full. Now I know that kids today like to be on facebook just to see if some chick pokes them but it is sad when students don't do a better job showing up to games when they attend the University. Don't get me wrong, it's not all on the students, but I think they have a lower % of attendance than the average fan does AND they don't have to drive to get there

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 6

If the students don't show are you going to hold it over their heads like you promised?

no...I think she was going to hold everyone accountable once Greg turns this toboggan to hell around.

Last edited by Palmer; 02-26-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Carrying the banner for ISU.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Your not very good at math are you? The last game there was roughly 8 to 9 K there. That means 5 to 6K empty seats. The student section was a 1/3 full. Now I know that kids today like to be on facebook just to see if some chick pokes them but it is sad when students don't do a better job showing up to games when they attend the University. Don't get me wrong, it's not all on the students, but I think they have a lower % of attendance than the average fan does AND they don't have to drive to get there
    I am pretty sure the attendance at the last game was up for debate.

Prospect
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Congrats to Craig. You are correct that Zaid (Don Smith) was not allowed to play varsity as a freshman. So his records were attained in 3 years.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    no...I think he was going to hold everyone accountable once Greg turns this toboggan to hell around.

First of all, I'm a 'she'.

Second, I just think that the fans owe Craig some thanks for playing here. He's done nothing be represent the university with a lot of class for 3 years. He's helped to make the last couple years a little more fun even if we haven't won as much as we all had hoped.

Legend
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 863
    Given: 1,724

I had to drive to get to campus all 4.5 years I was an undergrad. I lived off campus and the only bus had a downtown transfer and limited hours.

Be that as it may, I think everyone should still be supporting this team. However, I would still rather see people not show up than come and boo or other low class crap like that.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr