Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    As some of you know, the Cubs were bought by Tom Ricketts this past fall, and yesterday he took some time out his busy schedule to address the team as they started spring training. It was one hell of a speech.

    First off, guys, I want to say what a privilege it is to be here today to talk to a room full of employees that I inherited when I bought your company last year.
    Itís an honor. Iíve been a fan of the Chicago Cubs much of my life. Then again, I used to watch the A-Team a lot, and itís not like I didnít know that sucked, too.


    Since I'm not going to cut and paste the whole article (and I'm waiting on AutoCad to download), I'll just post the link. It's worth the read.

    http://www.desipio.com/?p=2770



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 38,363, Level: 60
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,363
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    As some of you know, the Cubs were bought by Tom Ricketts this past fall, and yesterday he took some time out his busy schedule to address the team as they started spring training. It was one hell of a speech.

    First off, guys, I want to say what a privilege it is to be here today to talk to a room full of employees that I inherited when I bought your company last year.
    Itís an honor. Iíve been a fan of the Chicago Cubs much of my life. Then again, I used to watch the A-Team a lot, and itís not like I didnít know that sucked, too.


    Since I'm not going to cut and paste the whole article (and I'm waiting on AutoCad to download), I'll just post the link. It's worth the read.

    http://www.desipio.com/?p=2770
    I hate desipio.com. Worst. Blog. Ever.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    I hate desipio.com. Worst. Blog. Ever.
    What's wrong with it? Some of the best pieces are when Dolan skewers Phil Rogers or Rick Morrissey. Desipio isn't all sunshine and rainbows like BCB is, and I happen to like that.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,721, Level: 61
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,031
    Points
    39,721
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 20

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    I like it. Pretty funny guy.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    THH... Take it easy with the Cub's stuff... We want to be about 2 months into the season when the Cardinals fans start complaining about the number of Cubs threads...



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    THH... Take it easy with the Cub's stuff... We want to be about 2 months into the season when the Cardinals fans start complaining about the number of Cubs threads...
    Check out the title of this post.

    http://www.desipio.com/?p=2760



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 38,363, Level: 60
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,363
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    What's wrong with it? Some of the best pieces are when Dolan skewers Phil Rogers or Rick Morrissey. Desipio isn't all sunshine and rainbows like BCB is, and I happen to like that.
    Phil Rogers and Rick Morrissey are not any better.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    Check out the title of this post.

    http://www.desipio.com/?p=2760
    Ya... saw that one... mildly amusing ;)



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 183,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,445
    Points
    183,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 519
    Given: 77

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Since I didn't want to start yet another Cubs thread, did you guys see the piece on ESPN.com about Soriano's knee feeling much better?

    If he plays well, the Cubs will be fine. If not, it's going to be another year like last year.

    Edit: here's the link:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4945692



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Since I didn't want to start yet another Cubs thread, did you guys see the piece on ESPN.com about Soriano's knee feeling much better?

    If he plays well, the Cubs will be fine. If not, it's going to be another year like last year.

    Edit: here's the link:

    Chicago Cubs left fielder Alfonso Soriano says surgically repaired left knee is feeling more powerful - ESPN Chicago
    Or if Ramirez doesn't miss two months, or if they get any production out of 2nd base, or if the entire pitching staff isn't on the DL at some point.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 865,362, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,023
    Points
    865,362
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,864
    Given: 1,597

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Plain and simple: This is the Year!!!


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 69,563, Level: 81
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    69,563
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 85

    Re: Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Plain and simple: This is the Year!!!
    Darn right CycloneErik, next year is here!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM