Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 87,119, Level: 91
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,179
    Points
    87,119
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 169

    Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    ...with McDermott, Sanderson, and Chizik, why don't we make an Iowa State ad campaign where we show nothing but all the guys who turned down the university of iowa and have it say "I didn't choose the hawkeyes, why the hell would you?"

    lol, just thought about that today outta nowhere...


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 13,050, Level: 34
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    SlyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Liberty, Iowa
    Posts
    804
    Points
    13,050
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...


    "NOBODY turned us down, we made only one offer, and we got our man."


    Last edited by SlyCy; 04-04-2007 at 11:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    because of two reasons:
    1) No offense, but it's fairly stupid
    2) It would perpetuate Iowa fans that we really do only care about them

    If it was something not funded by the school, I'd be all for it. Anything coming directly from the school, as this would be, is idiotic at best.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    because of two reasons:
    1) No offense, but it's fairly stupid
    2) It would perpetuate Iowa fans that we really do only care about them

    If it was something not funded by the school, I'd be all for it. Anything coming directly from the school, as this would be, is idiotic at best.

    "No offense, but (your idea is) fairly stupid ... (and) .... idiotic at best"


    Now why would he take offense to that?


    Last edited by clones_jer; 04-04-2007 at 11:18 PM.

  5. #5
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Now why would he take offense to that?
    Personally, when someone tells me that my idea is stupid, wouldn't work, I can't do it, I try my damndest to get it done. Anyway, my post pivots from my second point to what you quoted, and tried to morph out of context. Like I said, it would be hilarious as long as the University had nothing to do with it. However, I assumed, as his post implied, that he meant the University should endorse it, which is stupid and idiotic. If a fan, or company were to do it, it would be different. The only reason for that is because "we" collectively do not endorse it via the University, as we do the original "I chose the Cyclones..." spot.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    Personally, when someone tells me that my idea is stupid, wouldn't work, I can't do it, I try my damndest to get it done. Anyway, my post pivots from my second point to what you quoted, and tried to morph out of context. Like I said, it would be hilarious as long as the University had nothing to do with it. However, I assumed, as his post implied, that he meant the University should endorse it, which is stupid and idiotic. If a fan, or company were to do it, it would be different. The only reason for that is because "we" collectively do not endorse it via the University, as we do the original "I chose the Cyclones..." spot.
    yikes! chill dude ... there I edited my post with little laughy faces to reinforce to tone I was typing with ...



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 87,119, Level: 91
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,179
    Points
    87,119
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 169

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Jesus ******, I just put this up as a little joke, quit being so serious you guys...I didn't really mean it should be sponsored by the university. I surely didn't SAY that, and I am sorry if that was implied. It was just a silly little thing that popped into my mind today when I saw a pic of the "I Chose The Cyclones" campaign.


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone4 View Post
    Jesus ******, I just put this up as a little joke, quit being so serious you guys...I didn't really mean it should be sponsored by the university. I surely didn't SAY that, and I am sorry if that was implied. It was just a silly little thing that popped into my mind today when I saw a pic of the "I Chose The Cyclones" campaign.
    its past our bedtimes ... post like crazy - its good times and we only highjack a few posts for personal gain



  9. #9
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    yikes! chill dude ... there I edited my post with little laughy faces to reinforce to tone I was typing with ...
    You've worked with real people before, correct? Nowadays, people will take offense to anything. I could say that "I pray" and then tried to get sued for infringing my beliefs on them.

    All I was saying, was that having the University sponser something like this, would be idiotic at best. I never once said that's his/her intention, just that it was implied by word choice. If it wasn't implied (as s/he states now), then a better word choice would have been "As a parody to...". Sorry if I came/come off cross, but I couldn't tell if meant the "laughy face" or "roll eyes" face with the one you used at first. I've seen that squiggly thing used for both, so I assumed one, and as usual, made an *** out of u and me.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    You've worked with real people before, correct? Nowadays, people will take offense to anything. I could say that \"I pray\" and then tried to get sued for infringing my beliefs on them.

    All I was saying, was that having the University sponser something like this, would be idiotic at best. I never once said that's his/her intention, just that it was implied by word choice. If it wasn't implied (as s/he states now), then a better word choice would have been \"As a parody to...\". Sorry if I came/come off cross, but I couldn't tell if meant the \"laughy face\" or \"roll eyes\" face with the one you used at first. I've seen that squiggly thing used for both, so I assumed one, and as usual, made an *** out of u and me.

    Yeah, I have a response ...

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZPIqwMmvk"]YouTube - Geico News Show Continued[/ame]



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 96,225, Level: 96
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 825
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,199
    Points
    96,225
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Let's don't fight amongst ourselves...Cyclones fans are united!



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 277,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,949
    Points
    277,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    I think the idea is hilarious!



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone4 View Post
    ...with McDermott, Sanderson, and Chizik, why don't we make an Iowa State ad campaign where we show nothing but all the guys who turned down the university of iowa and have it say "I didn't choose the hawkeyes, why the hell would you?"

    lol, just thought about that today outta nowhere...
    Commercial breaks are only 2 minutes. I'm not sure that they could get everyone in before regular programming resumed. Maybe an infomercial would be a better option.

    Before Cyclone62 gets all worked up, I want to clarify that this is only a joke.



  14. #14
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 244,247, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,446
    Points
    244,247
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 823
    Given: 804

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Woah! I think the guy was just having some fun. Lay off him! I laughed!


    @RandomGeoFacts

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 277,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,949
    Points
    277,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Instead of "I Chose The Cyclones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    Woah! I think the guy was just having some fun. Lay off him! I laughed!
    Yeah no crap. I dont think anyone here acctually thinks that this is something Iowa State University would even come close to considering. Knowing that, it was ment as a joke, and a pretty funny one at that!

    Way to be a fun-hater Cyclone62...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM