Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 108,060, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,494
    Points
    108,060
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 156

    Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Just got this from my buddy, a teacher in the DSM public schools.
    I am writing to express my concern about a matter that happened to me, a teacher, and to organize an unofficial boycott of dinners at home. Last night I was lying on my couch sipping on some Kool-Aid and watching ESPN. Out of no where my wife, who is named XXXXXXXXXXX, came in and told me my food would be ready in approximately 10 minutes. I casually waved her away like I always do and then the unbelievable happened. 10 minutes went by, 15 minutes went by, 25 minutes went by and finally after 45 minutes had went by, I said something.

    All I wanted was an explanation as to why I, a teacher, had to wait 45 minutes to get my dinner when it had been promised in 10 originally. I tried being polite to this young lady but she said very rudely, “It’s not my fault, someone forgot to thaw out the chicken.” Then she told me to “get off my *** and take the garbage out.” That is a quote people and I am a teacher.

    You can imagine my shock when spoken to this way. Immediately I picked up the phone and called the union to file a grievance. Unfortunately the person I needed to talk to was trying to negotiate a raise for the remaining 7 teachers at my school. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and confront this lady about her poor service. I said, “Hey, I am not one to complain but this is ridiculous and rude, if I don’t get an apology you can count on me and my teacher buddies never eating here again.” To that she replied, “Piss off Wanker.” She then started motioning towards me with her middle finger and yelling, “We don’t want teachers here…go unionize loser and let the dogs out on your way.” Then I think she called me a butthole.

    Needless to say, I did not stay for the meal. Instead I took my money to Legends Downtown and had some delicious chicken wings and fries. The staff there was far friendlier than my wife and the meal was much quicker. If you are reading this I would ask to you reconsider having dinner at home for now on.

    Please forward to every teacher you know if you are that type of *******.

    Sincerely,

    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Just another uppity teacher who feels the world owes me something


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 113,924, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,860
    Points
    113,924
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 126

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Thanks for the laugh! That's a good one.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 209,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,596
    Points
    209,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 293

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    awesome.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 97,754, Level: 97
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,918
    Points
    97,754
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 99

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Just got this from my buddy, a teacher in the DSM public schools.
    I am writing to express my concern about a matter that happened to me, a teacher, and to organize an unofficial boycott of dinners at home. Last night I was lying on my couch sipping on some Kool-Aid and watching ESPN. Out of no where my wife, who is named XXXXXXXXXXX, came in and told me my food would be ready in approximately 10 minutes. I casually waved her away like I always do and then the unbelievable happened. 10 minutes went by, 15 minutes went by, 25 minutes went by and finally after 45 minutes had went by, I said something.

    All I wanted was an explanation as to why I, a teacher, had to wait 45 minutes to get my dinner when it had been promised in 10 originally. I tried being polite to this young lady but she said very rudely, “It’s not my fault, someone forgot to thaw out the chicken.” Then she told me to “get off my *** and take the garbage out.” That is a quote people and I am a teacher.

    You can imagine my shock when spoken to this way. Immediately I picked up the phone and called the union to file a grievance. Unfortunately the person I needed to talk to was trying to negotiate a raise for the remaining 7 teachers at my school. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and confront this lady about her poor service. I said, “Hey, I am not one to complain but this is ridiculous and rude, if I don’t get an apology you can count on me and my teacher buddies never eating here again.” To that she replied, “Piss off Wanker.” She then started motioning towards me with her middle finger and yelling, “We don’t want teachers here…go unionize loser and let the dogs out on your way.” Then I think she called me a butthole.

    Needless to say, I did not stay for the meal. Instead I took my money to Legends Downtown and had some delicious chicken wings and fries. The staff there was far friendlier than my wife and the meal was much quicker. If you are reading this I would ask to you reconsider having dinner at home for now on.

    Please forward to every teacher you know if you are that type of *******.

    Sincerely,

    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Just another uppity teacher who feels the world owes me something
    That is a whole lot of AWESOME!


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Awesome...screw those ungrateful teachers. How hard can it be, you get summers off.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,825, Level: 65
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,428
    Points
    44,825
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    awesome!!!

    Just throwing this out there also..
    I used to work for Legends and that owner is one of the nicest guys i have met and just because one group had a bad trip there doesn't mean crap
    i still say legends is one of the best places to eat out there


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 16,086, Level: 38
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Dormeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    1,158
    Points
    16,086
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    I thoroughly enjoyed that.



  8. #8
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 237,751, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,005
    Points
    237,751
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 652
    Given: 593

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Quote Originally Posted by 4429 mcc View Post
    Awesome...screw those ungrateful teachers. How hard can it be, you get summers off.

    I used to think that. Then I married a teacher......don't even start.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 218,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,308
    Points
    218,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 311

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    I like how they act like since it was done to a teacher it was somehow different. Wonder how many times a teacher quit going to eat some place because an insurance salesman was treated rudly. yet everyone is supposed to quit eating at a place because a teacher was treated rudly.
    That's it I am going to legends tonight.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 42,697, Level: 63
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    JY07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    42,697
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 20

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    HAH

    it started slipping towards the end, but the first half was comic gold



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 209,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,596
    Points
    209,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 293

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    I used to think that. Then I married a teacher......don't even start.
    I think he was kidding. That being said, this piece was spot-on.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I think he was kidding. That being said, this piece was spot-on.
    I was serious as a raging case of herpes.



  13. #13
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 237,751, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,005
    Points
    237,751
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 652
    Given: 593

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I think he was kidding. That being said, this piece was spot-on.


    Oh I agree...it was hilarious. I just think the teachers that do work hard shouldn't be discounted because of the summers off thing. Granted, there are lazy teachers my wife works with that do fit the bill of "how can it be that hard?"


    @RandomGeoFacts

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 209,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,596
    Points
    209,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 293

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    Oh I agree...it was hilarious. I just think the teachers that do work hard shouldn't be discounted because of the summers off thing. Granted, there are lazy teachers my wife works with that do fit the bill of "how can it be that hard?"
    Nope, you're wrong. Teaching is the one profession in existance where everyone has the exact same work ethic.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Teachers to Boycott more eating establishments

    I don't care how much time off you give me, I could never teach elementary school. Those people are saints.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM