2006 Iowa State football preview
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Just wanted to make sure you all had a chance to see the Big12-fans.com Iowa State football preview. Feel free to comment below.

http://www.big12-fans.com

Walk On
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Well, there's a couple of errors in the article. ISU lost 8 starters on defense, not 7, and ISU can't be 4-0 before starting conference play because we only play three out-of-conference games before we play Texas. Also, he praised ISU for the whole article saying we were a threat to win the North, and then said we won't go bowling? I don't get it, the closing statement seems to be contradictory to the whole article.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,323
    Given: 272
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(melt &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 8&#58;02 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Well, there&#39;s a couple of errors in the article. ISU lost 8 starters on defense, not 7, and ISU can&#39;t be 4-0 before starting conference play because we only play three out-of-conference games before we play Texas. Also, he praised ISU for the whole article saying we were a threat to win the North, and then said we won&#39;t go bowling? I don&#39;t get it, the closing statement seems to be contradictory to the whole article.

[/b][/quote]

I would say that this guy has absoultly no creditbility....so I&#39;m not to worried about it. I think his predictions are the worst that our team could do this year. If he is right on his predictions, this will be the last eyar we see McCarney on the sidelines. I would be surprised if we were 3-5 heading inot our last 4 games, but if, he is saying we would only win 2 of our last 4 games? I dont think with our offence that is even possible, but I guess with Iowa State...you just never know. I still hold strong to my prediction of 8-4&#33;

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 1,536
    he lost my interest (even though I read the whole thing) by continually referring to ISU fans as "Silo worshippers"....

Lame.

and melt, you are right.. it seems conflicting in many areas along with inaccuracies.

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 593
    Given: 365
    It&#39;s all hog-wash. Lets go prove it on the field&#33;

Rookie
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2
    From the same writer regarding nebr preview: "I would certainly expect this Husker squad to fight tooth and nail with Iowa State and Missouri for the division, and likely emerge as the representative in the Big 12 Championship game."

We fight tooth and nail with the eventual division champs but are 3-5 with four games left? That means we would have at least 4 losses in the conf and according to him a probable loss to nebr. I&#39;m not sure of the logic behind this one......

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Are defense wont be that bad. We have a High school all star in Zac Sandvig whose looking to get a little playing time at safety. Also if josh johnson doesnt get many reps at running back we could see him playing some cornerback. We might be rough in the first games. What about USC they lose all there players ever year. Its about dedication and instinct to win. We can handle it.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I dont think we will be seeing Josh Johnson playing anywhere but RB. His recruiting videos are pretty amazing. He has great lower body strength and can stop, start & cut at full speed. Johnson & Arnaud are the recruits that I am most excited about in this class.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    "No one knew which way Nebraska was going, and Missouri and Kansas were, at best unpredictable."

Isn&#39;t that completely redundant? If something is unpredictable, then you don&#39;t know which way it is going. What brilliant writing.

Moron.

And can someone please explain the "Silo worshipper" comments to me? Those don&#39;t seem to fit into any context I&#39;m familiar with. I&#39;ve never heard that before.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUCLONES15 &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 12&#58;32 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I dont think we will be seeing Josh Johnson playing anywhere but RB. His recruiting videos are pretty amazing. He has great lower body strength and can stop, start & cut at full speed.
    [/b][/quote]

I agree. I think we&#39;re pretty "set" at safety. While young, the coaches are very high on the 2-3 new guys filling the safety positions.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 1,536
    will we hear from DASHFANNETWORK about our points???

doubt it. I am ready to let this link and thread ... diiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee.

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    gotta play your best players. It&#39;d be stupid to sit him on the bench, when he could be contributing. Champ Bailey was both a star at Georgia at Wide out and cornerback. You have to think outside of the box.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 1&#58;29 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> gotta play your best players. It&#39;d be stupid to sit him on the bench, when he could be contributing. Champ Bailey was both a star at Georgia at Wide out and cornerback. You have to think outside of the box. [/b][/quote]

It doesn&#39;t quite work like that. In Flynn&#39;s case, it did - beautifly. In other cases, there are players at the position that are actually experienced, good players that fit there.

I can&#39;t see Johnson slipping ahead of the guys at SS or FS. Plus,if he&#39;s such a good running back, he&#39;ll find a way onto the field.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    I agree this writer doesn&#39;t know the ISU team at all. He is going on what others have told him without doing research to any depth.

Silo Worshipers? What does that mean? I&#39;ve never heard that in my life? Is that a slam? I&#39;m not even sure.

He calls Meyer a "once in a lifetime player" for ISU. What was Troy Davis? What about Seneca Wallace? I could go on and on with great players that have played for ISU. With Arnaud and Bates as potential future QBs for this program, I don&#39;t forsee much drop off when we lose our "once in a lifetime player" in Meyer. Thats no knock on Meyer, BTW.

When talking about receivers, he calls Flynn "the burner". Flynn is fast but he wouldn&#39;t be the receiver I would describe as "the burner".

The whole article builds up our offense as being great and how we could win the North and then at the end:

"No bowl game for ISU"...Huh???

All in All, a absolutely terrible article.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Recruit
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I am guaranteeing that SANDVIG does not see the field besides possibly special teams. He is a great athlete and will eventually play, but he is not ready for big twelve. Plus, we have four very talented safeties as it is. Safety might be our deepest position outside of receiver with banks, smith, hunly, and berg. Our dbs will have some bumps and bruises here and there but expect Banks and Smith to make some awsome plays. I&#39;m excited about this group as well as our linebackers.