Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 53

Standhardinger

So we all know he went off on the Clones last night, just add him to the list. But that is not what is bothering me about this guy.

Was at the game last night with my Dad and Son and my Dad leans over and asks me "what is wrong with that number 11, he just looks and moves weird". I hadn't really paid attention yet but after he said that i started watching him when they had the ball and Dad was 100% right. He plays hunched over with his elbows pushed back behind him and moves sporadically, the only comparison I can make is Adam Morrison on crack. But then it finally hit us as to why he looked so weird, it was his FEET. I know it may sound weird and trivial but the guy is 6'8" or 6'9" and literally had like a size 9 shoe on. I am 6'7" and have a size 14. And to make it even funnier he had insanely long fingers and flailed his hands all over the place, I swear his hands were twice as long as his feet. By the beginning of the second half about 10 of us in our area were just dying laughing at his feet especially when he would stand next to Hamilton or Brackins whose feet were twice as big, and even Colvin and Buckley had way bigger feet than him.

I know it is a complete random post and rip on me all you want about it but that guy just weirded me out last night. You don't normally see a guy that tall that looks like he is running on nubs, just wondered if anyone else noticed this last night.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 0

Re: Standhardinger

He was really unorthodox. I think that's one reason he is pretty effective even though I couldn't tell you one thing he's great at doing.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 54

Nubbins...hehe.

Cyclone
    Iowa State became the Cyclones after they leveled Northwestern in 1895. As the Chicago Tribune (9/29/1895) noted:
    'Struck by a Cyclone
    It Comes from Iowa and Devastates Evanston Town'

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

He was definitely a goofy looking dude. Kind of reminds me of a cross between Eduardo Najera/Luis Scola/Dirk

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Legend
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 1,263

Well, he and a couple of his teammates couldn't seem to keep those feet still when they had the ball, but apparently the refs couldn't see the tiny feet and had a hard time calling it...

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Addict
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Well, he and a couple of his teammates couldn't seem to keep those feet still when they had the ball, but apparently the refs couldn't see the tiny feet and had a hard time calling it...
    Normally it seems like we are always on the short end of the stick on the traveling but Nebraska had a ridiculous one close to the baseline in the 2nd half. I couldn't believe that wasn't called.

Legend
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 295

Did he smell like Cabbage?

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Did he smell like Cabbage?
    +1

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Prospect
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

A lot of the Euro players have an unorthodox game. There game is much more of a finesse game, thus you don’t see the muscular, prototypical bodies. I think it makes them somewhat effective here in the states given the right situation, but also have a difficult time in the more physical games. We had one of the best before Euro’s were such a hit, Julius Michalik.

The refs really determine how effective those types of players can be. Last night it played into their favor.

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    So we all know he went off on the Clones last night, just add him to the list. But that is not what is bothering me about this guy.

Was at the game last night with my Dad and Son and my Dad leans over and asks me "what is wrong with that number 11, he just looks and moves weird". I hadn't really paid attention yet but after he said that i started watching him when they had the ball and Dad was 100% right. He plays hunched over with his elbows pushed back behind him and moves sporadically, the only comparison I can make is Adam Morrison on crack. But then it finally hit us as to why he looked so weird, it was his FEET. I know it may sound weird and trivial but the guy is 6'8" or 6'9" and literally had like a size 9 shoe on. I am 6'7" and have a size 14. And to make it even funnier he had insanely long fingers and flailed his hands all over the place, I swear his hands were twice as long as his feet. By the beginning of the second half about 10 of us in our area were just dying laughing at his feet especially when he would stand next to Hamilton or Brackins whose feet were twice as big, and even Colvin and Buckley had way bigger feet than him.

I know it is a complete random post and rip on me all you want about it but that guy just weirded me out last night. You don't normally see a guy that tall that looks like he is running on nubs, just wondered if anyone else noticed this last night.
    I don't see your point. He still scored 25 points and 8 rebounds against us last night and almost singlehandedly beat us.

This reminds me of about two or three years ago on another board when some poster was saying "Corey McIntosh is too small to be in Division 1" literally 4 hours after AJ Abrams, who was much smaller, put up about 30 on us.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
    I don't see your point. He still scored 25 points and 8 rebounds against us last night and almost singlehandedly beat us.

This reminds me of about two or three years ago on another board when some poster was saying "Corey McIntosh is too small to be in Division 1" literally 4 hours after AJ Abrams, who was much smaller, put up about 30 on us.
    It looks like you got a taker, Farmin.

Dude - it's funny. Grow a sense of humor. If you don't see his point, re-read the last sentence of his post. He never said the German couldn't play, he said he had tiny feet. I have to agree as I wear a size 11 and am only 6'.

If you still don't get it start another meltdown thread. You'll get more credits that way anyway.

Edit: I apologize. This was probably a little harsh. It just is a little ridiculous today with people trying to **** in everyone's Cheerios...after a win, no less.

Last edited by VeloClone; 02-25-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Apology

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    It looks like you got a taker, Farmin.

Dude - it's funny. Grow a sense of humor. If you don't see his point, re-read the last sentence of his post. He never said the German couldn't play, he said he had tiny feet. I have to agree as I wear a size 11 and am only 6'.

If you still don't get it start another meltdown thread. You'll get more credits that way anyway.

Edit: I apologize. This was probably a little harsh. It just is a little ridiculous today with people trying to **** in everyone's Cheerios...
    lol...no, I saw the humor in it. I just think it's a little weird to be bashing a guy who had 25 on us last night.

Don't worry, I am just saying...not like I care 100% right now anyway.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 423

You seriously didn't get his point? He has small feet!

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 13

Maybe he has Marfan syndrome. It's what people theorize Abraham Lincoln had.

Marfan syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pro
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 53

lol...no, I saw the humor in it. I just think it's a little weird to be bashing a guy who had 25 on us last night.

Don't worry, I am just saying...not like I care 100% right now anyway.
    We do have a taker.

I don't see how i was bashing the guy. I even commented how he had a career night on us right off the bat. Obviously the guy had a huge night on us, just was wondering if anyone else thought he was one of the more interesting players they have ever seen physically and overall style of play. So would it have been better if I had made the comment about someone who only scored 4 points.

Some really do need to lighten up.