Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    mack brown has worked texas early again.he already has 13 kids committed for 2011.i wish we would land some blue chippers early once. go to the old coach network on rivals if you want to review his signees. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    doc

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 32,393, Level: 55
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,424
    Points
    32,393
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 9

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    mack brown has worked texas early again.he already has 13 kids committed for 2011.i wish we would land some blue chippers early once. go to the old coach network on rivals if you want to review his signees. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    **** Mac Brown......




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 121,243, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,649
    Points
    121,243
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 272

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    TheOldCoach.com - Class '11: Texas gets 13 Junior Day commits

    They have another junior day Saturday, they very well could have 20 2011 commits after next weekend.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 341,945, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,566
    Points
    341,945
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,395
    Given: 2,906

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Yeah, this crap happens every year. Texas get their first pick, and then the rest of the B12 and TCU clean up the leftovers. We will probably never beat out Texas on these early commits. I am just hoping we start doing better with the leftovers.

    There is soooo much talent in the state of Texas it is sickening.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 15,992, Level: 38
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kgreeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,233
    Points
    15,992
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    There is soooo much MONEY in the state of Texas it is sickening.

    Fixed it.




    "I believe the state color for Alabama should be primer," Larry the Cable Guy.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 341,945, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,566
    Points
    341,945
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,395
    Given: 2,906

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by kgreeny View Post
    Fixed it.
    Agreed. It is pretty easy for UT to impress the best talent in the state with one of the biggest scoreboards in the world and state of the art facilities. Sersiously, they have to make up ways to spend all of the money they pull in. It is rediculous. I can see them, in a few years, buildling a brand new stadium just because they can.

    My orignal statement though was pertaining to the massive amount of HS football talent in Texas. They had 54 players listed as 4 and 5 star players this year. There were only 44 total players listed for the state of Iowa and most of those did not sign with a D1 school. That's crazy.



  7. #7
    Walk On HtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    204
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Agreed. It is pretty easy for UT to impress the best talent in the state with one of the biggest scoreboards in the world and state of the art facilities. Sersiously, they have to make up ways to spend all of the money they pull in. It is rediculous. I can see them, in a few years, buildling a brand new stadium just because they can.

    My orignal statement though was pertaining to the massive amount of HS football talent in Texas. They had 54 players listed as 4 and 5 star players this year. There were only 44 total players listed for the state of Iowa and most of those did not sign with a D1 school. That's crazy.
    Well then again they have over 4.5 the land mass of Iowa and over 8 times as many people. With those stats Texas should produce that many more players, especially when you consider with the weather down here indoor sports are not as important as up north so they tend to focus on football more.

    Another thought is I am betting more games in Texas are being scouted on a regular basis because there are so many kids that go to the mega cites like Dallas and Houston that are more apt to get reviewed than a kid in a podunk town in Iowa, who I am sure is getting rated by a U-Tube video if at all ie the obligatory star rankings given after commitment.


    Last edited by HtownCyclone; 02-15-2010 at 10:07 AM.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Yeah, this crap happens every year. Texas get their first pick, and then the rest of the B12 and TCU clean up the leftovers. We will probably never beat out Texas on these early commits. I am just hoping we start doing better with the leftovers.

    There is soooo much talent in the state of Texas it is sickening.
    Have you ever gone to a high school game in the south? I went to jr. high down there, and football was all that mattered sports-wise. Up here the competition is nothing compared to what it is there. I would almost argue that the reason that Texas players are so good isn't because they're naturally better at football than someone from up here, it is just that that is all they do from the time they get into 6th grade (or earlier) until they enter college.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 341,945, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,566
    Points
    341,945
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,395
    Given: 2,906

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    Have you ever gone to a high school game in the south? I went to jr. high down there, and football was all that mattered sports-wise. Up here the competition is nothing compared to what it is there. I would almost argue that the reason that Texas players are so good isn't because they're naturally better at football than someone from up here, it is just that that is all they do from the time they get into 6th grade (or earlier) until they enter college.
    Oh, I agree. I wasn't trying to say that the kids in Texas are naturally that much better than Iowa kids. They are to some extent, but the big thing is their programs. There really aren't any football programs in Iowa that would compare with many of the programs in Texas. Not even Valley is on that level.


    It would be interesting to see how good some of the best athletes in the state of Iowa could be if they were groomed in the Texas football programs. It is a different world down there.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 400,842, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,343
    Points
    400,842
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 617
    Given: 389

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Oh, I agree. I wasn't trying to say that the kids in Texas are naturally that much better than Iowa kids. They are to some extent, but the big thing is their programs. There really aren't any football programs in Iowa that would compare with many of the programs in Texas. Not even Valley is on that level.


    It would be interesting to see how good some of the best athletes in the state of Iowa could be if they were groomed in the Texas football programs. It is a different world down there.

    Some of Texas kids play football 12 months a year to be better.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 341,945, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,566
    Points
    341,945
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,395
    Given: 2,906

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by HtownCyclone View Post
    Well then again they have over 4.5 the land mass of Iowa and over 8 times as many people. With those stats Texas should produce that many more players, especially when you consider with the weather down here indoor sports are not as important as up north so they tend to focus on football more.

    Another thought is I am betting more games in Texas are being scouted on a regular basis because there are so many kids that go to the mega cites like Dallas and Houston that are more apt to get reviewed than a kid in a podunk town in Iowa, who I am sure is getting rated by a U-Tube video if at all ie the obligatory star rankings given after commitment.

    I get your point. More population will equal more recruits, but that does not completely explain the number of superstar recruits. If you pared it down by population, Texas still has a lot more top end talent.

    There are a lot of big time recruits from the state of Texas that aren't from big population centers though. Texas football is better on all levels than Iowa football. There are just more teams and more support from the smallest school up to the 5A juggernauts.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 186,172, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,441
    Points
    186,172
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 422

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Texas had 25 visits last year.... all 25 committed. Thats pretty solid.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 58,724, Level: 75
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,622
    Points
    58,724
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 126

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    I am jealous of the way TX gets pick vs. recruit but I do respect Mack Brown for picking the right kids. The last 9 years TX has signed an average of 22 kids. When you factor in all the ones that leave early for the NFL he has great player retention. They do a great job of signing kids that stay on in the program for 4-5 years. Academic and behavioral casualties have minimal in that program in the last decade.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    i have been on rhoads,herman,and mckim to recruit the following:
    aaron green rb san antonio madison
    malcolm brown rb cibolo steel-just outside san antonio
    marquis anderson dt cibolo steel-a real blue chip dt
    hershel sims rb abilene texas
    ronelle sims-qb,slot back,rb,wr abilene texas-ronelle is only 5-8 and is a cousin of hershel sims-this kid could play at running back and would be very solid on a half back option pass-in the 4a title game between abilene and wylie ronelle really put on a clinic with his running and passing skills.
    i have not seen any activity by iowa state on scout or rivals by iowa state by cpr or herman,so i called pollard and told him to get on these kids.
    green,brown,and hershel sims are in the adrian peterson class. they r three of the finest running backs i have seen in texas in one yearand in many years. i hope we can land one of them. that may be dreaming.they will end up at notre dame,texas,oklahoma or at texas tech.tuberville is all over hershel sims.


    doc

  15. #15
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Deer Park
    Posts
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: mack brown and texas football recruits(2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    mack brown has worked texas early again.he already has 13 kids committed for 2011.i wish we would land some blue chippers early once. go to the old coach network on rivals if you want to review his signees. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He got one my DB's this past weekend on Junior Day. LeRoy Scott



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM