Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Alright so I was talking to a hawkeye fan about the ISU billboard in CR, and he said to me quote, "Dumbest thing they could have ever done, they just woke a sleeping giant." That gets me to thinking, I hear that a lot from hawk fans. In fact, I hear a lot of the same points given out by multiple hawk fans. So I have came to this conclusion, they are really stupid.

Something as concrete as ISU beating Iowa in football makes them go into a frenzy, they have no idea what to do. So they all sit down in their conference or chat rooms and think of a good excuse on the events that have panned out. They can't think of anything until this coke bottle glasses twerp in the corner says in a faint voice, "Lets call it their Superbowl." "Yea guys lets say that, I mean it's a pretty pathetic excuse but what else do we got?"

So they start using that phrase over and over again. Now with the billboard. Hawk fans see this and get aggitated again, but they aren't smart enough of thinking of a comeback for themselves, so once again they meet in the holy grail to discuss what they should say. Once again, they can't think of anything to say. Then out of no where they hear, "Let's say they woke up a sleeping giant." They look over to not see the twerp, but this 6 foot, 375 lb man sitting in a lounge chair with heavy eyes eating some lays. Everyone in the room thought this was irony because he was actually a sleeping giant. So they all part ways and have a universal saying.

Do you guys think it really goes down like this? Because you know somewhere during your day a hawk fan will say something like this and you will think "I've heard that way too many times" Thoughts?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cllions05 &#064; 07&#045;19&#045;06 9&#58;10 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> "Dumbest thing they could have ever done, they just woke a sleeping giant."
    [/b][/quote]

If Iowa needed ISU to put up a billboard in CR in order to get motivated for the annual in-state rivalry, they&#39;ve got far bigger problems. And that just isn&#39;t the case.

Each fan base has it&#39;s "stupid fans"...or part-time fans - which in many cases are two in the same. Not everyone has a true sense of how football, or any sport, are played.

It&#39;s basically fan-fodder, something else to talk smack about.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, a "sleeping giant" that went 7-5 last year&#33; Must be one of those midget giants.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 45
    Excuses, excuses, excuses&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; and sad ones at that&#33;&#33;

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Sleeping Giant? No ... More like the big pile of manure in the field.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    believe I spotted the "sleeping giant" at the Des Moines Farmer&#39;s Market last Saturday. adorned in wife-pounder tank..tiger-hawk tattoo on beefy bicep..with a litter of little-hawks and wife in tow...haunting the many food vendors. I promptly struck him between the beady, jaundiced eyes with a onion bagel and quickly declared victory for UFPH.

(united front of pocket hotties) see other thread

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    Well, I&#39;ll glad we awoke the sleeping giant... maybe the game will be interesting this year and Iowa will put up a fight. We MAY even see a touchdown from them. Last year they must have been in a coma.