Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Jeremy/Anyone--

In Pollard's letter to ISU fan's about the facilities master plan he mentions that there will be details coming later about how we can support the plans. Has there been any word on what those options might look like?

I am assuming it will it be more than just joining the NCC or increasing your current giving level.

Thanks for any advance news.

BillyClone

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    In addition, does anyone know if we'll have the option to state what project in the master plan we'd like our donation to support? For example, if several people donate specifically to the Jack Trice upgrades, and the funds are there before the scheduled date of 2010, is there a chance they'd start construction early?

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    I've been wondering about this as well - I've been setting aside some cash to donate, but have not received direction as to how to do so. I figured being in the Alumni association I would have heard something by now.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Pollard still needed to submit a feasibility study. I imagine that will take a month or so, and then an organized fundraising campaign will be implemented. My guess, is it will be ramped up in August when Football excitement begins to reach a fever pitch.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 1
    Or how about some companies stepping up? Principal practice facility? It would be awesome to get a bunch of money that was company donated.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 431
    Given: 271
    Yeah, I expect it to be another month or so until we're asked to donate money.

In reference to the question of construction starting earlier - I highly doubt that would happen. When dealing with these major projects, typically big crews need to be scheduled far, far in advance. Plus, it has to be coordinated around other construction going on with other facilities - not to mention when the team is using the facility needing renovation.

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 19
    I got this e-mail last week. Not sure how I got on the list. Sounds to me like you can just give through the NCC, and that will go toward the projects as well.

Dear Cyclone fans,

It’s a great time to be an Iowa State Cyclone! During my travels as your Director of Athletics, I’ve heard a common theme from Cyclone Nation. You want our student-athletes to perform successfully in the classroom and compete for championships. I share those visions. However, if we are going to fulfill those visions then we must invest in our facilities.

I hope you’ve had the chance to read or hear about our breathtaking facility master plan for Athletics. It includes major renovations at Hilton Coliseum and Jack Trice Stadium and the possibility of a Student Recreation Center (benefiting our swimming and gymnastics teams) and the concept of a Gateway Athletics Complex (which could house softball, outdoor track, tennis and even baseball).

I’d encourage you to take a few minutes and go to www.cyclones.com, click on the button labeled “Facility Master Plan” on the right side of the front page and soak up all of the information. There are color renderings, architectural drawings, a media Q&A, timeline, funding needs and a PDF of the presentation to the Board of Regents.

You can’t help but get excited about the possibilities. The Regents approved our plan and now we move into the fundraising phase. Although the total cost of the full project is $135 million, we do not need to raise $135 million to achieve our goals. We simply need to sell 24 suites in Jack Trick Stadium, 20 suites in Hilton Coliseum and secure commitments for $35 million in private support ($1 million per year for 35 years) to renovate Hilton and to enclose the endzone in Jack Trice Stadium.

Everyone will need to step forward and help. It’s a myth to think that only big donors can contribute. In fact, the grassroots campaign is what really provides a stable foundation for the project. Iowa State University has 200,000 living alumni. If 10% of ISU alums joined the National Cyclone Club at the lowest annual donation level of $100, the amount raised annually could pay for debt service on $30 million of renovations. Think about that. If 1-in-10 alums contribute at the lowest level annually, it would fund $30 million of renovations. Every one of you does count. We’ll need the assistance of every Cyclone fan to see these projects realized. This is a chance for us to “Take the Next Big Step.” Are you ready?

I’m honored to be your Director of Athletics. Your enthusiasm has motivated me and I’ve been sparked by your desires. We hope the information on our web site whets your appetite and dares you to dream. Now is the time to “Take the Next Big Step”.

Go Cyclones!

Jamie Pollard
    Director of Athletics