Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

2 Tinsley articles.. positive not negative

this one from espn.com (not very big)

Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley decided on Tuesday to get his teammates involved in a way few players ever have before. Tinsley dished out 10 assists without attempting a single shot -- either from the field or from the line -- making him just the fifth different player in NBA history to do that.

from nba.com/pacers

By Chris Speckman | March 22, 2006 For a split-second, Jamaal Tinsley appeared to be Iowa State’s savior in the 2001 NCAA Tournament. After the second-seeded Cyclones fell behind 15th-seeded Hampton 58-57 with 6.8 seconds left, Tinsley traversed the court with relative ease on his way to a potential game-winning layup.

“I had a clean look,” Tinsley said. “But it was like a toilet bowl. It went in and came out.”
    As Tinsley’s last-second shot went, so did his Cyclones. Only a year after reaching the Elite Eight, Iowa State became only the fourth No. 2 seed to be flushed out of the first round since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985.
    Obviously, an upset of such magnitude is extremely rare. But, as Tinsley points out, a missed layup isn’t all that uncommon.
    “It happens,” Tinsley said. “I was up against their leading shot-blocker. I thought he would at least attempt to jump. He fooled me.”
    Tinsley’s prediction was well-rooted in reality. Hampton’s Tarvis Williams had already turned back six Cyclone shots before he let Tinsley drive by.
    But Williams made the right moves all night. After all, he somehow managed to stick around long enough to hit Hampton’s last shot even though he played most of the second half with four fouls.
    Tinsley may have mistepped his senior year. But he helped the Cyclones dance deep in the tournament in 2000.
    As winter came to a close during Tinsley’s junior season, Iowa State warmed up. The Cyclones extended their winning streak to 10 games with NCAA Tournament wins over Central Connecticut State, Auburn and UCLA, earning them a date with top-seeded Michigan State.
    “I remember how hard it was to get there,” Tinsley said. “It was just a fun atmosphere on the way to the Elite Eight.”
    Time ran out for Tinsley’s team against the Spartans, whose roster included Charlie Bell, Mateen Cleaves, Morris Peterson and Jason Richardson, four future NBA players. Michigan State beat the Cyclones 75-64 as the breezed their way to a National Championship.
    Even though Tinsley left school without a title, he didn’t leave school without learning a lesson about college hoops.
    “There ain’t nothing like college, the atmosphere is totally different than the NBA,” Tinsley said. “The fans are more into it. You’ve got the college students and the alumni that really go hard at it.”
    Likely, rabid Cyclone fans will remember Tinsley the same way, even if he did miss that layup.
    “I had two good years (in the NCAA tournament) and I don’t regret nothing,” Tinsley said. “It was a shot that just didn’t go in.” Tomorrow: Sarunas Jasikevicius helps Maryland reach the Sweet 16.

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: 2 Tinsley articles.. positive not negative

How can you call that 2nd Article Positive? I almost cried reading that. Why couldn't you stay banned???Thanks for the bad memory, but it was worth it to read this line.

“There ain’t nothing like college, the atmosphere is totally different than the NBA,” Tinsley said. “The fans are more into it. You’ve got the college students and the alumni that really go hard at it.”

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."