Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Tiger

The AP doesn't think that Tiger gets it. I don't think that anybody realizes that Tiger really controls the sports world. Like it or not, Tiger will determine the rest of his career. Not allegations or rumors, or anything. Tiger will start dominating again in a few months, and this will all just be dust in the wind...but we'll let the media think they have any influence for now...

Tiger doesn't understand he's not in charge - Yahoo! News

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 727
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 52

Re: Tiger

"It's selfish," Els told Golfweek magazine. "You can write that. I feel sorry for the sponsor. Mondays are a good day to make statements, not Friday. This takes a lot away from the golf tournament."

I like Els telling it how it is. Yes Tiger has brought a lot of attention to golf and a lot of money to the game. However this game has been going on for a century now and it will go on for the next century without him. He needs to respect the game, like he should have respected his family. Jack and Arnold should put Tiger over their knee and spank him like a little child, because that is exactly how he is acting.

Tiger is a piece of **** and the rest of the world is seeing it finally. This is week is one of the biggest weeks of the golf season and now he wants to hold a press conference during the middle of it????? Hey *** hole, why didn't you do this a month ago instead of taking the light away from your "friends" (if you have any left).

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 25

Tiger Who?

2009 FLHR - Vivid Black

I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

If I was Tiger the only thing I would do is play golf and win. People are dumb. They will forget everything if he wins.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    "It's selfish," Els told Golfweek magazine. "You can write that. I feel sorry for the sponsor. Mondays are a good day to make statements, not Friday. This takes a lot away from the golf tournament."

I like Els telling it how it is. Yes Tiger has brought a lot of attention to golf and a lot of money to the game. However this game has been going on for a century now and it will go on for the next century without him. He needs to respect the game, like he should have respected his family. Jack and Arnold should put Tiger over their knee and spank him like a little child, because that is exactly how he is acting.

Tiger is a piece of **** and the rest of the world is seeing it finally. This is week is one of the biggest weeks of the golf season and now he wants to hold a press conference during the middle of it????? Hey *** hole, why didn't you do this a month ago instead of taking the light away from your "friends" (if you have any left).
    Haha, you guys do know that Tiger consulted Accenture before doing this right? They are the sponsors of the tournament. When do you want him to do it so it doesn't affect any tournament? It will affect whatever is going on that week. It is funny some think it won't if he does it on a Monday or something.

If Tiger hadn't come to golf this sport would be the same place it was in 1995. He brought so much money to the sport it isn't even funny yet some won't even acknowledge it. Had it not been for Tiger, the golf world would have been focused on Ernie sucking hind tit the last 3 years after he said he thought he could overtake the #1 spot.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Haha, you guys do know that Tiger consulted Accenture before doing this right? They are the sponsors of the tournament. When do you want him to do it so it doesn't affect any tournament? It will affect whatever is going on that week. It is funny some think it won't if he does it on a Monday or something.

If Tiger hadn't come to golf this sport would be the same place it was in 1995. He brought so much money to the sport it isn't even funny yet some won't even acknowledge it. Had it not been for Tiger, the golf world would have been focused on Ernie sucking hind tit the last 3 years after he said he thought he could overtake the #1 spot.
    good points, i think he does need to come out and just tell everyone what happened and just set the record straight. i think people are more interested because he tries to keep everything a secret, if he would just open up and acknowledge everything he did he would be forgiven faster.

...and have a real press conference and not whatever he is having is called

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyAddict View Post
    good points, i think he does need to come out and just tell everyone what happened and just set the record straight. i think people are more interested because he tries to keep everything a secret, if he would just open up and acknowledge everything he did he would be forgiven faster.

...and have a real press conference and not whatever he is having is called
    Well the press got what they had coming. Tiger runs them not the other way around. There is a reason the good golf writers were not talking about this. They don't want to be left in the dark when he decides to talk.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well the press got what they had coming. Tiger runs them not the other way around. There is a reason the good golf writers were not talking about this. They don't want to be left in the dark when he decides to talk.
    agreed, they made WAY too much of a circus out of this whole thing, but i like pre-crash tiger too much to want him to become an outcast like barry bonds did when he refused to come clean.

not that steroids and infidelity are in the same ballpark, but i think its an acceptable comparison.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

agreed, they made WAY too much of a circus out of this whole thing, but i like pre-crash tiger too much to want him to become an outcast like barry bonds did when he refused to come clean.

not that steroids and infidelity are in the same ballpark, but i think its an acceptable comparison.
    Violation wise they are both cheating, the difference is Tiger didn't cheat what made him famous. Tiger also has a lot more charisma and will be able to work the press.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Violation wise they are both cheating, the difference is Tiger didn't cheat what made him famous. Tiger also has a lot more charisma and will be able to work the press.
    i just hope hes back for the masters, win or lose for him, its a win for the PGA

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

i just hope hes back for the masters, win or lose for him, its a win for the PGA
    He will be, if for no other reason because it will be the most controlled environment there is. There will be no heckling and there will be limited press. If you have ever been there you know what I mean.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He will be, if for no other reason because it will be the most controlled environment there is. There will be no heckling and there will be limited press. If you have ever been there you know what I mean.
    i just hope he doesnt try to go back next week in scottsdale where theyre crazy

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

i just hope he doesnt try to go back next week in scottsdale where theyre crazy
    He won't. My bet would be he plays the Tavistock and then goes ot the Masters.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 111

I know this is off topic, and don't intend to derail the thread, but I for one wish there was never a Tiger Woods and we were still "in the same place it was in 1995".

I'm sick and tired of playing golf behind hacks who take waaaaaay too long to hit 20 yard, duck hooks off the tee, followed by 6 worm burners before taking forever 'lining up' 3 putts, only to NOT have the golf knowledge or etiquette to let a group who's playing up their *** play through.

Most out there these days are only there because of Tiger. Maybe now that their inspiration is a confirmed dbag, they'll stop playing and the courses will open up.

Sorry...had to vent. Rant over.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by enisthemenace View Post
    I know this is off topic, and don't intend to derail the thread, but I for one wish there was never a Tiger Woods and we were still "in the same place it was in 1995".

I'm sick and tired of playing golf behind hacks who take waaaaaay too long to hit 20 yard, duck hooks off the tee, followed by 6 worm burners before taking forever 'lining up' 3 putts, only to NOT have the golf knowledge or etiquette to let a group who's playing up their *** play through.

Most out there these days are only there because of Tiger. Maybe now that their inspiration is a confirmed dbag, they'll stop playing and the courses will open up.

Sorry...had to vent. Rant over.
    That's funny but then they would be doing it because of Phil or Sergio or someone like that. Tiger did not cause that.

Or so I have read.