Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 15

iTunes help

I'm having a problem with my iTunes/iPod. When I plug in my iPod to synch it, I am getting a message that I need to authorize my computer in order to get the music I've purchased on iTunes on my iPod. I enter my password and then an error message comes up.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? This isn't a new computer or anything, I've had it for about a year with no problems until recently. Should I de-authorize and then reauthorize it?

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 750
    Given: 3,005

Re: iTunes help

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    I'm having a problem with my iTunes/iPod. When I plug in my iPod to synch it, I am getting a message that I need to authorize my computer in order to get the music I've purchased on iTunes on my iPod. I enter my password and then an error message comes up.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? This isn't a new computer or anything, I've had it for about a year with no problems until recently. Should I de-authorize and then reauthorize it?
    Yeah, I'd probably deauthorize and then reauthorize. You also may want to check and make sure you can still log into Apple's site with the username/password you're using - if it's changed, that could be the problem.

M 7/09

Walk On
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: iTunes help

I had the same problem, I kept getting those messages but I was still able to get into my account. You probably just need to unauthorize and then reauthorize. I had too many computers authorized to use my music. So go into your account scroll down you should see where you can authorize computers to use it click on that and that should take care of it.