Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dorm Stories

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Dorm Stories

Anybody have any old stories of life in the dorms back in the day? I know my uncles told me they used to have keggers in the dorms way back when.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Dorm Stories

We couldn't have kegs last year but we had our fair share of partying. We lived right next door to the CA and only got busted 2 times all year. It was a great room to live in if you didn't care about school work. If you needed to get homework done then I feel sorry for you.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Rum Night every Thursday.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

What dorm was it and what dorms do you think are the party places? I originally wanted to live in Friley but living in MWL has been a lot better because so many people here get down on the weekends.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

My first year at the towers, you could have keggers on the floors and we also would fill up garbage containers with koolaid, punch and everclear. Kegger parties on the floor were AWESOME. I lived on the Gilman ZOO which was 5th floor of Wallace and was the wildest floor in the dormitory system at that time. The year before I got there, the floor was disbanded because a couple guys brought their motorcycles up on the elevator and had drag races down the hall way. Destroyed the carpet and all. I could tell some wicked stories about dormitory life. It was awesome.

I don't know if they do it now anymore, but we used to have floor presidents, vice presidents, treasurer's, secretary and would have floor meetings every week. We had this plastic elephant that would be handed out during floor meetings for doing to craziest thing during the week. When you won that, you got stripped down to your underwear, duct taped your wrists and ankles, stuck in a matress cover and we would deliver you down to one of the first 3 floors which were womens floors and let you get out and leave during their floor meetings(which were always between the elevators). Would probably be hazing now I suppose.

We also used to take the garbage containers used for the everclear punch parties, fill them with water and then tip them so when the elevator door closed, it would hold it until the door opened. Then we would punch a floor number where we knew they were having a floor meeting. The door would open and they would all be subject to a mini-Tsunami. Hilarious.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I only lived in the dorms for my freshman year and it was terrible. Somehow I got put on a floor with 4 freshman and the rest were juniors and seniors. These guys rarely left their rooms and would crap their pants if a girl even looked at them. On my first day I was ready to rock and roll so I went up and down the halls trying to meet people and find out when the party was. What I found was a bunch of ****** bags playing Nintendo and acting annoyed that I didn't want to do the same thing. I spent the next year everywhere else except my dorm floor. I was there to sleep and study. The only good thing was that it was quiet.

Rookie
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

[quote=Cyclonesrule91;116806]When you won that, you got stripped down to your underwear, duct taped your wrists and ankles, stuck in a matress cover and we would deliver you down to one of the first 3 floors which were womens floors and let you get out and leave during their floor meetings

Ah, yes the old "fartsack"

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

My freshman year, I pooped on the porch outside of the "Family Studies" building in the Old RCA Courtyard. It's what was there before that student success building that's there now.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    My freshman year, I pooped on the porch outside of the "Family Studies" building in the Old RCA Courtyard. It's what was there before that student success building that's there now.

You should not tell anyone about this. Seriously, don't tell any one. I would ask a Mod to delete your post if I were you...

Cy Created by MC Doder

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

My Junior year we went to the library to "study" and there was a table at the bottom of the open stairwell you take if you walk straight into the library to go upstairs. There were a bunch of guys sitting there with papers all scattered over the table working on some project or something. I went up to the 4th floor and went to the bathroom and got as much soaking wet toilet paper as I could hold and tossed it over the ledge of the stairwell and 'THHHHHWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Sounded like a shotgun going off. We had guys sitting in the vacinity so they could see it. Soaked everyone at the table from the chest up and a chunk of the toilet paper hit my buddy who was sitting 20 ft away. Man were they ticked off. I had to hide back in the computer desks until I could quit laughing so hard so it wasn't obvious who did it.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The best part of living in Larch is that's where the athletes used to live so I got to play Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 with Fizer once (he was Oddjob) and Tinsley knocked on my friend's door to see if he had a condom he could use.
    My buddy said, "umm, I don't have any but I could probably go find some."
    "yeah, but she's on my bed now."

There's probably too many drunken stories to tell (or remember...) but we were definitely hellraisers.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I just remembered the time we duct taped a guy to a chair and stuck him on the elevators to ride until an RA finally cut him loose.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 299
    Given: 112

We created our own traveling trophy. We bronzed a ******, mounted it on a wood base and awarded it at the weekly house meetings to our honorary ****** of the week. It was truly an honor to be acknowledged by your peers for a job well done.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 28

Knapp hall. Towers was awesome. Drank with our RA, had a kegger, had jungle juice and daiquiri parties, nonstop stupid human drinking tricks... I could tell you much more but I wouldn't want to incriminate myself. :)

I met most of my longterm college friends in towers. Our sophomore year, we all moved out and rented houses. Together we had possibly the biggest party circuit in ames for the next two years (until we turned 21), from Hyland, Sunset, Hunt, and Knapp streets.

I had fun in college.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

During the 1st week of school, our floor (8th floor Rothacker in Wilson) would make the freshmen go on a panty raid to our "sister" floor. One of the guys actually brought back some crotchless panties... Those were the days.

Also remember the jungle juice in the garbage cans. My wife tells of a time when she wanted to avoid drunkenness so she thought she'd play it safe by just eating the fruit. Didn't quite work out like she'd hoped

By the way, does anyone know if Wilson & Wallace will be torn down any time soon? I'd like to be there when they do it...

Last edited by Nedrick; 04-05-2007 at 12:12 PM.