Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Hallie Christofferson

    Cyclone fans should be excited of this recruit, as I'm sure all of you already are.

    I had to join this forum as I finally got to see her play, this girl is the REAL deal. I have never seen someone so talented at the high school level in a long, long time. She is nearly 6-4 and brought the ball up the court against a full court press with ease. She has amazing footwork and is going to be great at Iowa State. She was triple-teamed all night and still put up massive numbers (31 points, 20 rebounds). Exira will play at 10am in Des Moines on Monday if anyone wants to see her in action before she comes to ISU!! Amazing athlete. She is so fun to watch.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 272,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    So she is a guard?



  3. #3
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    No she plays center for Exira and will probably play the 4 position at Iowa State. At the 1A level, however, she basically has to do everything for her team to succeed, which includes bringing the ball up the floor against a full court press. A do-it-all player.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 211,074, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,735
    Points
    211,074
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 360

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Quote Originally Posted by WesternIowaFan View Post
    No she plays center for Exira and will probably play the 4 position at Iowa State. At the 1A level, however, she basically has to do everything for her team to succeed, which includes bringing the ball up the floor against a full court press. A do-it-all player.
    I wonder if she might end up moving to the three with Poppens seemingly having the 4 locked up.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 51,023, Level: 69
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,023
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    We will have a great front court for years to come. Hopefully they all buy into Bill's program and stick around.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 11,422, Level: 32
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Splendid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    566
    Points
    11,422
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 30

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Great first post western, thanks for the information, I was excited just to have her but you say she brings the ball up the court too, now I am really intrigued. Bill calls her the best prospect knowone knows about, lets hear more about her.


    :) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

  7. #7
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    She never shot the 3-ball in this game but during warm-ups she cashed about 6 or 7 in a row. She is awesome, and was a solid 13-of-14 from the free throw line.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 211,074, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,735
    Points
    211,074
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 360

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Quote Originally Posted by WesternIowaFan View Post
    She never shot the 3-ball in this game but during warm-ups she cashed about 6 or 7 in a row. She is awesome, and was a solid 13-of-14 from the free throw line.
    I just assumed she could shoot if BF was recruiting her.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 736,255, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,886
    Points
    736,255
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,527
    Given: 725

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Quote Originally Posted by WesternIowaFan View Post
    Cyclone fans should be excited of this recruit, as I'm sure all of you already are.

    I had to join this forum as I finally got to see her play, this girl is the REAL deal. I have never seen someone so talented at the high school level in a long, long time. She is nearly 6-4 and brought the ball up the court against a full court press with ease. She has amazing footwork and is going to be great at Iowa State. She was triple-teamed all night and still put up massive numbers (31 points, 20 rebounds). Exira will play at 10am in Des Moines on Monday if anyone wants to see her in action before she comes to ISU!! Amazing athlete. She is so fun to watch.
    Cool, thanks for the info! I grew up in Atlantic, so that is my general neck of the woods.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,870, Level: 65
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,428
    Points
    44,870
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    I have heard alot of good things about her.. really excited to see what she can do


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 31,112, Level: 54
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,500
    Points
    31,112
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    I hope for the best with her. Her stats are great but she is going to be a HUGE ?. She plays against NO competition in class 1A and she did not play any summer ball, according to Bill. That is why she had no interest from any other schools. I trust in Bill though!



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 95,211, Level: 96
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,211
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    I like the next 3-4 years for our post players right now. The 3 freshmen gals there right now are all going to be VERY solid players for us and add this gal now and look out! I hope we find that hard nosed point guard soon though because we are really going to miss Lacey there next season. Someone like Bolte or Schroll is going to have to step up big time next season and be that go-to player who can create her own shot when we need it. Williams I think is just too small to really be a starting PG in the Big 12. She's a nice compliment player but has to have a lot of spacing to get a shot off being just 5-7 tall. The offense definitely will be run through our post players next season I bet.


    Go Cubs Go!

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 11,257, Level: 32
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    814
    Points
    11,257
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Quote Originally Posted by WesternIowaFan View Post
    Cyclone fans should be excited of this recruit, as I'm sure all of you already are.

    I had to join this forum as I finally got to see her play, this girl is the REAL deal. I have never seen someone so talented at the high school level in a long, long time. She is nearly 6-4 and brought the ball up the court against a full court press with ease. She has amazing footwork and is going to be great at Iowa State. She was triple-teamed all night and still put up massive numbers (31 points, 20 rebounds). Exira will play at 10am in Des Moines on Monday if anyone wants to see her in action before she comes to ISU!! Amazing athlete. She is so fun to watch.
    I think she sounds great, and I especially like the fact that she appears to be able to handle the ball with more skill than most bigs do. Having someone who will be a four, most likely, and who can bring the ball up is a major plus. I recall five years ago, Brit Wilkins, who was 6'3', had to bring the ball up the court more than a few times when we had injuries at the point. Thanks for the first-hand report.



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 11,257, Level: 32
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    814
    Points
    11,257
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I like the next 3-4 years for our post players right now. The 3 freshmen gals there right now are all going to be VERY solid players for us and add this gal now and look out! I hope we find that hard nosed point guard soon though because we are really going to miss Lacey there next season. Someone like Bolte or Schroll is going to have to step up big time next season and be that go-to player who can create her own shot when we need it. Williams I think is just too small to really be a starting PG in the Big 12. She's a nice compliment player but has to have a lot of spacing to get a shot off being just 5-7 tall. The offense definitely will be run through our post players next season I bet.
    Speaking of Williams, I had the same opinion but it was because of what I considered her lack of strength, not her height. Yet today a friend who has spoken with the strength coach told me that Williams is one of the strongest kids on the team. That does not necessarily equate with being strong with the ball, but the news sure did make me feel better about next year's guard situation.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 31,112, Level: 54
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,500
    Points
    31,112
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

    Re: Hallie Christofferson

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Speaking of Williams, I had the same opinion but it was because of what I considered her lack of strength, not her height. Yet today a friend who has spoken with the strength coach told me that Williams is one of the strongest kids on the team. That does not necessarily equate with being strong with the ball, but the news sure did make me feel better about next year's guard situation.
    Williams appears to be just a step slow on the court. Wtih her height she needs to be able to chase the girl that she is guarding aroudn the screens. Unfortunately she is just always behind and getting beat on defense. Bill does not tolerate poor defense so she does not get many minutes anymore. Also, her shot is just simply not falling for her anymore. Her one job on offense is to hit her open looks and she is not doing it. Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Whit and I see the potential. I just hope she can figure something out soon. She could be the next Ezell.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM