Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Hallie Christofferson

Cyclone fans should be excited of this recruit, as I'm sure all of you already are.

I had to join this forum as I finally got to see her play, this girl is the REAL deal. I have never seen someone so talented at the high school level in a long, long time. She is nearly 6-4 and brought the ball up the court against a full court press with ease. She has amazing footwork and is going to be great at Iowa State. She was triple-teamed all night and still put up massive numbers (31 points, 20 rebounds). Exira will play at 10am in Des Moines on Monday if anyone wants to see her in action before she comes to ISU!! Amazing athlete. She is so fun to watch.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 19

Re: Hallie Christofferson

So she is a guard?

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

No she plays center for Exira and will probably play the 4 position at Iowa State. At the 1A level, however, she basically has to do everything for her team to succeed, which includes bringing the ball up the floor against a full court press. A do-it-all player.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 232

Quote Originally Posted by WesternIowaFan View Post
    No she plays center for Exira and will probably play the 4 position at Iowa State. At the 1A level, however, she basically has to do everything for her team to succeed, which includes bringing the ball up the floor against a full court press. A do-it-all player.
    I wonder if she might end up moving to the three with Poppens seemingly having the 4 locked up.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

We will have a great front court for years to come. Hopefully they all buy into Bill's program and stick around.

Rookie
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 13

Great first post western, thanks for the information, I was excited just to have her but you say she brings the ball up the court too, now I am really intrigued. Bill calls her the best prospect knowone knows about, lets hear more about her.

:) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

She never shot the 3-ball in this game but during warm-ups she cashed about 6 or 7 in a row. She is awesome, and was a solid 13-of-14 from the free throw line.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 232

She never shot the 3-ball in this game but during warm-ups she cashed about 6 or 7 in a row. She is awesome, and was a solid 13-of-14 from the free throw line.
    I just assumed she could shoot if BF was recruiting her.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,083
    Given: 575

Cyclone fans should be excited of this recruit, as I'm sure all of you already are.

I had to join this forum as I finally got to see her play, this girl is the REAL deal. I have never seen someone so talented at the high school level in a long, long time. She is nearly 6-4 and brought the ball up the court against a full court press with ease. She has amazing footwork and is going to be great at Iowa State. She was triple-teamed all night and still put up massive numbers (31 points, 20 rebounds). Exira will play at 10am in Des Moines on Monday if anyone wants to see her in action before she comes to ISU!! Amazing athlete. She is so fun to watch.
    Cool, thanks for the info! I grew up in Atlantic, so that is my general neck of the woods.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

I have heard alot of good things about her.. really excited to see what she can do

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I hope for the best with her. Her stats are great but she is going to be a HUGE ?. She plays against NO competition in class 1A and she did not play any summer ball, according to Bill. That is why she had no interest from any other schools. I trust in Bill though!

Addict
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

I like the next 3-4 years for our post players right now. The 3 freshmen gals there right now are all going to be VERY solid players for us and add this gal now and look out! I hope we find that hard nosed point guard soon though because we are really going to miss Lacey there next season. Someone like Bolte or Schroll is going to have to step up big time next season and be that go-to player who can create her own shot when we need it. Williams I think is just too small to really be a starting PG in the Big 12. She's a nice compliment player but has to have a lot of spacing to get a shot off being just 5-7 tall. The offense definitely will be run through our post players next season I bet.

Go Cubs Go!

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think she sounds great, and I especially like the fact that she appears to be able to handle the ball with more skill than most bigs do. Having someone who will be a four, most likely, and who can bring the ball up is a major plus. I recall five years ago, Brit Wilkins, who was 6'3', had to bring the ball up the court more than a few times when we had injuries at the point. Thanks for the first-hand report.

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I like the next 3-4 years for our post players right now. The 3 freshmen gals there right now are all going to be VERY solid players for us and add this gal now and look out! I hope we find that hard nosed point guard soon though because we are really going to miss Lacey there next season. Someone like Bolte or Schroll is going to have to step up big time next season and be that go-to player who can create her own shot when we need it. Williams I think is just too small to really be a starting PG in the Big 12. She's a nice compliment player but has to have a lot of spacing to get a shot off being just 5-7 tall. The offense definitely will be run through our post players next season I bet.
    Speaking of Williams, I had the same opinion but it was because of what I considered her lack of strength, not her height. Yet today a friend who has spoken with the strength coach told me that Williams is one of the strongest kids on the team. That does not necessarily equate with being strong with the ball, but the news sure did make me feel better about next year's guard situation.

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Speaking of Williams, I had the same opinion but it was because of what I considered her lack of strength, not her height. Yet today a friend who has spoken with the strength coach told me that Williams is one of the strongest kids on the team. That does not necessarily equate with being strong with the ball, but the news sure did make me feel better about next year's guard situation.
    Williams appears to be just a step slow on the court. Wtih her height she needs to be able to chase the girl that she is guarding aroudn the screens. Unfortunately she is just always behind and getting beat on defense. Bill does not tolerate poor defense so she does not get many minutes anymore. Also, her shot is just simply not falling for her anymore. Her one job on offense is to hit her open looks and she is not doing it. Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Whit and I see the potential. I just hope she can figure something out soon. She could be the next Ezell.